• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar powered pumping systems

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar powered pumping systems

Has anyone any experiences to share on solar pumping systems? What equipment was used - what worked well and what didn't. I would be most interested in systems that pump from dugouts or shallow wells.

We have used a solar system purchased from Can. Ag Tech Partners at Olds 7 years ago. We have pumped from 4 different dugouts during the pasture season. we have the panel and pumps on a skid set-up and move it from location to location. We pump into 4' cluverts cut in half with capacity of 20 gals./min. from the pump.This has been a trouble free system and we think we have had good value

Comment

Thanks for the info. What sort of delivery system do you use - float valve from raised storage tank or ? What amount of storage/head do you use - I would be watering cow/calf pairs or ylg hfrs mostly. I understand that a 3 day reserve is minimum - does that seem reasonable from your experience? Any maintaince problems to be concerned about? How have you found the longevity of the deep cycle batteries - any makes or sizes better than others? I appreciate being able to pick your brain!

Comment

Sorry it has taken so long to get back on track. The deep cycle batteries we have are Navigator and they came with the system 7 years ago. We re-charge them a couple of times through the winter and have had no problems. We have a number of dugouts on several quarters and we just pull the panels and pump up prime the pump and let it work. We use a demand system into a water tank and hope the float will keep the tank full. There is enough water in the tank for a few hours with the numbers drinking. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.