• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Court of Appeal overturns previous ruling between Input Capital and a Grower.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Court of Appeal overturns previous ruling between Input Capital and a Grower.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/court-of-appeal-input-canola-not-unconscionable-1.5250731

As if Input Capital wouldn't have all their i's dotted and t's crossed.
    I doubt they would not have developed iron clad contracts that withstood the acid test.
    Still not my favorite form of credit or source if outside capital, but to each their own.......

Western version of snc lava Lin. Lol.
    No way two different judges that different of outcome. One of the issues was input claimed they didn’t know the farmers were in bad shape. Lmao who else is getting loans there? Lol.
    Somebody talked to somebody. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Western version of snc lava Lin. Lol.
      No way two different judges that different of outcome. One of the issues was input claimed they didn’t know the farmers were in bad shape. Lmao who else is getting loans there? Lol.
      Somebody talked to somebody. Lol.
      Now now big sprocket.
      Just lay back, relax, focus on your breathing. This will only hurt for a bit.

Clear for departure
      Iceman out

Comment

Who never got their free Input Capital bail pail?
        If you're in too deep you might need more than one and a bucket brigade!

Comment

IMHO, it seemed like an unusual ruling by the lower court. After all, our history is full of "unconscionable" contracts that still stand today. Prime examples are the treaties that were "negotiated" between the Dominion of Canada and native groups. "Hey, here's some booze and trinkets in exchange for almost every acre of productive land in Western Canada." What's unconscionable about that?

Comment

Originally posted by HITTGrapevine View Post
            IMHO, it seemed like an unusual ruling by the lower court. After all, our history is full of "unconscionable" contracts that still stand today. Prime examples are the treaties that were "negotiated" between the Dominion of Canada and native groups. "Hey, here's some booze and trinkets in exchange for almost every acre of productive land in Western Canada." What's unconscionable about that?
            Tremendous amount of awesome Pasture land wasted that could have dominated the cattle / buffalo industry..... just a bit of ambition needed ... everything else was free . Just add labour

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Tremendous amount of awesome Pasture land wasted that could have dominated the cattle / buffalo industry..... just a bit of ambition needed ... everything else was free . Just add labour
              I remember years ago maybe it’s still the same, a band member could get govt assistance to purchase 30 cows. Albeit I knew a couple that took advantage and tried but got the usual jealous beat down from the neighbours and gave up. Others got their cows and sold them for the money. Opportunities are there to better ones situation but if you have poor examples to look up to and too many bad influences you’re screwed before you start.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                I remember years ago maybe it’s still the same, a band member could get govt assistance to purchase 30 cows. Albeit I knew a couple that took advantage and tried but got the usual jealous beat down from the neighbours and gave up. Others got their cows and sold them for the money. Opportunities are there to better ones situation but if you have poor examples to look up to and too many bad influences you’re screwed before you start.
                Yep same here, one couple got cows and they were shot by the neighbours and the ones that weren’t shot were chased to death by atv for sport. Another couple tried to beautify their property with a fence and flowers, those got pulled out and destroyed. And then there is the household that had a wood stove for winter heating and just tore the siding off their house to burn instead of cutting firewood, that is too much work.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...