• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun fact of the day ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun fact of the day ...

Sclerotinia has showed up in canola but many just low lying wetter areas locally and throughout some fields north that had much higher rainfall. Very few canola fields were sprayed locally because of very dry conditions at times .
    Not a big issue locally but an interesting fact is , and I have seen this every year , 45CS40 has zero sclerotinia in any field I have seen . I have looked at close to 15 fields now and have seen zero incidence even in wet areas.
    I know a lot of bashing of canola is done here , and yes canola seed prices are very high, I have said so myself . But products like 45CS40 are a result of positive plant breeding . To reduce or eliminate fungicides is huge , and have built in control of clubroot .
    Fungicides as pointed out by Patrick and others kill good fungi and other beneficial bacteria we need .
    Not to mention it sure is nice not to worry in mid July about spraying canola and trampling crop if not needed. More time for family and not chem companies 👍
    Same goes for midge and fusarium resistance in a hrsw. Takes me off the sprayer a lot with those two seed varieties alone .
    See , just trying to be positive.
    If we would have froze I may have not been so positive this morning.
    Going to be a busy week around here.
    It’s near go time 👍

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Sclerotinia has showed up in canola but many just low lying wetter areas locally and throughout some fields north that had much higher rainfall. Very few canola fields were sprayed locally because of very dry conditions at times .
    Not a big issue locally but an interesting fact is , and I have seen this every year , 45CS40 has zero sclerotinia in any field I have seen . I have looked at close to 15 fields now and have seen zero incidence even in wet areas.
    I know a lot of bashing of canola is done here , and yes canola seed prices are very high, I have said so myself . But products like 45CS40 are a result of positive plant breeding . To reduce or eliminate fungicides is huge , and have built in control of clubroot .
    Fungicides as pointed out by Patrick and others kill good fungi and other beneficial bacteria we need .
    Not to mention it sure is nice not to worry in mid July about spraying canola and trampling crop if not needed. More time for family and not chem companies 👍
    Same goes for midge and fusarium resistance in a hrsw. Takes me off the sprayer a lot with those two seed varieties alone .
    See , just trying to be positive.
    If we would have froze I may have not been so positive this morning.
    Going to be a busy week around here.
    It’s near go time 👍
    But you don’t have those sprayer tracks in your fields to show everyone you’ve spent zillions, and look impressive!

Comment

I dont like the RR varieties, is there a CL or Invigour equivalent?

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        But you don’t have those sprayer tracks in your fields to show everyone you’ve spent zillions, and look impressive!
        People worry about sectional control to seed the whole field perfectly then go put the road through their field spraying...

To my way of thinking it's counterproductive. ...

I have seen guys harrow edge on last fall then....1. a preseed 2. Sencor. ..3.sencor again...4. Select...5. Fungicide...6. Fungicide/insecticide...and eventually a 7. preharvest and a 8. Postharvest if they use reglone.

Beautiful lentil crop but the kochia is coming strong now....

...I don't care....not my money....they need the yield to pay for it all..

First tracks in my lentils is preharvest....
        Last edited by bucket; Aug 19, 2019, 08:55.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...