• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	6YjNm%V5T5mRo4XFU2vEqA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	778511

Ok, this is mid of August report, and so far the weather has been cold/sunny ways/rain. Now the rain is usually good at this time of year as it fills the crop and pushes it along. Well, we got so close to freezing the last week it wasn't even funny.

So since I have been back, I have travelled from Regina to Kenosee up to Yorkton over to Roblin and up to Kamsack over to Canora down to Balcarres up to Foamlake over to Wadena Kelvington up to Tisdale over to Melfort up to Nipiwan over to Hudson Bay and back.

Yes, once your north of Tisdale its really a treat to look at the crops. But the funny thing you still get the WTF happened right beside the Wow that's a mega crop.

Now Drew has us cold then hot and then watch out after hot events and rain.

Our farm and a lot in the area I described need a month to get some crops to the bin. Reality the weather isn't cooperating with us very well. Yesterday on the Quad ride to crop check wore shorts and wow was it cool. It's August folks.

So instead of the USDA Crap report or Sask AG and Foods LA LA LA Nothing to see all is good just a few days late early harvest is pounding out the bushels. Yea in odd slough the guy drove through.

Yes if it holds out till the third week in September, this crop has potential.

HRS is turning nice and filling 6 to 8 rows the odd 10 in our area. Potential is there, but it is late and needs still a good week of hot weather to bring it in. Heat would be the answer. Some fusarium is in the crop but minor this year. You have, to look for heads and look hard. Spraying helped, but those fields are delayed, even farther. It is moving up to a 9 out of 10 compared to last year. It will do good without frost but not hit last years yields but close. It's not a ten because the cold would give us a 3 or feed with the Canadian grading system. Oh, look look that kernel isn't right. They probably will pick harder as it was on the news it froze in the peace river.

Name:	UoeaArxNTJGquwd3sWth8g.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	778512

Barley is turning nice, and heads are starting to bend from the heads filling. About a week away with sunny ways we could be harvesting in two weeks. Its a 9 out of 10 as won't hit last years yield but will be very close.

Name:	e56YdkWKTrms%Ap%Iu8wrA.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	778513

Oats I have one observation from my travels did every field of oats take a hit with the week of extreme temps. I did see lots of white oats fields from USA border all way to the Bush line north of Hudson Bay.

Name:	mQE6DrZeQTi+PmTbSAQmwg.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	778514

Flax what can I say this crop has severe problems in just about every field — one **** of a mess. I saw only a few that rate high the rest are all over the map from WTF to Ok it could make something. Some have weed growth coming that it looks like a Canola field in bloom or Wildoats field for hay production or Organic.

Name:	3gGoI5ncQbaWhQbf%xxVRQ.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	778515

Ok like our great crooked leader Trudeau its all sunny ways. and continued due to only 5 picture rule.

Canola one thing is for sure the crop has issues all over the province. Some fields on some farms are a ten then the next five quarters are still blooming later the latest seeded were done flowering. This is the one crop that has the potential for income for farmers but also has potential with frost for largest-ever payout in crop insurance history. I'm not kidding fields are all over the map. If like the first photo its still yellow you have 28 days till swath. Dah that's middle of Sept. First frost date for most could be the first-week sept. So conclusion some if not a lot of fields will have issues and big issues. Early even fields count your lucky starts your a hero so get it harvested and lock the bins because your shit is going actually to be in demand. Flowering fields needed time and were in Canada the days are getting shorter. So yes it has potential, but father time is against us. So for our farm I have maybe 12 good and will make something, 12 more might if it makes another two weeks and nine that need a good 28 days. So no rating on the crop as too much can go wrong.

Yea china we have a shit show here it's late, and you can downgrade the price to 4 dollars a bushel. Oh to all the bins are full fools that believe that bullshit. Let's see how many big dogs are around and spending when that reality comes to life, Who wouldn't have taken 11.25 and cleaned house you had to be not good at marketing not to read the signs. That was a high price.

Early seeded mid-may after the 20th seems the best.

Name:	plK716eZSIeHSYL7WGV3Bw.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	767581

It was seeded early with spring frost and emergence issues.

Name:	EzqO7c+HRUqTqBnfki4UHQ.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	767582

Lentils and peas are desiccated or will be after the next rain event. Crops are shutting down but wow are weeds having a hay day now and coming in thick.

Name:	W+wEGAOxToOly%Mk7FzT7g.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	767583

Pastures are holding there own and some second cut will be better than first for the hay crop.

Continued.

Comment

So to conclude the crop has potential if frost stays away till late September. Like that will happen but it can. All-weather reports say we won't get a wide-open fall lets to see if they are wrong.

Now for our shit for brains corrupt leader of the liberal party of Canada. How many times can this fool be caught doing shit and still have the potential to be elected again? Western Canadas votes mean nothing but god WTF are the people of Quebec and Ontario that ****ing stupid to think this fool represents there best interests. He is padding his pocket like a good liberal and telling the rest of us what to do.

Like someone posted earlier maybe he should win, so the West finally says enough is enough and moves on. I say **** Canada the way it is set up now. Like industry and farmers, you cant keep ****ing the one doing all the work sooner or later they get tired of working for nothing and either quit, move on.

Have a great week hope its sunny ways all the way to the end of September.

**** YOU TRUDEAU.

Name:	IMG_4949.jpg
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	767584

Comment

Rainfall on the weekend took us to total of 10 inches for the year from first melt to now.

Name:	CHV9BdslSY+3eoSQZUCOOA.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	767585

Northern Sask

Name:	z6wft+QbQ4mXo9HZcx3MLg.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	767586

Name:	MGexeZZDR+aTS3B2qtnPRA.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	767587

Name:	4o1ot1BpR6+XS8actW%ZYQ.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	767588

Construction has begun.

Name:	IMG_4918.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	767589

Comment

Full moon Sept 15. Very, very 🍀🦆if we make it to full moon.

Comment

We live in a democracy, and an election is a particular time for people you judge the gov of the day. You don't point fingers at the past leaders. It is four years of the new guy, and it's his baby. Well, I gave our boy a chance as all should do, but early on I saw a pattern and said we have a problem Houston. Some thought it was too much politics and criticized me. Now four years in we have a useless carbon tax. All construction in the west is done and abandoned. Trade deals are screwed up all over the place and yet the court jester keeps dancing. Now the ethics commissioner got him again for what the 10th time. Wake up Canada.

Name:	68390251_2818378294844355_5783297949396107264_n.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	767590

Comment

I think George Carlin said it best that think of the average person and how dumb they are and then realize half of all people are dumber than that. Average IQ is only about 80-85 in the west. There is lots of fertile ground for guys like skippy to play on.

Comment

This Sunday, we could see a clear night after the Rain event. Its tough to watch the weather.

Comment

Peas getting sprayed in area
                  Early canola and good early established canola will start to be swathed in the next week .
                  Some reseeded canola still full bloom
                  Early cereals are stating to get harvest management as well
                  Some diamond backs in a few fields but not bad at all
                  Pea ahpids did some damage
                  Some root rot in peas here even though we were extreme dry in May and June into the first week of July .
                  Yields locally will be average at best
                  Drought conditions here east and south east have pushed crop to maturity daily quick the past 10 days . This area sitting at around 5in rain total for year
                  It’s a different world 10-15 miles west , NW and north of here .
                  Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 15, 2019, 08:13.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Early cereals are stating to get harvest management
                    Haha, I love that term. its not glyphosate its harvest management. Chuck and Austranda will be going crazy. Just tell them they experienced it differently.

Comment

Little off topic, came across a farm looking to hire. The add said looking for “Field Superintendent”. WTF
                      I get a kick out the wording some use to try and attract workers.
                      Extra large scale farm seeks ...... not large but XL

Comment

According to some worst case models forecast lows for Sat and Sun <5C. Hope that doesn't get lower.
                        Next week's crop report could be interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                          According to some worst case models forecast lows for Sat and Sun <5C. Hope that doesn't get lower.
                          Next week's crop report could be interesting....
                          It will still be sunshine and lollipops...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            .... Average IQ is only about 80-85 in the west. There is lots of fertile ground for guys like skippy to play on.
                            You'll have to qualify that - is that opposed to 100 in the east?

Comment

SK is right, we need a good month just to get this crop cured. Still will need 2 or more weeks after that to bring it in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.