• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck, true cost renewables

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck, true cost renewables

Thoughts, Chuck

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/green-new-deal-preview-texas-town-environmentalism-chuck-devore.amp?__twitter_impression=true https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/green-new-deal-preview-texas-town-environmentalism-chuck-devore.amp?__twitter_impression=true

possibly , he is without power ? lack of sun this summer, batteries are dead ?

Comment

Man, every Tom, Dick and Harry taking advantage of solar subsidy to jump on the band wagon. Even solar panels on garden shacks.Yep our money down the tubes.

Comment

You see guys .... strip mining and leveling mountain is ok though for rare earth minerals needed for solar panels.... it’s all optics and following the money as many have said here before.... SFA to do with the environment or climate

Comment

I currently have 18 hp of aeration fans running during a sunny day and still producing extra electricity.

There is an environmental impact to everything. Fossil fuels have a bigger impact. Especially coal.

I am glad that you are all concerned about the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

There is an environmental impact to everything. Fossil fuels have a bigger impact. Especially coal.
            Would you care to back up that claim with a full life cycle analysis in the real world. Cut and paste format is acceptable.

Comment

I'm quite happy to burn cheap, emissions scrubbed coal to run my 80 hp of fans as well as the yard.
              Oh, but wait, with the tripling of conventional power and distribution costs, I have to have a diesel generator on half of them. How's that for eco- friendly????

Comment

Cost was $45,000.00 to run a ten hp fan off of solar panels that I was quoted! That will pay ! Ah not!

Comment

And that would only run at peak sun hours of the day which is only 5hrs lol

Comment

My quote was $38k to run 3 phase <400 yards.

Comment

We need to subsidize new installations to increase demand.
                      Our country was developed on that policy. Now we're going backwards in high gear.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        We need to subsidize new installations to increase demand.
                        Our country was developed on that policy. Now we're going backwards in high gear.
                        Instead, we subsidize frivolous Virtue signaling projects such as Chucks solar panels. Which in turn causes massive infrastructure and operating costs to the utilities, Which they then pass on to the end users, making Projects such as the three-phase installation listed above cost prohibitive, Not to mention the ongoing rate increases.

Comment

Please chuck send a picture of your solar panels so I can confirm your not full of shit and the fans running and your off the grid .

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                            Please chuck send a picture of your solar panels so I can confirm your not full of shit and the fans running and your off the grid .
                            I might be able to stop by there and see for myself.... I’m curious lol

Comment

cc. is legit. So are his family solar panels. I think they used up his Jan-Feb power generation just turning on the fan to his 24% moisture wheat. lol

I say thank you to the oil industry for the three phase infrastructure of our area.

If you keep your eyes open before k-line strips the transformer for SP's use somewhere else, you can tell Sask Power that you will take over the oilfield meter at farm monthly rates for a bin yard, and save yourself tens of thousands to redevelop 30 minutes of salvage destruction.

Now that is a positive reason for saying oil is not all bad.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...