• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nearly 4 BILLION to dairy and supply managed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly 4 BILLION to dairy and supply managed

Budgeted nearly 4 billion for supply managed sector affected by trade deals. So let me get this straight you get screwed in trade deals then you simply open up the budget? Then you mismanage relations with other countries regardless if caused by trump stupidity but no compensation for grains and pulse?

Only 4 billion......pity!!!!!!

Nice to know that those that have an indexed pricing mechanism get a handout while pulse producers that get to deal with scheisters in the name of business ...even with the CGC overlooking....get screwed...

Comment

And we get a ****ing loan.

This is the most insane country in the world

Comment

Not sure where 4 billion came from. 1.75 Billion over 8 years which covers the Pacific and Euro trade agreements, not the USMCA as it hasn't been ratified yet.

Works out to $28k for a producer with 80 cows just in the first year.

Not that the ****ers need it. Meanwhile government has no problem slamming beef in the new food guide or leaving grain guys out to hang.

Any nuclear reactors in Quebec? Hope one has a meltdown someday. Such a ****ed country.

Comment

4 billion was in the last budget...

Comment

Remember that this is compensation for losses suffered in NAFTA 2.0 WHICH HASN'T EVEN BEEN SIGNED YET. Minister Bobo's seat at least should be secure.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
              Remember that this is compensation for losses suffered in NAFTA 2.0 WHICH HASN'T EVEN BEEN SIGNED YET. Minister Bobo's seat at least should be secure.
              BUT BUT, looking after jobs....I am a QUEBECER first, screw rest of Canada to bribe the LOSERS to get re-elected to keep funnelling $$$$ into Kaypecers.

Comment

This is what successful lobbying from a effective, powerful producer organization looks like. All of our organizations could learn a thing or two from the Dairy Council of Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                  This is what successful lobbying from a effective, powerful producer organization looks like. All of our organizations could learn a thing or two from the Dairy Council of Canada.
                  I asked a guy at pulse Canada if it was maybe time to hire a lobbyist from either...

A. The dairy sector
                  B. The auto sector
                  C. The steel sector
                  D. All of the above

Gord thought they were doing a good job....

My response...." whatever you are doing isn't working. "....

I don't think he caught the insult nor latched on to the idea...

This is why we have no voice....

Oh sure they cover their ass by telling producers they are very vocal in private conversations with government officials.....well that ain't working either....

Pulse Canada management should resign....pulse growers have been in deep shit for 3 years already and they are not making a difference other than a retirement fund for themselves. ...

Sub 6 bucks for peas while beyond meat is worth more than real meat?

Lentils at under 20 cents and the hardest crop on headers and combines. They paid more for garbage reds in 2016 than good quality for the last 3 years...

But producers are suppose to say ....good job Gord.....here is some more mandatory checkoff funds. ...

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                    Actually I heard yesterday that this 1.75 billion was to compensate for the Trans Pacific and the EEC trade deals. Half the money going to Quebec.

Perhaps the remaining 2.25 billion(of the 4 billion) is budgeted for the USMCA trade deal. Half again, I'm sure, will go to Quebec.

Is anyone really surprised? Anyone here really think the Liberal Party of Canada wouldn't funnel as much money as it could, into Qbeck. Getting money from Canada into Qbeck is essentially all of what the LPC is about! Qbecks love knowing, they're getting money from the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                      Bullshit,,, straight up this is all about buying votes before an election. This has been planned out for probably 2 years already. This is the only way the Trudeau administration has any hope of winning re-election. The LPC will be loosing seats in B.C., AB, possibly Ralph's in SK, they need to gain seats in Quebec and hold what they have in the Maritimes.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        I asked a guy at pulse Canada if it was maybe time to hire a lobbyist from either...

A. The dairy sector
                        B. The auto sector
                        C. The steel sector
                        D. All of the above

Gord thought they were doing a good job....

My response...." whatever you are doing isn't working. "....

I don't think he caught the insult nor latched on to the idea...

This is why we have no voice....

Oh sure they cover their ass by telling producers they are very vocal in private conversations with government officials.....well that ain't working either....

Pulse Canada management should resign....pulse growers have been in deep shit for 3 years already and they are not making a difference other than a retirement fund for themselves. ...

Sub 6 bucks for peas while beyond meat is worth more than real meat?

Lentils at under 20 cents and the hardest crop on headers and combines. They paid more for garbage reds in 2016 than good quality for the last 3 years...

But producers are suppose to say ....good job Gord.....here is some more mandatory checkoff funds. ...
                        Pulse and Canola problems haven't seem to be heard in Ottawa because these huge payments(half of which are going to Qbeck) have been in the works for atleast 2 years.

How much money can any Canadian government give to Agriculture without causing an uproar? Only a finite amount of money will ever go to Agriculture, and the Liberal Party of Canada needs that money(or as much as it can) to go to Qbeck.

Besides, as soon as you have some sort of payment going to Ag, you know there'll be posters here complaining that free marketers shouldn't get anything. They'll cut off their nose, to spite their face. Have you ever heard dairy people complaining about receiving any government payment, or complaining about milk price structure going up? There all in on it,

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                          Pulse and Canola problems haven't seem to be heard in Ottawa because these huge payments(half of which are going to Qbeck) have been in the works for atleast 2 years.

How much money can any Canadian government give to Agriculture without causing an uproar? Only a finite amount of money will ever go to Agriculture, and the Liberal Party of Canada needs that money(or as much as it can) to go to Qbeck.

Besides, as soon as you have some sort of payment going to Ag, you know there'll be posters here complaining that free marketers shouldn't get anything. They'll cut off their nose, to spite their face. Have you ever heard dairy people complaining about receiving any government payment, or complaining about milk price structure going up? There all in on it,
                          And consumers won't even ask for lower milk prices....while grain producers are basically shunned by the general public because its an open market....

What they don't understand is while it is true its an open market , it is highly influenced by the US pushing payments directly to the farmers...

And while dairy cries foul on the trade deals they are allowed to be highly subsidized while guaranteeing themselves an indexed price of their milk...never has milk gone down in price in my little world....

Dairy farmers are not being paid because their milk isn't making them money .....they are being paid for the governments will to trade their market in a trade agreement...

In my little mind its no different than being shut out of a market due to government intervention in something totally unrelated like the Huawei executive...

I should say this ...I am not envious of them getting the payment...I just don't understand why other sectors are ignored...

Comment

You are correct that it is vote buying to some extent, but remember this money was already promised by the Conservative government before they were defeated. This first installment is to compensate for the TPP and CETA, the rest will come when NAFTA 2.0 is signed. This was money lobbied for and secured by the Dairy Council of Canada. It doesn't hurt any political party that half of Canada's dairy producers are in Quebec. The only one with enough balls to stand up to them was MAD MAX. The thing that bothers me the most is the hypocrisy of the whole situation, trade disruption is trade disruption, whether it was negotiated in good faith in a trade agreement, or screwed up by incompetency both need to be handled in the same manner.

Comment

So some quick math from the news....if an 80 cow dairy is getting 28000....then the farm that recently burned down with 800 plus cows would be getting 280,000 plus another 60000 for the cows still alive....

I am not complaining....but a 80 cow calf herd on the prairies eat as well and are shut out of meat markets...

Can someone explain the difference...and why shouldn't beef producers be getting the same funding considering the tough spring where guys were forced to sell with no pastures....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.