• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Plant Based Meat" When will the ranchers and beef industry put an end to this BS.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Plant Based Meat" When will the ranchers and beef industry put an end to this BS.

Here's a DUH ! moment,,, the beef, ranchers put into grocery stores, restaurants, and on our plate,,, wait for it,,, IS PLANT BASED MEAT !!!

That's what beef is!!! Animals eating grass, or seeds from other plants! It's plant based meat.

Why aren't ranchers and the beef industry taking legal action to regain that phrase for themselves, through the courts? I don't care if there is a patent. Take it to the Supreme Court, I'd dare the Justices' to declare that beef wasn't plant based.

This leftist idea about not eating meat, and creating a fake plant product, IT IS NOT MEAT and THEY SHOULDN"T BE ABLE TO CALL IT MEAT!!! I'm not even sure it should even be called "fake meat",,, cause it's not even MEAT.

The more ads I see on this, the more I get pissed off on this manipulation of the public. I have no connection to the livestock industry, other than enjoying it on my plate,,, so someone Please tell me that something is in the works to reclaim "plant based meat" back to the beef industry and to ranchers.

Canada needs to get the **** outta the U.N.,,, like yesterday already!!! That's who's pushing this shit. The U.N.'s idea that it's unfair only some people in the world can eat meat,,, so then nobody should eat meat, needs to end.

As someone who does produce I'd respectfully disagree. I don't think we can claim beef is plant based meat and their product isn't - at least I wouldn't be confident in taking that to court. I think they have a right to bring such a product to market in a capitalist economy - there obviously is consumer demand for it. How much demand remains to be seen. I wouldn't blame it on the UN per se, it's a product of an interesting combination of factors - public sentiment whipped up by some people in the climate change field, a tiny but vocal minority of vegans who spot an opportunity to end animal agriculture, Bill Gates and the participants who rankle me most Cargill and Tyson foods. The latter two are in it because they reckon they can make even more money buying peas from farmers than they could buying fat cattle from feedlots. That's saying something given how much they've made in the beef processing gig over the years. They are real quick to throw cattle producers under the bus and at the same time maintain a relationship with the same so they can continue to make money processing beef.

In my opinion a legal challenge would be a huge mistake - it would cost untold $ which would come out of cattle producer's pockets and would keep the issue in the public eye for years to come. It doesn't worry me - I know we have a superior product and my guess is this isn't going to replace beef any time soon. More likely it's health disadvantages will be proven over time and it will finish up as popular as margarine.

Comment

Sorry, missed a bit from that post - you asked why won't ranchers and beef industry put an end to it. "Beef industry" as in packers/retailers are on the other side as explained above. Ranchers and feedlot operators would be in this battle alone - as always.
      Sidenote: As a result of the Tyson packing plant fire in Kansas and subsequent market manipulation it's been said that the 650,000 cattle processed in the US last week earned the packers $390 million dollars profit. They're doing great in beef but want to make even more with fake meat. Pea growers look out!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Sorry, missed a bit from that post - you asked why won't ranchers and beef industry put an end to it. "Beef industry" as in packers/retailers are on the other side as explained above. Ranchers and feedlot operators would be in this battle alone - as always.
        Sidenote: As a result of the Tyson packing plant fire in Kansas and subsequent market manipulation it's been said that the 650,000 cattle processed in the US last week earned the packers $390 million dollars profit. They're doing great in beef but want to make even more with fake meat. Pea growers look out!
        It’s alright, we have been getting bent over for decades as well . Will be no surprise here .

Comment

Follow the money.

The fake meat is a moneymaker for Industry. Buy cheap dog food peas at $5.35 a bushel add a little of this chemical and that and more salt and pepper and more crap that is dirt cheap.

Wow, Hamberger that costs maybe 1.00 lb to make and sell for whatever.

Ah, the money rolls in because the stupid consumer is not that bright. Look at Assholstrand, and you soon will realize what we're dealing with. They will eat crap because someone told them its good for them or a celebrity diet is so good.

Its Crap mixed in a blender vs. the real thing. Meat has been eaten since man first walked on the earth.

But consumers will fall for the bullshit and companies will make even more and the real healthy food will only be eaten by the rich and famous and smart farmers.

Comment

I like real meat. ...if I want to eat vegetables ...I will have a salad....

Comment

I looked at the meal I had last night for supper.

First was a small bowl of homemade tomato Vegetable soup.

Then I had a Small Garden Salad with nuts on it and a real homemade dressing.

Finally a Steak with pan-fried potatoes and peas on the side from the Garden

Cold beer and water were my beverages.

Oh, and dessert was oatmeal crisp with Saskatoon and raspberry on top. Berries from the farm.

Vs. two city neighbors that from what I could tell Had Pizza delivered and the Dirty Bird.

Yes, I don't always eat healthily but try my best for fresh vegetables and Meat.

Your full and don't have your ass sticking out of the fridge all night after like with crap.
              Last edited by SASKFARMER; Aug 24, 2019, 07:17.

Comment

There is nothing like fresh-outta the garden feasting. This year gardens are amazing. Go Carbon and Sunshine!

Comment

Oh but the consumer looks for the organic label. HAHAHHa I just laugh ill give my garden a full round of Anhydrous to help it grow. Big healthy juicy plants. Not crap grown in shit.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    There is nothing like fresh-outta the garden feasting. This year gardens are amazing. Go Carbon and Sunshine!
                    feel sorry for people who have never had a fresh tomato ripened on the vine out of a garden , or new potatoes, or fresh cucumbers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.