FNA finally finished for good?

Commodity Marketing

Tools

FNA finally finished for good?

Aug 12, 2019 | 15:08 1

Court filings sure seem that way? Anybody else still having product delivered? Reply With Quote
Aug 12, 2019 | 15:51 2 That would be unfortunate. Saved a lot of money
on Chem and less competition is always never good. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2019 | 16:44 3 That’s unfortunate. Past and present dealings I saved money but had that feeling it was a little slippery. Glad I got all what I bought. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2019 | 17:13 4 Definitely a greasy outfit. Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Aug 12, 2019 | 18:00 5 Ì don't like paying membership fees for the luxury of shopping at or patronizing a business that makes a profit from me supporting it. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 18:22 6 Quel surprise. Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Aug 12, 2019 | 18:24 7 I do use Costco, and Sams Club and for the Farm FBN.

    Dropped FNA last fall. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 18:31 8 Wonder what there is for fertilizer plant assets? Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Aug 12, 2019 | 18:33 9 Oh I forgot about that cash **** Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Aug 12, 2019 | 18:51 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareearth View Post
    Wonder what there is for fertilizer plant assets?
    WHOA! wasn't that FNA's next project? Am I out to lunch? Didn't they have a push to raise seed capital?
    Probably all went into a think tank that couldn't hold water....a FLEECABILITY study. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 19:14 11 Try Googling various combinations of Jame Mann, Jason Mann, Agracity, Barbados, Court of Queens Bench. If there's money missing I'd look at the line item for "Legal and Accounting". Looks to me like the lawyers have been busy. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2019 | 19:16 12 I liked them when I used them. At the time, I saved good money on chems, lubes, and net wrap. The main thing I didn't like was that I couldn't shop and price compare without a phone call. The concept was good, but the execution of the concept wasn't. I still think there's a definite need in the farming community for group buying. We're getting f##### going solo on everything. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 21:57 13
    Quote Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
    Try Googling various combinations of Jame Mann, Jason Mann, Agracity, Barbados, Court of Queens Bench. If there's money missing I'd look at the line item for "Legal and Accounting". Looks to me like the lawyers have been busy.
    Lol. I was wondering the same. Sleeping in a grain auger come to mind. Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Aug 12, 2019 | 22:18 14 Companies use memberships to try to commit customers to doing business with them
    You paid the membership so feel you need to use it.
    Costco makes me laugh, people really think they're somebody if they have a membership there.
    Selection kinda sucks and packaging is way over done with today's environmentally conscience shopper.
    And I really don't think they have the best deals in town, but I will give them this....they generally handle quality products.
    Ya I have a "membership". Imagine the outrage if Wal-Mart required a membership to shop there.

    FNA didn't handle most of the stuff I liked to use. And getting the stuff wasn't convenient.

    What has Federated Co-op become? A dictating bloated bureaucracy with high prices that gives you back a bit of your own money from overcharging in the first place. They should be able to crush local competition but collusion is the word that best describes the retail fuel Industry.

    What happened to the Prairie Pools and UGG?

    Do Co-operatives and buying groups lose sight of the very people they were created to serve? Reply With Quote

  • iceman's Avatar Aug 13, 2019 | 01:43 15 This will more then likely to be a continuing theme over the next few years.

    Us farmers need to be very careful in this environment on how much risk we put out there. I would caution against large grain sales as a percentage of total production to companies and any amount of prepaid inputs with independents. Many of them and selling off assets or bring in partners. IMO don’t listen to the spin in the press releases, these are all signs of credit shrinking.

    Iceman Reply With Quote

  • Aug 13, 2019 | 06:02 16
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This will more then likely to be a continuing theme over the next few years.

    Us farmers need to be very careful in this environment on how much risk we put out there. I would caution against large grain sales as a percentage of total production to companies and any amount of prepaid inputs with independents. Many of them and selling off assets or bring in partners. IMO don’t listen to the spin in the press releases, these are all signs of credit shrinking.

    Iceman
    Unfortunately I think you are very correct. Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2019 | 09:26 17
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Companies use memberships to try to commit customers to doing business with them
    You paid the membership so feel you need to use it.
    Costco makes me laugh, people really think they're somebody if they have a membership there.
    Selection kinda sucks and packaging is way over done with today's environmentally conscience shopper.
    And I really don't think they have the best deals in town, but I will give them this....they generally handle quality products.
    Ya I have a "membership". Imagine the outrage if Wal-Mart required a membership to shop there.

    FNA didn't handle most of the stuff I liked to use. And getting the stuff wasn't convenient.

    What has Federated Co-op become? A dictating bloated bureaucracy with high prices that gives you back a bit of your own money from overcharging in the first place. They should be able to crush local competition but collusion is the word that best describes the retail fuel Industry.

    What happened to the Prairie Pools and UGG?

    Do Co-operatives and buying groups lose sight of the very people they were created to serve?
    As soon as there are a board of directors and a ceo it’s all about a pay out. It’s about time to start a few coops. Fuel has way too much taxes on it Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Aug 13, 2019 | 09:30 18
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This will more then likely to be a continuing theme over the next few years.

    Us farmers need to be very careful in this environment on how much risk we put out there. I would caution against large grain sales as a percentage of total production to companies and any amount of prepaid inputs with independents. Many of them and selling off assets or bring in partners. IMO don’t listen to the spin in the press releases, these are all signs of credit shrinking.

    Iceman
    Got a text this a.m. about a GrainCo/InputCo asking if you want to transfer the account balance to FCC and extend the terms of payment to March 2020. Is that an "interest" free option....lol? Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2019 | 09:39 19 So, I guess this means I won't be getting my promised compensation for the extremely late delivery of chemical from them this spring?

    Speaking of risk, sold a few cattle at local auction this summer, cheque took uncomfortably long to arrive in the mail. Possibly just delays in the office or staff on holidays, but makes one consider how much risk it is to send all the calves to a single sale... Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Aug 13, 2019 | 09:45 20
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    So, I guess this means I won't be getting my promised compensation for the extremely late delivery of chemical from them this spring?

    Speaking of risk, sold a few cattle at local auction this summer, cheque took uncomfortably long to arrive in the mail. Possibly just delays in the office or staff on holidays, but makes one consider how much risk it is to send all the calves to a single sale...
    .......theft and fraud!

    From what I remember auction marts provide an intermediary service between you and the real buyer. I guess there are cases were the auction mart can be the owner but.....

    Too easy to walk away from financial commitments and obligations these days. Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2019 | 09:46 21
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Got a text this a.m. about a GrainCo/InputCo asking if you want to transfer the account balance to FCC and extend the terms of payment to March 2020. Is that an "interest" free option....lol?
    How much of shitkicking is FCC going to take on the ILTA file???? Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2019 | 09:53 22
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

    Speaking of risk, sold a few cattle at local auction this summer, cheque took uncomfortably long to arrive in the mail. Possibly just delays in the office or staff on holidays, but makes one consider how much risk it is to send all the calves to a single sale...
    A lot of people got burned with that in the old country - usually a dealer (order buyer here) going belly up causes it. I always pick my cheque up on sale day and pay it into the bank immediately, not that this guarantees anything as I've had cheques bounce a week after it was paid into my account at the bank. Makes me feel I've done as much as I can though lol. Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2019 | 11:58 23
    Quote Originally Posted by TASFarms View Post
    As soon as there are a board of directors and a ceo it’s all about a pay out. It’s about time to start a few coops. Fuel has way too much taxes on it
    Speaking of coop I see Calgary coop told federated to take their groceries and shove en up their ass. Gonna deal with their own suppliers. Something about paying too much. Don’t think our dividend cheque will be too good this year. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Aug 13, 2019 | 17:54 24 Yes I get the impression federated
    Is kinda bloated.
    Mostly in the grocery end .
    With what we pay locally. There is no way in hell that every box of cereal is 2 $ more.
    I think federated sticks it to the small town Coops .
    To subsidize the city ones . Where
    There is real competition.

    Other times . Paint roller set
    3$ more at Canadian tire.
    Or a baseboard 12$ local coop
    15.50 home depot.
    Cam locks at coop 10$ more a piece ;than same brand at JD. Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2019 | 22:09 25
    Quote Originally Posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Speaking of coop I see Calgary coop told federated to take their groceries and shove en up their ass. Gonna deal with their own suppliers. Something about paying too much. Don’t think our dividend cheque will be too good this year.
    F$&k its about time someone did that
    Coops created a monster Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2019 | 22:23 26
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    How much of shitkicking is FCC going to take on the ILTA file????
    I thought FCC and HSBC would be the first to be paid? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 13, 2019 | 22:49 27 https://www.producer.com/2016/03/court-rejects-appeal-on-glyophosate-sale-tax-issue/

    Nothing like an offshore tax shelter. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Aug 14, 2019 | 15:23 28
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    https://www.producer.com/2016/03/court-rejects-appeal-on-glyophosate-sale-tax-issue/

    Nothing like an offshore tax shelter.
    This is crazy stuff and why I argued at Pulse Canada to open up the OUI program.

    FNA sold memberships to farmers to supply lowest cost products/glyphosate for it's members. But instead they tied up the total supply and gouged the shit out of their "members". So much they had to set up off shore accounts to avoid the windfall of cash. They sold themselves as a broker and acted as a principle. This is 12 years ago and people support these crooks still??? What would they have done if they actually built a fert plant instead of just sold investment to plan to build it. I think planning to build it was their only revenue plan. How can anyone say they have changed input pricing when the reality is they lead a bunch of sheeps to slaughter. Again, crazy stuff. Reply With Quote

  • farmaholic's Avatar Aug 14, 2019 | 18:37 29 Would have glyphosate dropped as soon if it wasn't for FNA's efforts?
    It probably would have "sooner or later"....but when.

    Maybe we need less domestic collusion and more International, read USA, competition.
    Funny how products that do almost the same thing are priced the same.
    Some stuff is just too much money m
    What is Avadex and Edge worth in the US? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 14, 2019 | 21:16 30
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Would have glyphosate dropped as soon if it wasn't for FNA's efforts?
    Eff'n Eh were late to that party. Ken Goudy's Focus on Inputs and independent dealers selling Cheminova Glyfos is what drove the glyphosate price down. Eff'n Eh came close to forcing PMRA to cancel the OUI program because of the way they scammed the process. As it turns out they were pocketing millions in offshore accounts at the same time. I expect there's a lot more we don't know about. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like