• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets today ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hypocrisy, double standards and one-sidedness of this Industry is mind boggling.

Comment

But remember, no one wants the grain, BUT I bet they would buy every bushel of green peas @ $7.50 and every bushel of #1CWRS @ $5.75 I would sell them.....ON THEIR TERMS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Speaking of fert, will anyone store all the fertilizer you bought up to 9 months in advance of when you need it?
        The big push now is to buy and take delivery of fert in July/Aug/Sept.

So now you can tie up potential grain storage with "cheap"(cough-gag-puke) fert and take shit fall grain prices you don't have room to store
        The big push not so long ago was to book your airdrill in July to guarantee you had by the following spring, wonder how many are doing that now???
        Between 2 dealers I drive by think there was one pre bought in likely Feb.

Comment

Oh oh oh.....and don't forget to put in your grain price targets! So they can all hang there in LIMBO on the GrainCo tree of Target Prices....then they can pick all the low hanging fruit first before they have to reach for the higher hanging fruit ......and allow it up the golden bricked driveway before it passes through their pearly gates of acceptance and then "judged" on its merits and worthiness of their possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
            Nothing new. Never any decent cash bids at harvest. Either presell or store it. And there was 7.40 new crop cwrs bids too at one point. Just saying
            But yes prices are terrible. Hopefully the bottoms in.
            Agree ,but last year we “pre sold” 2000 tn of wheat ,got 700tn in then it snowed ... for 3 weeks . We got taken to the cleaners by the time we harvested feed wheat ..... pre selling can be costly....
            we did not do any this year partly because of that and because of the extremely dry conditions until July.
            We usually pre sell 30-40% .
            Looking back yup , should pre sold some , once bitten twice shy though.

Comment

Specialty canola another example.
              One local farm contracted a pile of it last year , got froze then snowed on . They got it off but had to buy out a big chunk of that contract. Nearly sunk the farm .
              A local farm this year had close to 2000 ac of nexera , contracted for $12 plus .
              Great idea , but lost most of it to poor germ and heavy flea beetle pressure due to dry conditions in early June . Reseeded in June 16th ..... its still flowering a lot
              It may make it , but if it don’t .... that could cost them a huge fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Specialty canola another example.
                One local farm contracted a pile of it last year , got froze then snowed on . They got it off but had to buy out a big chunk of that contract. Nearly sunk the farm .
                A local farm this year had close to 2000 ac of nexera , contracted for $12 plus .
                Great idea , but lost most of it to poor germ and heavy flea beetle pressure due to dry conditions in early June . Reseeded in June 16th ..... its still flowering a lot
                It may make it , but if it don’t .... that could cost them a huge fortune.
                There is a list of reasons why there is a premium with specialty canola.

Comment

We won’t presell any grain unless it has a act of god clause, alternatively we use futures if we want to presell, that way we are not committed to any one grain companies.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                    The big push not so long ago was to book your airdrill in July to guarantee you had by the following spring, wonder how many are doing that now???
                    Between 2 dealers I drive by think there was one pre bought in likely Feb.
                    Lol yup , they are most likely sweeping the floors this summer trying to keep busy.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Agree ,but last year we “pre sold” 2000 tn of wheat ,got 700tn in then it snowed ... for 3 weeks . We got taken to the cleaners by the time we harvested feed wheat ..... pre selling can be costly....
                      we did not do any this year partly because of that and because of the extremely dry conditions until July.
                      We usually pre sell 30-40% .
                      Looking back yup , should pre sold some , once bitten twice shy though.
                      I here ya. Production Risk involved can bite ya. Supposedly there are things you can do. Buy options, futures account, hedging. All things I don’t do. Well I have with Cargill attach an option to sales but they aren’t usually cheap and expire worthless but is a form of insuranxe. I as well pre sell 25 or so of production to have cash flow and some input costs covered.

Comment

With my Nexera contract there is an AOG on the basis. But as soon as I lock in a futures value....I'm committed and the AOG ceases. Now I don't know for sure if the contract allows me to price a portion of the 30 bpa AOG(basis) and only be committed to the portion I priced or the whole 30 bpa becomes deliverable. I suppose I should ask that question.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          With my Nexera contract there is an AOG on the basis. But as soon as I lock in a futures value....I'm committed and the AOG ceases. Now I don't know for sure if the contract allows me to price a portion of the 30 bpa AOG(basis) and only be committed to the portion I priced or the whole 30 bpa becomes deliverable. I suppose I should ask that question.
                          Yes you can only price a portion. Only committed on tonnes you prices out futures with

Comment

I have seen the best prices of the year off the combine for lentils only to be wishing I would have kept hauling because the price by the following spring was worse or no better for storing it......

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              I have seen the best prices of the year off the combine for lentils only to be wishing I would have kept hauling because the price by the following spring was worse or no better for storing it......
                              Heaven forbid that hapoens this year with the current prices on offer.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                                Make sure to blend in some generic to the nexera !
                                What percentage do you blend in?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.