• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect storm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect storm

Haven't seen the sun in days.
    Not in forecast either.
    Who else thinking big potential caca storm coming??
    Markets, prices, costs, and now this crop that may yet have decent bushels but will be very expensive to bin and have feed value.
    Our hottest day was 25. And for one day!!!
    2005 was great with $2.00 wheat.
    I'm thinking $4.00 this year??

Fourth challenging year in a row could have me looking for the pin..
    Last edited by blackpowder; Aug 11, 2019, 08:18.

If you're looking to maintain your sanity, accuweather.com is not the place to go looking at long range forecasts right now...

I'm trying to push peas through the combine right now, and I had the heater on... its August 10th!

Today i wake up to rain. With the short range forecast, that'll put us out of commission for the week.

2 windows the 20th-25th of August, and 2nd-9th of Sept, and accuweather says that'll basically be all the harvest weather well get...

Comment

I think it’s going to a tough fall if things don’t change and getting good dry grain will be a challenge.
      3 degrees in the yard this morning so I went for a drive past some of my land along the river.

Comment

Season much the same as 2004
        First known frost was last Tues am already NE of here .
        Spiritwood and North Alberta now already as well .
        No killing frosts yet but the set up is similar.
        There will be some canola being swathed within 10 days here , and also some that needs 40 days .
        Will be interesting.

Comment

I miss the days I started farming. I had nerves of steel, or maybe naïveté? My nerves are now jello. 😆

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            I miss the days I started farming. I had nerves of steel, or maybe naïveté? My nerves are now jello. 😆
            There's a pill for that, but I suggest putting up with the jiggling, learn to live a day at a time or change careers.

Comment

Frost is a thief in the night but to be honest, we’ve had many light frosts that caused no damage so here’s hoping🙏🏼 How that Grassie we’ve and here’s?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Season much the same as 2004
                First known frost was last Tues am already NE of here .
                Spiritwood and North Alberta now already as well .
                No killing frosts yet but the set up is similar.
                There will be some canola being swathed within 10 days here , and also some that needs 40 days .
                Will be interesting.
                2004 was a wreck in the north. Frozen canola, corn was a write off, light wheat. Sure did solve the feed problems though

Comment

2004 was the worst perfect storm for me.Froze out grain .And cattle usually would be up but full negative effect of BSE kicking in .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.