• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Arse Hurts, knife drive bearing 4000 series ,thanks HoneyBee

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Arse Hurts, knife drive bearing 4000 series ,thanks HoneyBee

Knife drive bearing for 4000 series Click image for larger version

Name:	D5A22DEC-3423-4178-8986-FF185409286B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	778507 honeybee header , cannot change bearing alone anymore , apparently ?
    $435 or 81 bushels of #1HRSW , when will these greedy bugers have enough ?
    Has anyone found a reasonable replacement ?Click image for larger version

ID:	778507Click image for larger version

ID:	778507,

Did you really need to buy it 3 times and take 3 pictures? For that price, 1 would be enough.

Comment

There has to be a place that would just sell the bearing....that's crazy. ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Did you really need to buy it 3 times and take 3 pictures? For that price, 1 would be enough.
        Im technically challenged lucky i got a pic on here at all
        But i havent bought it yet
        Hoping for an alternative

Comment

That bearing is the same as the one used on a JD 936 d****r header and I used to buy Honey Bee bearings because they were cheaper. That is just the bearing, I have changed several of them and used to keep a new one in stock. They are very hard to change, If I remember right I used to take that end cap off and smash the outer and inner race. Very dangerous wear protection every where! You have to locktight the end cap screw when you reassemble. I think the bearing and casting are all standard Shumacker (I may have spelled that wrong). I remember the bearing is special and not just available anywhere. If you really need to know. I am sure I have one somewhere and I can find out more information. I have taken them off in one piece too but it is difficult. Good luck.
          Oh and don't run a loose one or run one with the plastic bushing pounded out or of course you will be breaking knife heads or knives.

Comment

Sorry took a good look at your picture and I see they have changed the way the bearing is retained. I would probably try and get the older style casting that you could change the bearing on.

Comment

Might be the same bearing as the rear wheel on a Chevy Aveo. Chinese version 33.95 online. It don't get any cheaper! 25mmX52mmX37mm
              As pgluca said you have to pull it off the crank. If the crank is okay you will get paid well to pull the bearing.

New Holland lists bearing for $154. #86565872

What you have in the pic is supposed to be better than the old style. You would have to change other parts to go back to the old style.

Also, the style shown in the picture you posted is not serviceable. A complete assembly crank and bearing from Schumacher.
              Last edited by farming101; Aug 13, 2019, 22:49.

Comment

Harvest is upon us. Let the gouging begin!

Comment

Anything proprietary is usually expensive.
                  Isn't Schumacher German technology, maybe the bearing is only available in Europe but the part is sold in North America as an assembly.

We have a Schumacher cutting system on one of our Agco headers, seems almost bullet proof.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.