• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what our farm reps talk about...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what our farm reps talk about...

This is the headline from the opinion part of the western producer....

Subsidy cheques not the answer for grain producers

So Kevin ..care to explain your push to get canary seed under the CGC so those producers like yourself are protected under the funding of the CGC after the ILTA case....

This is a guy that has the ear of the politicians and represents farmers....and writes shit like this...

Wonder if Kevins dad ever sent back the cheques that allowed him to farm....

What fu-cking nonsense....

Kevin should come on AV and explain his commentary since he obviously lurks here for his comments...

What say you Kevin ...care to engage here?????
    Last edited by bucket; Aug 23, 2019, 06:54.

Kevin never was that smart. I remember him as a reporter driving around in his little truck trying to get stories.

Our farm reps are so F U C K E D U P its not even funny.

Comment

First off, here's the link so that someone else doesn't have to search the Western Seducer to find the story: https://www.producer.com/2019/08/subsidy-cheques-not-the-answer-for-grain-producers/ https://www.producer.com/2019/08/subsidy-cheques-not-the-answer-for-grain-producers/

Conflating compensatory payouts to the supply managed industries and payment insurance through CGC suggests that you don't understand the issue very well. I learned something from Kevin's piece - I thought the subsidies that Minister Bobo announced were related to NAFTA 2.0 but apparently they come from CETA and TPCCwhatever. Either way its pretty damn convenient to be able to mail cheques to Quebec 2 months ahead of the election.

I'm happy to argue that Sock Boy should be doing more with the Indian and Chinese situations but those are distinct from the payments to buy votes in Quebec. I don't always agree with Kevin but in this case he's bang on right - ad hoc subsidy payments aren't the answer to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
        First off, here's the link so that someone else doesn't have to search the Western Seducer to find the story: https://www.producer.com/2019/08/subsidy-cheques-not-the-answer-for-grain-producers/ https://www.producer.com/2019/08/subsidy-cheques-not-the-answer-for-grain-producers/

Conflating compensatory payouts to the supply managed industries and payment insurance through CGC suggests that you don't understand the issue very well. I learned something from Kevin's piece - I thought the subsidies that Minister Bobo announced were related to NAFTA 2.0 but apparently they come from CETA and TPCCwhatever. Either way its pretty damn convenient to be able to mail cheques to Quebec 2 months ahead of the election.

I'm happy to argue that Sock Boy should be doing more with the Indian and Chinese situations but those are distinct from the payments to buy votes in Quebec. I don't always agree with Kevin but in this case he's bang on right - ad hoc subsidy payments aren't the answer to anything.
        I understand it very well....Kevin wants other farmers through the CGC funding to make canary seed producer whole in their payments when things go south through a processor...no different than when the government makes the dairy producers whole for the trade aways in trade negotiations....

I ask this again....has anyone that lobbies against adhoc payments ever sent the payment back now or in the past that kept previous generation's farms afloat...

Devine kept a lot of farms moving forward with that adhoc payment back in the late 80s...it was an investment in agriculture if you think long and hard about it...agriculture changed in Saskatchewan after the 88 drought...it was a good adhoc payment ....

Some people have to take the blinders off and Hursh is one of them...

Comment

If an adhoc payment isn't the answer....what is?

To date every one of our competitors invest in agriculture using adhoc payments....

What is the answer to western canadian farmers current trade and pricing issues ...

You guys like the " go broke " answer?

How do you encourage young people to take on a million dollar debt to start farming?

Oh wait... a lot of guys never had to do that because of previous generations that were fully supported by adhoc payments...

JFC .....

Comment

Ass kissers who want to speak at the various government and our board and commissions know what they have to say. Understanding nothing and contradicting themselves because of their stupidity. Don’t take a cheque for speaking and writing because it’s all bullshit that hurts the family farms not relying on ass kissing for a living.

This is also where the producer and other news org s supposedly for farmers lose credibility by having these kind of people post garbage. Have some actual farmers tell it like it is.

Send supply management a check no premium no stupid rules but for actual farmers just suck it up wouldn’t want to have too much income that would be so bad.

Why don’t these morons write about
            How many have left agristupidity and why. Although maybe they shouldn’t because they likely don’t understand that either.

Comment

What is the answer Bucket, unfortunately the only answer I see that would dramatically change how agriculture is viewed at the federal level is if Canadians were to go hungry and a few started to die off. It has been 80 years since the start of WW II and the Europeans still remember the starvation that killed millions. The EU will never let ag suffer because they know in turn the people suffer. In Canada we have become fat and soft and have never had a lack of food, so why would you worry about your primary producers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...