• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are profitable yields

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are profitable yields

Are 41.5 bu/A wheat or 40 bu/A canola yields profitable? These were average yields in Sk last year.
    Of course depends on average price received.

Originally posted by samhill View Post
    Are 41.5 bu/A wheat or 40 bu/A canola yields profitable? These were average yields in Sk last year.
    Of course depends on average price received.
    Short answer no , especially with the current market .

Comment

https://pubsaskdev.blob.core.windows.net/pubsask-prod/109886/109886-Crop_Planning_Guide_2019_dark_brown.pdf

Does anybody use these?

Comment

Sure can be. Depends how much iron and multi thousand dollar land you are paying on, or renting for 80 bucks.

41 bushel wheat would be rough.

Comment

I think virtually everybody is profitable at 40 bushel canola at even 9.5 canola. I think there will be closer to 33-35 bushel canola though. I don’t see how anyone makes money with 41 bushel wheat at 5.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
            I think virtually everybody is profitable at 40 bushel canola and even 9.5 canola. I think there will be closer to 33-35 bushel canola though. I don’t see how anyone makes money with 41 bushel wheat at 5.5.
            Doubt anyone making rent or land payments will break even on 40 bpa canola.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              Sure can be. Depends how much iron and multi thousand dollar land you are paying on, or renting for 80 bucks.

41 bushel wheat would be rough.
              Agree for sure , but very very few farms have everything paid for or have no machinery payments regardless of farm size . Even used equipment payments are not free .
              Unless your in your 70’s with all the land paid for and have zero payments on machinery current grain prices are not very profitable for most

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Agree for sure , but very very few farms have everything paid for or have no machinery payments regardless of farm size . Even used equipment payments are not free .
                Unless your in your 70’s with all the land paid for and have zero payments on machinery current grain prices are not very profitable for most
                Agree. I’m more speaking of those who went wild on high priced land and multi million dollar iron. The land, cuz they aren’t making it anymore, the iron to farm said land efficiently.

I think the more careful among us will be fine. Not saying no payments, saying reasonability of payments.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                  Doubt anyone making rent or land payments will break even on 40 bpa canola.
                  Depends on reasonability of said payments imho.

Comment

It always bothers me when people think that because someone has everything paid for they can do things for less.
                    Ever hear of “opportunity cost”??

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                      Depends on reasonability of said payments imho.
                      Sorry but there is nothing reasonable here anymore. Hasn’t been for 10-15 years. Guess ur commenting on your area, I’m commenting on my area and the two are nowhere close to the same I can see that now.

Comment

100 barley at malt is close to 500 acre that makes more money than shit canola

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          100 barley at malt is close to 500 acre that makes more money than shit canola
                          Cam malt get 100 bu/ac? Can even $5 be feasible if a large crops comes off?
                          I know feed variety’s can yield like crazy, maybe some new malts can also.
                          I quit growing malt, acceptance was low for me, so stuck with bin busting high busheling high test weigh feed type. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
                            It always bothers me when people think that because someone has everything paid for they can do things for less.
                            Very true

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
                              Well it really is a good feeling to have it paid for and it gives u opportunity to buy when u see a good deal . I went through the eighties and now I only buy when I got the money. I don’t drive new equipment but I do drive good equipment I say learn how to fix and u can make money and another thing is knowing exeacly what u got in each crop everyone has a deffernt bu per Ac profit

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.