• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding progress/moisture conditions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding progress/moisture conditions

Just looking for an update on seeding progress/moisture conditions. Any changes to seeding plans. Let us know approximately where you are located.

Charlie,
    Fort Saskathewan Report: We are about 20% done seeding. Surface moisture is excellent, but temperatures are a little low. Sounds like more moisture and cooler temperatures around the corner.

What's your thoughts on pricing CPS fixed price? Nice little jump yesterday!!

Comment

And a nice jump again today. You can lock in (Alberta) about $5.30/bu for 1CWRS 13.5, $4.90/bu for 1SWS and $4.60/bu for 1CPSR. Interesting times ahead for wheat. Tough to recommend a lot of selling in a rising market but I would be on alert/likely doing something even if a "B" train at a time.

I have to express my frustration around barley. No producer pricing options for malt barley. Current fixed price contract for feed barley less than $2/bu. Current new crop bids domestic market close to $3.00/bu depending on where you live in Alberta. Perhaps this is why the CWB is concerned about competing in an open market.

Comment

Red Deer
        A much needed 1/2 inch of rain/snow overnight. Seeding progress 10-15%. Many farmers are reluctant to turn a wheel due to cool weather and very, dry soil conditions. A seed grower and local fertilizer report an unusually slow start.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...