• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Deal popped up yesterday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Deal popped up yesterday

A farmer offered me 1200 to 1500 acres to sharefarm yesterday.

Landowner supplies chems seed and fert and water.

Peter sows sprays and harvests the crop.

Peter gets 55% landowner 45% Freight split accordingly to elevator.

Is it slightly lesser land than my own but sandier and frost free i have rocks on my existing land.

Catch is its crop/pasture/crop pasture rather than continuously crop. But will let me CC 400 acres as long as i sow him some stock feed.

I have some mongel finger breaking tyne breaking sledge hammer breaking heart breaking country i crop. Thinking might convert that to stock and take up this new block.

If your wondering current sharefarmer who has done it for 12 yrs has to have hip replacement has no workman to speak of and is scaling back. He told me he made good money 9 out of the 12 yrs this year crops just average needed extra nitrogen which didnt happen due to his health time constraints.

Interested in your opinions you guys probably get way better deals over there.

i offered to lease/rent the land and farmer said no "ive got skin in the game if i sharefarm, you win i win you lose i lose" The current land owner loves his livestock hates driving a tractor basically.

Ask for “first and last rights of refusal” or first chance to buy and match highest bid if he decides to sell.

Gives you more certainty going forward - which is also bankable, or if the bus hits him (snake bite) etc

Comment

Looks like good deal to me. There is no opportunity here like it. Most rented land here losses money as rental rates pre China trade war and is subsidized by paid for land. Seen and walked away from 50:50 where landowner and tenant split inputs while tenant sows, sprays and harvests while landowner supplies land and some grain storage.

Comment

Yield around 2 t ha if good year 2.5 plus barley.

Not quite as good as you guys get

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.