• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rains today..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rains today..

In the drought areas of course that don’t need any more .
    Good for second growth if it makes it and was not froze 3 times since August 7

Comment

I assume you mean don't need "IT" anymore?

It's harvest time, turn off the water tap. Let's get-er dun.

Then rain after harvest and we can kick back and relax.

Edit in, this is a marketing forum. And for Pharoah's info we sold the light Tridem load of green peas tying up a bin for $8.00. I'm doing my job keeping the prices from rising! Harvest pressure sucks. A marketing newsletter stated someone sold 250 tonnes for $7.00.... yikes.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 22, 2019, 16:12.

Comment

Lots harvesting around here that won't appreciate it but I certainly would welcome it - corn is shedding the bottom leaves already its so dry. Need moisture to fill the cobs if we don't get it frozen first. For all the moisture we had this summer we need a wet fall again to recharge things but I realize guys harvesting have different priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          Lots harvesting around here that won't appreciate it but I certainly would welcome it - corn is shedding the bottom leaves already its so dry. Need moisture to fill the cobs if we don't get it frozen first. For all the moisture we had this summer we need a wet fall again to recharge things but I realize guys harvesting have different priorities.
          Same here , seen corn on our tour Monday that actually so dry that it was blue . Needed rain 10 days ago , not now or for the next 20
          But agree, once harvest is done we need a lot . Ground was very hard and dry here
          Some crops burnt up even without any hot global warming weather at all ever this year ..... thank goodness

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            50 bu/acre x 8.00 a bushel is 400 an acre !

Farma sell em all !
            They will hopefully be going 60!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Nice shower should add a few bu to the acre of canola !
              If it’s not froze ... yup 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                If it’s not froze ... yup 👍
                Or make it later and freeze if it hasn’t. Lol
                We re in let’s get off what ever rhere is country now.

Comment

Another dry rain here

Comment

Third rain delay of harvest so far... Never would have thought it would take 3+ weeks to get my peas off.

Comment

Would like one more drink for soybeans and corn. Could wait a couple of days though. Cereals would all be done. Looks like Saturday rain for me.

Comment

Not sure how much this rain will help frost damaged soybeans and Blackbeans

Comment

The animated Western Cdn satellite looks scarey. Most of southern Sk is combining peas and lentils.

Comment

I hate rain most of the time and and especially at harvest. Second day on peas and only needed another couple days. The ground is already wet without this.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              The animated Western Cdn satellite looks scarey. Most of southern Sk is combining peas and lentils.
                              A lot of warnings for eastern sask

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.