• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Secretary of State trade war comments

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Secretary of State trade war comments

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told a private group of business executives and free trade economists that he believes the trade war with China could come to an end by the 2020 presidential election, according to people who attended the gathering.

Could come to an end in 15 months.......

Hopefully our trade problems end in October!

Comment

Scheer can't fix this...and he certainly won't help western canadian farmers....he was a cheerleader for Gerry Ritz....

They left Western canadian agriculture in horrible shape and the current crisis proves it...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Scheer can't fix this...and he certainly won't help western canadian farmers....he was a cheerleader for Gerry Ritz....

They left Western canadian agriculture in horrible shape and the current crisis proves it...
        Have to Agree Bucket, anyone who thinks the conservative govt will be better for Agriculture Wasn’t paying ATTENTION the last time they were in power

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
          Have to Agree Bucket, anyone who thinks the conservative govt will be better for Agriculture Wasn’t paying ATTENTION the last time they were in power
          Its called blinded by ideology .....thats conservative voting in my riding....if that makes sense...great grandad, grandad,and daddy voted conservative....so god damn it I vote conservative....even if it means losing the farm....

Comment

Their policies all weren't bad, they were just implemented poorly.

Watch out for the SeedCo seed tax under a Conservative government!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

They gutted farm programs at a time that would have built a reasonable fund for the shitstorm coming....if they actually gave a shit. ..

Mandatory sales reporting would have told us in December 2018 China cut us off....

Ever notice how quickly the graincos got 150 million in export insurance ...how quickly they met with government officials?

Farm groups have been silent....

But no worries....Gord Bacon has been pounding his fist in private....could not even get the same deal as canola growers....on interest free to 500k for pulse growers...incompetence....
              Last edited by bucket; Aug 22, 2019, 08:36.

Comment

Can't argue with the gutting of farm programs, that's for sure.

Comment

Its called blinded by ideology .....thats conservative voting in my riding....if that makes sense...great grandad, grandad,and daddy voted conservative....so god damn it I vote conservative....even if it means losing the farm....
                  So I am curious Bucket, what did the conservatives do that created the lower canola and pulse prices of today? Neither were under the CWB. Do you think a different government wouldn't have implemented UPOV 91? Do you think a different government would have prevented all the consolidation of fertilizer and herbicide companies and the resulting lack of competition? Would machinery be cheaper today if someone else other than the conservatives had been in power? Yeah the conservatives made agristability virtually useless and didn't finish the job when the CWB was eliminated but my way of looking at farming doesn't depend on or desire government intervention but hopes to survive in spite of it. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    So I am curious Bucket, what did the conservatives do that created the lower canola and pulse prices of today? Neither were under the CWB. Do you think a different government wouldn't have implemented UPOV 91? Do you think a different government would have prevented all the consolidation of fertilizer and herbicide companies and the resulting lack of competition? Would machinery be cheaper today if someone else other than the conservatives had been in power? Yeah the conservatives made agristability virtually useless and didn't finish the job when the CWB was eliminated but my way of looking at farming doesn't depend on or desire government intervention but hopes to survive in spite of it. Enjoy your day.
                    But if they say they represent farmers interests and do the exact opposite .....I don't like my vote being taken for granted....and you highlight all the problems....and now look at the states for the answers because that's who your farm's equity is competing with...

Lower price Canola ...the problem with China. ..it's still getting there it's just going through a couple middleman taking a cut...

India issues caused lower pulse prices...

Flax market went from Europe to China. ....then the Europe market was handed to khakistan. ...

Look I get the conservative policies....I don't like the liberals or ndp....but it doesn't mean the conservatives should just get a pass..

Comment

2 dollar positive basis in soybeans and 1.50 positive on wheat last year before China got pissed at Canada

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

They didn’t have many in fact maybe someone could list some that were designed for the producer as apposed to the agribusiness sector up the ladder?
                        Destroyed stability program
                        Destroyed grain commission
                        Got rid of cwb. Initially that’s a good thing but all 3 of these put the power in the rail and grain co hands we were supposed to benefit even monetarily for this but the grain cos and railways have legally stolen those benefits from us.
                        We’re paying storage and increased transportation costs not to mention the grading disaster gong show.

Comment

[QUOTE=bucket;420991]Its called blinded by ideology .....thats conservative voting in my riding....if that makes sense...great grandad, grandad,and daddy voted conservative....so god damn it I vote conservative....even if it means losing the farm....[/QUOTE

Not trying to cause a war, but who are we supposed to vote for then? NDP? The liberals have proven that they could give a rats a$$ about the west and by association, farmers. I don't think Jagmeet will do any good for farmers, do you?

Maybe one of the separatist parties?

Comment

[QUOTE=flea beetle;421054]
                            Its called blinded by ideology .....thats conservative voting in my riding....if that makes sense...great grandad, grandad,and daddy voted conservative....so god damn it I vote conservative....even if it means losing the farm....[/QUOTE

Not trying to cause a war, but who are we supposed to vote for then? NDP? The liberals have proven that they could give a rats a$$ about the west and by association, farmers. I don't think Jagmeet will do any good for farmers, do you?

Maybe one of the separatist parties?

Maybe Mad Max's party just to send a message....

Sadly in our riding it's just a former conservative flunkie moved over to the PPC....

But still a message like when the reform party showed up...

Scheer is an eastern transplant to the west....not much of a gift really.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                              Youre right mman only way outta this is to remove the growth and go our own way
                              Sheer is a lapdog

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...