• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wass wrong wit culuny quipmint¿

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Wass wrong wit culuny quipmint¿
      Pattison sales manager told me the Hutterite equipment has dozens of operators, like communism, none has skin in the game, therefore drive them like they stole it. Used all up when traded, they go straight to Auction.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        No you got me on that one but I did bring a can from Harbour Freight that I can dip the handles maybe tomorrow’s project.
        LOL. Take care...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          Pattison sales manager told me the Hutterite equipment has dozens of operators, like communism, none has skin in the game, therefore drive them like they stole it. Used all up when traded, they go straight to Auction.
          Da boss is watching da performance of all da cumbines frum his cellphone or laptup. Nose xactly wats happinin.

Dem high testosterone young guyz can't git away wit nuttin.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9zO1D7JTTOyul70NEmTIvQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	767720

After being over ever acre of HRS and Now starting to swath canola it is clear that 2019 yields won't come close to the bin buster we had last year. Yes, some fields will hit close, but others won't. It is a result of the long dry spring that trimmed yield back in June. Now with Canola green spots will be cooked probably next Wednesday and the late rain is also taking yield prospects down. 2020 here we go.

Comment

Hope you guys are going like a bat outta hell. That darn weather forecast for next week isn’t disappearing. Finishing lentils today, cracking into durum. All hands on deck!

Comment

Heavy wet fog the last two mornings that keeps things soaked till noon isn't helping. Most tried yesterday and then went home to fix or buy a rope.

Comment

Wheat soft, barley sprouting, canola green in spots, all needs HEAT and forecast highs of 9-11 next week, HELP CARBON TAX...oops wrong answer that makes CANADA COLDER! Well political hot air/lies might help, okay all you liars EXHALE!

Comment

Peas are 19.8 and hrs is 22 we will wait and-see at 3:00.

Comment

If that satellite doesn’t poop out, it’ll be loooong time. We managed to take off a couple hundred acres of durum. Close to 20%. Seeded First week of May 120 days.

Comment

How strange every time we try combine it's two- three warm days from testing DRY! Been that way 75% of my career. Run through dryer but would have been dry in 3 days! Keep chasing the drill and you NEVER get dry!

Comment

Well a few things have changed over the last while. First started combining peas today. Used reglone to speed up the process. A little over 2 weeks behind last year. Last year we had just under 4 inches of rain on our peas and yielded 62 bushels and a bale and a half per acre. This year we have had almost 11 inches of rain and in the little bit we have done yield appears to be about 10 bushels less per acre but almost 2 bales per acre of straw, go figure.

Lots of barley in the area being swathed and some combined, haven't heard what the yields are but barley looks good. We swathed one little field for seed but looks like it will all be sprouted before we can combine it, fml. Those who can successfully swath cereals must live in a different climate than I.

Pre harvest has begun on wheat but lots of fields still to green. I have done one field but will be waiting a bit before doing any more.

Canola, swathing has begun here and there, some too early imo. Mine looks to be 1 1/2 to 2 weeks away from being ready to swath. Last year we straight cut it all, pod shatter was good but the rest suffered a bit of wind damage. This year it is all invigor pod shatter and interested to see how swathing works. Weather for the next week looks wet, pretty standard for September. Enjoy the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            Well a few things have changed over the last while. First started combining peas today. Used reglone to speed up the process. A little over 2 weeks behind last year. Last year we had just under 4 inches of rain on our peas and yielded 62 bushels and a bale and a half per acre. This year we have had almost 11 inches of rain and in the little bit we have done yield appears to be about 10 bushels less per acre but almost 2 bales per acre of straw, go figure.

Lots of barley in the area being swathed and some combined, haven't heard what the yields are but barley looks good. We swathed one little field for seed but looks like it will all be sprouted before we can combine it, fml. Those who can successfully swath cereals must live in a different climate than I.

Pre harvest has begun on wheat but lots of fields still to green. I have done one field but will be waiting a bit before doing any more.

Canola, swathing has begun here and there, some too early imo. Mine looks to be 1 1/2 to 2 weeks away from being ready to swath. Last year we straight cut it all, pod shatter was good but the rest suffered a bit of wind damage. This year it is all invigor pod shatter and interested to see how swathing works. Weather for the next week looks wet, pretty standard for September. Enjoy the week.
                            Pea yields in general were down here this year as well from were they should be
                            Some 20-40% less .

Comment

Peas in our area are all yielding better than last year on fields that never had peas before or 8-year rule. You can see the difference in the four-year rotation compared to the 8-year rotation.
                              In four-year rotation fields, areas flooded back four years ago are yielding very well compared to the rest of the field.

I am sold, on the 8-year rule something is going on to cause this difference.

shows up in long term pea growers fields.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                                Peas in our area are all yielding better than last year on fields that never had peas before or 8-year rule. You can see the difference in the four-year rotation compared to the 8-year rotation.
                                In four-year rotation fields, areas flooded back four years ago are yielding very well compared to the rest of the field.

I am sold, on the 8-year rule something is going on to cause this difference.

shows up in long term pea growers fields.
                                Same here, even 6 years shows .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.