for beef guys

Commodity Marketing

Tools

for beef guys

Aug 10, 2019 | 06:52 31 CO2 is the staff of life - the more the merrier. CO2 generators in greenhouses prove it. Reply With Quote
Aug 10, 2019 | 07:47 32
Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
CO2 is the staff of life - the more the merrier. CO2 generators in greenhouses prove it.
Methane from Cattle... from their digestion is the greenhouse gas... humans... wildlife ... get rid of all warm blooded animals? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • farmaholic's Avatar Aug 10, 2019 | 07:52 33
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Methane from Cattle... from their digestion is the greenhouse gas... humans... wildlife ... get rid of all warm blooded animals?
    Vast herds of bison and other ungulates never burped or farted? Must be a recent evolutionary phenomenon!

    😉 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 10, 2019 | 08:00 34
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Vast herds of bison and other ungulates never burped or farted? Must be a recent evolutionary phenomenon!

    😉
    There were 30 million bison 150 years ago and they slaughtered them down to very few....

    Maybe they are going to do the same cull on cattle.... Reply With Quote
    Aug 11, 2019 | 08:12 35 From the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef:

    You may have heard over the past few days about a report suggesting that reducing or eliminating beef is the best way to reduce our impact on climate change. Considering that #cdnbeef contributes only 0.04% to global #GHG, only 2.4% of Canada’s total emissions AND packs a nutritional punch ⬆️ in protein w/ 14 essential nutrients, you can feel very comfortable in making #beef part of your balanced diet. Also considering that over 50% of the food that is produced is wasted, reducing your contribution to food waste could be the single BEST thing we can ALL do.

    DYK that much of the land that cattle graze in #Canada is marginal and not suitable for other agricultural production? Grazing this land With cattle enhances the soil by cycling nutrients and stores over 1.5 BILLION tonnes of carbon each year, preventing it from entering the atmosphere. Canada is a global leader in #sustainablebeef production and is committed to continually improving our footprint. The CRSB works together towards advancing #sustainability in #cdnbeef.
    CBC News Global TV CTV News Ducks Unlimited Canada MULTISAR Nature Conservancy of Canada / Conservation de la nature Canada Canadian Cattlemen's Association Jill Harvie
    Learn more: www.crsb.ca/sustainability-benchmarking
    #knowthefacts #beefbelongs #becauseofbeef #cdnbeef #sustainability #progress Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 11, 2019 | 16:15 36 Beef producers here are possibly thinking another line of attack for beyond beef etc a possible ad campaign to encourage people not to eat fast food as much.

    Could be counter productive though as the proper burgers have real beef.

    The plant based burgers are not really here yet to same degree as northern hemisphere.

    Just wondering are they same prices as a standard beef burger?

    Alot of beef guys are worried about next gen meaning 10 15 yrs down the track how much beef will be consumed , will it pushed at schools etc not to eat beef etc. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 08:14 37 Hopefully, within those 10-15 years, if will become apparent the lasting effects of a meatless diet on human physiology. I think there is enough of a control group now. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 11:29 38 I guess the best thing we could all do is abandon Canada, return to the country of our ancestors, and the planet will be saved from that CO2 rounding error that we emit as Canadians. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 11:34 39
    Quote Originally Posted by checking View Post
    I guess the best thing we could all do is abandon Canada, return to the country of our ancestors, and the planet will be saved from that CO2 rounding error that we emit as Canadians.
    I don't know how a country of 35 million people can actually believe they will make a difference to global anything when most of the country is still in its natural state.....

    Why give Canadians a brain....might as well either brainwash everyone or lobotomize many....

    This is getting stupid already...the UN isn't even up to date on western Canadian agricultural practices....and neither are most Canadians. ... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2019 | 12:03 40
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    I don't know how a country of 35 million people can actually believe they will make a difference to global anything when most of the country is still in its natural state.....
    They sure made a difference it two world wars. Good job for the world that they didn't sit on their hands then and say they couldn't do anything (and with an even smaller population back then) Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 12:16 41
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    They sure made a difference it two world wars. Good job for the world that they didn't sit on their hands then and say they couldn't do anything (and with an even smaller population back then)
    Yes true...good point grass farmer....but I think you realize I am talking about the environment and I don't think Canada is a major polluter compared to other countries...

    And if the alarmists would take us off a per capita basis for pollution ...many would realize this...

    Or if canada had 150 million people ...what would the results be.... Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 12:37 42 A nation of 35 odd million ppl. Second coldest nation in the world. We use lots of heating fuel.

    Huge nation, enormous transportation needs. We use lots of shipping fuels.

    Poland and Ukraine are western comparables. They are warmer, have less raw mining, and far warmer winters. Importantly, Ukraine is smaller in size than Saskatchewan. Poland is under half. Lot less travel needed.

    Of course they emit less. Poland about half as much, and Ukraine about a third as much. also know they capture far less than Canada does with our vast forests. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2019 | 12:43 43 Indeed, math skills and logic not required. /sarc

    Canada is down for 1.12% of the world's increase in CO2 emissions from 1990-2017.

    If Canada had maintain levels at 1990 values, the world increase in emissions would have been 14,241.814 mega tonnes instead of 14,403.288 mega tonnes during that 27 year stretch Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 12:44 44 Just curious how canadian cattlemen on this site can raise cattle in the most efficient and sustainable way and still think the UN should have the authority to shut your business down?????? Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 14:40 45
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Just curious how canadian cattlemen on this site can raise cattle in the most efficient and sustainable way and still think the UN should have the authority to shut your business down??????
    'Sustainable' (whatever the **** that means) cows still fart and burp. Nothing is going to change that fact. So if producers are going to buy into global warming, they are ****ing themselves in the long term. Doesn't matter if beef or grain, the liberal elites are out to shape how and where you do business. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 14:51 46
    Quote Originally Posted by 15444 View Post
    'Sustainable' (whatever the **** that means) cows still fart and burp. Nothing is going to change that fact. So if producers are going to buy into global warming, they are ****ing themselves in the long term. Doesn't matter if beef or grain, the liberal elites are out to shape how and where you do business.
    I think sustainable means using land that can't be used for other purposes....so every acre is usable ...the UN has no reason to impact my business....these guys have been saying for decades something about feeding the world.....it appears they still have some work to do on that file.... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2019 | 15:31 47
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    I think sustainable means using land that can't be used for other purposes....so every acre is usable ...the UN has no reason to impact my business....these guys have been saying for decades something about feeding the world.....it appears they still have some work to do on that file....
    UN and Trudeau would be much happier if it wasn't being used at all and just become one big national park.

    UN sees more suckers willing to spend big on climate change than world hunger. I could give shit less about starving 3rd world kids while their useless parents are in the bedroom trying to create another. Sterilizing some of these pricks would do a lot more good towards ending hunger. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 15:53 48 Expanding cities on some of the best farmland should be looked at. But then again the swamp people would want a frog to be saved. Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 16:20 49
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Yes true...good point grass farmer....but I think you realize I am talking about the environment and I don't think Canada is a major polluter compared to other countries...

    And if the alarmists would take us off a per capita basis for pollution ...many would realize this...

    Or if canada had 150 million people ...what would the results be....

    World wars then, climate change now - both the biggest challenges facing mankind in their respective eras so the comparison is valid.

    With 0.5% of the world's population and producing 1.66% of the world's emissions we are one of the nations with the highest per capita emissions - you can't deny that. When we are talking about the problems caused by man made GHG emissions and how to address that problem of course we talk about per capita emissions - it makes no sense to talk about geographical size of the country.
    If you're in favour of moving to a per acre basis to quantify emissions are you also in favour of splitting the total federal taxation burden by the acre or do you prefer it to be per person? Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 16:56 50
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    World wars then, climate change now - both the biggest challenges facing mankind in their respective eras so the comparison is valid.

    With 0.5% of the world's population and producing 1.66% of the world's emissions we are one of the nations with the highest per capita emissions - you can't deny that. When we are talking about the problems caused by man made GHG emissions and how to address that problem of course we talk about per capita emissions - it makes no sense to talk about geographical size of the country.
    If you're in favour of moving to a per acre basis to quantify emissions are you also in favour of splitting the total federal taxation burden by the acre or do you prefer it to be per person?

    Maybe you would prefer to go on a per animal in herd for methane emissions. ?

    Holy cow ...you want the UN determining your business? Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 16:57 51
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    World wars then, climate change now - both the biggest challenges facing mankind in their respective eras so the comparison is valid.

    With 0.5% of the world's population and producing 1.66% of the world's emissions we are one of the nations with the highest per capita emissions - you can't deny that. When we are talking about the problems caused by man made GHG emissions and how to address that problem of course we talk about per capita emissions - it makes no sense to talk about geographical size of the country.
    If you're in favour of moving to a per acre basis to quantify emissions are you also in favour of splitting the total federal taxation burden by the acre or do you prefer it to be per person?
    If prefer if Quebec would pull their weight and quit leaching of the rest of Canada with a false economy run by the mafia and the Hells Angels

    And for not only us crop producers but all cattlemen not to get all this false negative environment b/S slung on all of us just trying to raise families as responsible as possible of the land growing some of the healthiest food on the planet.
    That would be great 👍
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 12, 2019 at 17:20.
    Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2019 | 18:09 52
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    They sure made a difference it two world wars. Good job for the world that they didn't sit on their hands then and say they couldn't do anything (and with an even smaller population back then)
    I have to call foul on that one grassy.

    For sure WW1 the Canadians were more or less cannon fodder (Shock Troops?) commanded by much smarter British Generals and signed up under extreme propaganda. They did preform much abouve expectations for a bunch of Knuckle dragging red necks.

    I expect the Scotchmen were more savy?

    WW2 started the same but at least they ditched the Limey Generals later in the war.

    The results weren't trivial and could be measured an multiples of the old guard at times.

    Again lots of propaganda (BS?) involved.

    How did the Scots react to the British propaganda machine? They had a lot more at stake. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2019 | 18:11 53
    Quote Originally Posted by shtferbrains View Post
    I have to call foul on that one grassy.

    For sure WW1 the Canadians were more or less cannon fodder (Shock Troops?) commanded by much smarter British Generals and signed up under extreme propaganda. They did preform much abouve expectations for a bunch of Knuckle dragging red necks.

    I expect the Scotchmen were more savy?

    WW2 started the same but at least they ditched the Limey Generals later in the war.

    The results weren't trivial and could be measured an multiples of the old guard at times.

    Again lots of propaganda (BS?) involved.

    How did the Scots react to the British propaganda machine? They had a lot more at stake.
    I use the "much smarter" as a reflection of where we are today. Reply With Quote