• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Tax is 20% of the Natural Gas Bill

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Tax is 20% of the Natural Gas Bill

In Saskatchewan.....gas cost is about $0.10 per cubic metre and delivery cost is about $0.10 per cubic meter. Carbon tax is $0.04 per cubic meter....can someone explain how this is not regressive and where and what is the money being used for? The rebate talk is a joke on my farm given how much I use.

Have fun drying grain with N.G. or propane.

Another present from Trudeau. 🖕🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Have fun drying grain with N.G. or propane.

Another present from Trudeau. 🖕🏻
      Especially going into fall with a lot of later crops and a lot of second growth , add in shitty grain prices and guess what very diminished returns again .......

Comment

Burn wheat, its worthless anyways....

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
          In Saskatchewan.....gas cost is about $0.10 per cubic metre and delivery cost is about $0.10 per cubic meter. Carbon tax is $0.04 per cubic meter....can someone explain how this is not regressive and where and what is the money being used for? The rebate talk is a joke on my farm given how much I use.
          No no cant be right
          Fat ralph said farmers dont pay carbon tax??

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            No no cant be right
            Fat ralph said farmers dont pay carbon tax??
            If his lips were moving . . . . .

Comment

Are you sure about those numbers? Not trying to argue just that neighbor a ways away says his works out to 4%? Provincial is what?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                Are you sure about those numbers? Not trying to argue just that neighbor a ways away says his works out to 4%? Provincial is what?
                I think if you take out the basic monthly charge of $23 it works out to 20%.

Comment

I thought carbon tax on natural gas didn’t kick in till summer of 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by stubblejumper View Post
                    I thought carbon tax on natural gas didn’t kick in till summer of 2020.
                    In Saskatchewan I believe it was March/April 2019.

Propane and Natural Gas increases will be a kick in the teeth for grain drying.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
                      How is everyone liking this?

Comment

Didn’t Mulroney bring in the GST? Says he has no regrets and also thinks any leader has to pander to leftist ideas. Good-bye Mulroney.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...