• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 crop value

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 crop value

There is going to be a huge reduction in net farm crop receipts this year .
    I bet is will be down 50-60% ... easily .

I wonder how many people involved in the Ag Industry will take a 50% reduction in their net take home pay???
    Would be interesting to hear their comments to justify their wages this year . Especially for an industry that has done nothing to lobby the federal Liberals to address the ongoing trade issues that have decimated crop prices.
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 11, 2019, 06:23.

This is beginning to feel like the mid-late eighties and early 90's.
    Every community has it's proverbial "canary in the coal mine".
    Interesting times ahead. Big rents even bigger land prices.
    Machinery, parts and service in the stratosphere.
    ROI below COP.
    I guess the AgInvest and AgStab and CrapInsurance barometers indicate no help on the near horizon!

Comment

I'm very sad to see the cereal swaths getting soaked. What a mess. With the return to temps in the 20's we may see widespread chitting/sprouting in the standing barley too

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
        I'm very sad to see the cereal swaths getting soaked. What a mess. With the return to temps in the 20's we may see widespread chitting/sprouting in the standing barley too
        It was already happening before this rain event in areas

Comment

The suckers may have to buy feed barley for malt. It’s happened before.

Comment

Over Half of barley acres combined malt quality here, no fear lots to DRINK guys!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              Over Half of barley acres combined malt quality here, no fear lots to DRINK guys!
              Probably same here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.