• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.25 FOB Bin Barley Bids

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3.25 FOB Bin Barley Bids

Hearing talk of $3.25 at the bin for immediate barley movement Calgary region. Also hearing $3.15 Edmonton region bids.

Anyone else hearing these number?

Is that a picked up bin price? Interesting to note that $3.25/bu plus the storage payment is the current CWB PRO for special select 2 row barley. Implication is I would be probing bins to make sure your germination is holding. I would also be pushing the maltster/grain company who holds the contract for a firm delivery commitment (not July).

Comment

I hoped to get confirmation tomorrow. But it is FOB Hussar. That would put it $162.00 delivered Lethbridge.

Comment

Just to highlight, here is the Alberta Grain Commission feed prices (beginning week).

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/agc5474

Comment

What strategy would a person take who had his barley selected with Company A who is not sure they will accept the malt and is offering $3.00 for feed barley, but then gets an offer from Company B for $3.20?

Comment

Tell company A they have to decide now if they want it and just take the barley.

I have not been able to confirm the $3.25 but it is not out of the relm of possiblity right now

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...