• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain event

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain event

Holy crap did it rain here last night and overnight. 1.3 inches. And looks like there could be a bit more on the way. Peas will be going down, started combining them at 3ish yesterday afternoon. They will probably be hard to straight cut now...mud!. We've been spoiled with easy harvesting peas for a while.

The rain will probably plump up wheat and help the canola, mustard and flax a bit too.

Putting a bit of moisture in the soil bank for next year.

My parents in town, 4 miles away, told me 2.5 inches, I might have to go in and check myself!

Comment

Got more rain here (most as snow) at harvest last year than during growing season. That is a gift that will keep on giving. Be thankful for dry weather.

Comment

It's your turn farma.

Getting worry some here.

Comment

Zero here
          Need rain to finish beans
          Still at just 5 in for the year

Comment

Zero here either. Overcast though so hopefully it comes. Soon be needing to drill holes for step in fence posts it's getting so hard.

Comment

What’s wrong with a good rain after harvest? Lentils are in the bin and 1.4 inches at one farm, 1.65 at the other.

Comment

Luckily no rain here and any rain now would only cause grief. Sounds like a cold night ahead so fingers crossed it stays above freezing!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
                  What’s wrong with a good rain after harvest? Lentils are in the bin and 1.4 inches at one farm, 1.65 at the other.
                  Your lentils are done, may I ask what they yielded having them done this early?
                  Where are you at?

Comment

1 up to 21/2 inches around here. Only one guy with lentils in the bin. We needed rain 2 weeks ago but beggars can’t be chosers.

Comment

4/10 it will keep things ok

Comment

Was supposed to rain here all weekend lol
                        Blue clear sky’s , cool , risk of frost ..... again tonight

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                          Your lentils are done, may I ask what they yielded having them done this early?
                          Where are you at?
                          Bigzee,
                          I was done my eston type lentils four days sooner last year. Lots are ready here, after I got mine done Friday we moved to the neighbours until it rained his are ready as well. My yield is a bit less than last year overall but varied field to field depending on soil type, lighter soil yielded more here this year as the heavy stuffered from wet feet late June. Do you have cows? Seeding dates are optional but are influenced by corrals, at least they were in my three decades with bovines. Think I’m half hour north of you.

Comment

Rains going through the rain trough west of here again today .

Comment

Rain for us all day tomorrow

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.