• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low tonight...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low tonight...

Plus 5 .... air is cold 🥶
    Won’t freeze but more single digit lows this summer than any other time that I can remember.
    Tough on GDD
    Hopefully we make it to September

12 here
    Low of 9
    Were in tge bananna belt !

Comment

Might be close in peace country Sat / Sunday 😬. Hopefully all good for a month yet , but that may be wishful thinking this year .

Comment

It is only 5 degrees here at 6:30 a.m. August 7, 2019

Comment

Plus 3 in saskatoon

Comment

We were 5 at 5:25 Am sun comes up at 5:29 AM

Temp is now plus 7 and climbing.

I checked crops last night and we need rain real bad. 1/4 inch in two weeks is not going to cut it when pods are filling and wheat and barley are turning. Peas have aphids on top green straggler pea so not worried about spraying they are going to get desiccated soon.

I think I need till the 10th of Sept for Canola to make something without frost. It will not be 60 it will not be 50 it will not be 40 it will be below this number. Shit show for 2019.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WtWzxknzRMqOiPhIIdQd+g.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	767552

Comment

Are you saying the heat and lack of good rain combine with no subsoil moisture as a backup reduced yields?

We are at normal rainfall for the year...one rain came in 3.5 inches on June 21 in a short amount of time....very little soaked in except for the sloughs and low spots that drowned out and have sucked it all in over time....the other came in a one hour inch that basically did the same thing after the first run packed the ground hard...

Out of all that rain an educated guess says maybe an inch soaked in.....

Comment

And now the cooler nights ...going from plus 35 to single digits ...in a short time period...the plants have to love that...

We need smoke to help the crop along.... provide a greenhouse effect of keeping the warmth in...

Isn't that what has been said before ....see with those hot days and no smoke there was no insulating effect from the sun...

Isn't that the way the story should go....

Comment

3.8 here , plus 2 just north earlier this morning.
                  I guess 4 days of NW winds does that.

Comment

Lite frost NE of here earlier this morning

Comment

16 degrees at lunch with a stiff NW wind. If we keep flirting with Miss Frost she will cost us big time.

I must be nice over by Chucky's were it is always warm.

Comment

Global warming my ASS.

Plus 3 to 5 tonight yikes that sucks

Maybe I’ll find a gold run and piss on farming

Comment

Aug 20th, 2004 -- Froze most of the crop to bran or pepper, even early wheat was feed due to frost damaged kernels. Peas may have been cut and in the bin, as well early planted barley. Minus 4 to minus 6, for over 6 hours. Sad memories as everyone had such great looking stands. First time we straight cut canola,,,just to get rid of the straw. No point swathing, no concern about pod shatter, as very little went in to the combine hopper. It was all garbage anyway.

Would hate to go through that again, but it's been awhile since we've had a killing frost during harvest,,,let alone a frost on our area average date, which would be(used to be) Sept 5-7th.

Climate is changing, and it has everything to due with solar output, not man made activities.

Comment

We are so far behind on heat units it is getting scary, crops just not progressing. And now look at this temperature forecast:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	767555

Try putting up hay with that forecast. And yes, there is rain every day of that also.

Haven't had a wind all summer, except a few minutes before the daily thunderstorm, which doesn't help the hay drying situation much.

Disregard the lows, weather network is hopeless at forecasting lows for this area.

Comment

Global warming??? If only it would. This might be the only time in my life that I am think of starting the furnace to warm up the house in August.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...