Manitoba Election Tuesday September 10

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Manitoba Election Tuesday September 10

Sep 9, 2019 | 18:35 1 How long can Pallister hold the reigns? Reply With Quote
Sep 9, 2019 | 19:21 2 Good luck tomorrow Manitoba! I sure hope you don't go back to the Orange Scourge. Reply With Quote
Sep 9, 2019 | 19:22 3
Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
How long can Pallister hold the reigns?
Not sure. Who would close emergency rooms and call an election? Not the best strategy. Reply With Quote
Sep 9, 2019 | 20:55 4 We’ve spent more than we had for years then when u get someone who tries to fix the problem he’s the bad guy. People are so stupid these days. The just put it on the credit card days are coming to an end. We need more leaders who lead by example including fiscal responsibility as a starter. Reply With Quote

• Sep 10, 2019 | 19:58 5
    How long can Pallister hold the reigns?
    At least 4 more years.

Looks like the Liberals were almost shut out in Manitoba.....maybe a good sign for getting rid of Trudeau? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 10, 2019 | 20:11 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    At least 4 more years.

Looks like the Liberals were almost shut out in Manitoba.....maybe a good sign for getting rid of Trudeau?
    The Liberals were never going to be the opposition here. Looks like PC majority with the NDP gaining quite a few seats and Liberals about the same. Reply With Quote
    Sep 10, 2019 | 21:19 7
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    The Liberals were never going to be the opposition here. Looks like PC majority with the NDP gaining quite a few seats and Liberals about the same.
    Global news has the PC's over 48% of vote and 36 of the 57 seats. NDP went from 14 to 18 I think. Congradulations to the Manitoba PC's.

Looks like our illustrious PM is going to call the election tomorrow. I would like to think there is a chance that eastern Canadians won't vote him in again but I have very little hope. One bright spot is that another Liberal term will hopefully bring western Canadians to their senses and realize that being run by the east no longer works!!! Another bright spot I see there is a former NDP MP who is now running for the Green Party in Quebec wants to see Quebec separate from Canada, that would work!! Enjoy your day.
    Last edited by Hamloc; Sep 10, 2019 at 21:26.
    Sep 10, 2019 | 21:54 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    Global news has the PC's over 48% of vote and 36 of the 57 seats. NDP went from 14 to 18 I think. Congradulations to the Manitoba PC's.

Looks like our illustrious PM is going to call the election tomorrow. I would like to think there is a chance that eastern Canadians won't vote him in again but I have very little hope. One bright spot is that another Liberal term will hopefully bring western Canadians to their senses and realize that being run by the east no longer works!!! Another bright spot I see there is a former NDP MP who is now running for the Green Party in Quebec wants to see Quebec separate from Canada, that would work!! Enjoy your day.
    A Canada being run by Quebec is a disaster.... already right in front of everyone’s eyes ..... open them.
    Follow the money 💰...... Reply With Quote
    Sep 11, 2019 | 00:08 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    One bright spot is that another Liberal term will hopefully bring western Canadians to their senses and realize that being run by the east no longer works!!! Another bright spot I see there is a former NDP MP who is now running for the Green Party in Quebec wants to see Quebec separate from Canada, that would work!! Enjoy your day.
    At least Trudeau can say that he left behind a legacy. Splitting the country into pieces with divisive politics will be remembered for centuries. Westerners may even erect statues and rename landmarks after Trudeau, the one who finally got us out of this abusive relationship. A true hero for our times. Reply With Quote
    Sep 11, 2019 | 04:26 10 Pallister has a chance now to make Manitoba great, wonder if he will use his majority to do good. Hope the Libs were watching and scratching their heads today. Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Sep 11, 2019 | 06:43 11
    Pallister has a chance now to make Manitoba great, wonder if he will use his majority to do good. Hope the Libs were watching and scratching their heads today.
    You honestly think the Federal Libs care what happened in lowly Manitoba?
    Anything west of Lake of the Woods and east of the Rocky Mountains is only the outback anyway! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 11, 2019 | 06:52 12 Liberals lost official party status running on a climate emergency agenda, they dropped from 4 to 3 MLA’s.

Now they can all carpool in a regular cab F-150. Reply With Quote

• Sep 11, 2019 | 10:14 13 no greens either. 👍 Reply With Quote
    Sep 11, 2019 | 10:22 14 did you notice our friends with their left leg longer aren’t commenting today- wonder why maybe Libs👎and Greens Zip - just wondering Reply With Quote
    Sep 11, 2019 | 11:04 15 Well that didnt age well

Name:  mb.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  58.2 KB Reply With Quote
    Sep 11, 2019 | 11:21 16 Hmmm another poll wrong. Ho hum . What is the percentage of polls wrong? About 80 plus percent of the time, they are good for dogs. Reply With Quote
    Sep 11, 2019 | 11:47 17
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Well that didnt age well

Name:  mb.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  58.2 KB
    What Jazz fails to tell you is that this was the only poll that suggested a close race, all other polls put PC well in the lead. Second, this poll was done by a new Toronto polling firm that had never before done a political poll and the results were so out of line that a number of news organizations did not even report the results. Third, the polling company itself acknowledged a day after release that there may be a problem with the numbers and 4 days later admitted there were data weighing errors and it was incorrect. The corrected results were in line with all other polls which predicted a PC lead. If Jazz read the story instead of just the headline he would have realized the poll was wrong.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ront-1.5252766
    Last edited by dmlfarmer; Sep 11, 2019 at 12:31.
    Sep 11, 2019 | 12:33 18
    Quote Originally Posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    What Jazz fails to tell you is that this was the only poll that suggested a close race, all other polls put PC well in the lead. Second, this poll was done by a new Toronto polling firm that had never before done a political poll and the results were so out of line that a number of news organizations did not even report the results. Third, the polling company itself acknowledged a day after release that there may be a problem with the numbers and 4 days later admitted there were data weighing errors and it was incorrect. The corrected results were in line with all other polls which predicted a PC lead.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ront-1.5252766
    Just glad to see the Liberals out of party status..... that’s the best part .
    Was that the same polling group that had Hillary way out in front of Trump even up to the day of the election??? Lol
    It will be interesting to watch all these polls here in Canada leading up to the election, and the actual results after . Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Sep 11, 2019 | 12:43 19
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Just glad to see the Liberals out of party status..... that’s the best part .
    Was that the same polling group that had Hillary way out in front of Trump even up to the day of the election??? Lol
    It will be interesting to watch all these polls here in Canada leading up to the election, and the actual results after .
    You know what I wouldn't mind seeing...

ZERO polls during the election campaign. Party's can have their own internal ones, but thats it.

I wonder what the effects would be on the election. Would people vote more because they wouldn't be compacent that their choice of party was a shoe in, or even because polls can tell them that their vote is pointless because their choice has no chance?

Or would it mean people vote less?

Would strategic voting because of percieved "momentum" not take place? Would people cast a vote truer to their thinking or would it push them harder towards strategic not knowing whether their vote was safe to not elect "the other guy" instead?

It would possibly mean the bobble heads would have to discuss the actual platform positions, and not constantly be focused on "momentum", or the horse race...

Just a thought. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

LEP

• fjlip's Avatar Sep 11, 2019 | 13:05 20 Chicken Shit SOB, scared of getting asked REAL questions, and unable to have a reasoned intelligent answer, only scripted bullshit off a teleprompter, repeat repeat repeat

Name:  Turdo scared.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  85.1 KB Reply With Quote