• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its getting serious. 3.6 inches in the last 5 days and its still sprinkling this morning. The only bright spot in this harvest season is that trudeau is going down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Thank god for NG, and Grant Devine...1985 we got the prize, $4500 for 4,500,000 btu. Saved THOUSANDS since then, actually PAID for the install the next year, 1986 late harvest from HELL also. No combining before Sept, dried every bushel including all canola!
      Lots are sorry that it was still too expensive. Couple of dead yards around here have gas...for nobody.
      Huge issue on this farm Fj.
      Previous management didn't take it.
      Now if we want it we are at the end of the line, limited capacity, or extra costs to loop in a reservoir.
      I live close to a high pressure supply line for two neighbouring communities, the riser with shut off valves actually come up out of the ground on our land, I suggested tapping into it with a regulator....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
      Seems they don't want customers or make getting the service almost cost prohibitive.

How the **** am I supposed to estimate the "connected load"? How much grain will we dry any given year?
      How much will a shop take at any given size? How many Nat gas appliances will we end up with?
      How do I know? ...the max "I guess"?

Comment

The rural gas program should still be in effect...We should be able to hook on at a reasonable cost...

I have gas but I know of lots that 30 years ago were not here and didn't have a say to put it in...

I realize the cost but a safe supply of gas to a farm yard is important in the cold winters...and its environmentally friendly ...better than flaring it off...

Comment

All is good

Comment

Off to town!

Comment

Just a little wet.

Comment

Send those pics into ctv news.
                Because when sun comes out they will think we all will be combining same minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                  Send those pics into ctv news.
                  Because when sun comes out they will think we all will be combining same minute.
                  What ....????? you mean we won't be going the minute the sun shines?????WTF????

dumb****led farmer...tm

Comment

Where’s the f’n sun already.....

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                      Where’s the f’n sun already.....
                      Not far away apparently - they claim it's going to be 28C with a humidex approaching 40 by Tuesday in Southern MB. It's 9C currently - a country of weather extremes!

Comment

Yea it’s going To warm up next week but today feels like Norway. Cold, wet and feels like it is going to snow.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          Yea it’s going To warm up next week but today feels like Norway. Cold, wet and feels like it is going to snow.
                          Last year tomorrow it did snow here. And then every week after that till Halloween when it stayed for good. Today was +21 with sun for the afternoon and that’s better than it’s supposed to be for the next two weeks. Yippee

Nothing to report from the muskeg out west except the swather is ready and patiently waiting to go scalp lodged barley in the muddy hills. Combines are closer to fixed up ............. just waiting on a hydro pump and motor to be rebuilt for one.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dFNJoZA%TSSv5sf5fn4Ayg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	767744

Started swathing won't stop now as fields all seem in order ready to go.

Odd green area but rest is well on its way.

Muddy in spots as swather almost spins out.

GPS guidance has some issues as mud contols direction in places.

This is our second and third lightest fields.

Name:	Rl7ron8QR++JO9d1hNNYXQ.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	767745

Lots of Mushrooms started to grow all over the place.

Name:	u+arVnEBTtyP398g1qjmQQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	767746

Comment

Looks like fricken BC around here. Not even any yellow leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                                [ATTACH]4900[/ATTACH]

Started swathing won't stop now as fields all seem in order ready to go.

Odd green area but rest is well on its way.

Muddy in spots as swather almost spins out.

GPS guidance has some issues as mud contols direction in places.

This is our second and third lightest fields.

[ATTACH]4901[/ATTACH]

Lots of Mushrooms started to grow all over the place.

[ATTACH]4902[/ATTACH]
                                Looks like paradise alongside here. My buddy started swathing yesterday and his drowned out canola will make for quick threshing whenever the weather will allow that to start.

Only have drowned out and lodged barley here this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.