• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current oat price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current oat price

Larry, 101 , others, we have all the oats off and dried , some are paying $3 from combine for all of them if we want . Do you think a person should bin any of them at that price . Have already hauled out 2/3 of them Hardly any are off , in fact hardly anything is off here. Supposedly oat acres are way up and i wonder if price will tank once combines start rolling . All future prices are lower than that or is there going to be a shortage of oats ? In a 35 mile drive yesterday saw 1 canola , 3 peas 1 barley, and 1 wheat combined. already had to bin 2/3 of the peas as prices are shitty here. Thanks

Any time I can get over three, I sell oats. Lots of oats seeded, but most are like you say not harvested. In our area, all fields show yields will be less than last year except one that's lodged and flat.

Maybe hold off for 3.50 or 3.75 but that will be the top IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Any time I can get over three, I sell oats. Lots of oats seeded, but most are like you say not harvested. In our area, all fields show yields will be less than last year except one that's lodged and flat.

Maybe hold off for 3.50 or 3.75 but that will be the top IMHO.
      Agree Sask, . . . our western Cdn milling oat prices should hold up into winter as fundamentals look good.
      There may be more premiums, but $3 plus shouldn't be ignored from a cash market perspective.

The bear is; like for all commodities, the global economy. The U.S. is on the cusp-of-recession (IMO). This could impact all markets should the 4th quarter show a major downturn.

Comment

Ask Quaker or General Mills what they think a good price is. I'm sure they have your best interest at heart.

Comment

GM only wants rotten black swathed mildewed oats
          Ours are ausrtanadaed and whilte
          They wouldnt want these lol
          Last edited by caseih; Sep 12, 2019, 07:49.

Comment

Just waiting for the price of cheerios/oatmeal/etc to go up and never come down on the price of oats....even though their supply of oats probably has a locked in price for most of it...

The precedent has been set with the Westons and bread price fixing and no fine...

Comment

I would bin in if you have space There’s already a 25-30 carry in market for DD

Comment

Oat acres up in Edmonton region. Finally some are maturing. Heavy crop. Weather is improving. Lots of oats if these make it. Should price some now.

Comment

Case Your brother was telling how they were yielding so at 3.00 i world think you are well into the black ink on the ledger and you know the old saying "Pigs Get Slaughtered" HaHa

Honestly i really don't know where the price will go.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                    Case Your brother was telling how they were yielding so at 3.00 i world think you are well into the black ink on the ledger and you know the old saying "Pigs Get Slaughtered" HaHa

Honestly i really don't know where the price will go.
                    i agree , lol

Comment

On that topic, what is a realistic yield for oats nowadays. High inputs, and without them going flat down. I hear some numbers that almost make them look profitable, and maybe even worth the itch, but I've never seen a high yielding oat crop that wasn't flat around here.

Comment

Oats special here .... $2.75 !!!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          On that topic, what is a realistic yield for oats nowadays. High inputs, and without them going flat down. I hear some numbers that almost make them look profitable, and maybe even worth the itch, but I've never seen a high yielding oat crop that wasn't flat around here.
                          You don't wanna grow oats, no money in them.

Comment

Don’t grow oats. They itch and retailers don’t sell as much inputs on them. Stick with wheat and canola cause peoples families need to be taken care of. Lol

I think there are a lot of acres out there but it’ll be a wonder they’ll make forage let alone grain. Tried mine Saturday before the rain but 20% standing and mine are probably the ripest in the area cause they went in after the wheat. So many out standing and green enough to warrant probably taking a chance swathing and hope for a week of decent drying.

Comment

I think Oat price will be determined by Mother Nature. There is almost always enough good weather every fall for harvesting and Oats will be the first to get combined after it drys some. With this Global Cooling we are experiencing and if harvest is delayed even later, then who knows? Add in the fact that the corn and soybean crops are also feeling the effects of Global Cooling. What might the odds be for that crop to make projected yields?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.