• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1970's Keg Menu

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970's Keg Menu

If only grains would have inflated at the same rate as restaurant prices.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190721-080404_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	778475

That must be early 70s.
    But ya, my uncle's welding truck road rate was $25/hr in 81. Truck and man.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      If only grains would have inflated at the same rate as restaurant prices.
      [ATTACH]4562[/ATTACH]
      Now move the decimal one to the right and add a zero that’s what you pay today.
      What was the price of a Caesar back then??

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        Now move the decimal one to the right and add a zero that’s what you pay today.
        What was the price of a Caesar back then??
        I would be surprised if coffee is only $2 at the keg today. Monetary expansion has gotten extremely aggressive in the past 10 years, but we are told to be very afraid of the deflationary boogeyman.
        Last edited by biglentil; Jul 21, 2019, 08:37.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          I would be happily surprised if coffee is only $2 at the keg today. Monetary expansion has gotten extremely aggressive in the past 10 years, but we are told to be very afraid of the deflationary boogeyman.

I personally hate eating out!! Servers use to bring water to everyone that walked in, now its only about the ridiculous expensive alcohol they want to serve. Even the fast food joints have gotten out of hand. A&W is almost like going to the Keg relatively speaking.
          Nothing like cooking at home.

Comment

Compare to cook at home now vs then. A pound of hamburger now vs back then. And look at the price of live beef now and then. Same as grains also.

Comment

Don’t forget the taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                I personally hate eating out!! Servers use to bring water to everyone that walked in, now its only about the ridiculous expensive alcohol they want to serve. Even the fast food joints have gotten out of hand. A&W is almost like going to the Keg relatively speaking.
                Nothing like cooking at home.
                AND I HATE TIPPING BUT GRUDGINGLY DO.....GENEROUSLY. and sometimes I don't think they deserve or earned it.

You can buy alot of groceries for what it costs a family of 4-6 to eat out. Nothing wrong with doing it....just saying.
                And then there's the health angle. Some "restaurants" only serve meals of highly processed food from boxes and out of the deep fryer. All meant to "taste good". Really high in sodium and fat.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 21, 2019, 09:13.

Comment

Yes all farmers got left in the grain dust ..
                  We all hoped prices would have increased like other business.
                  Fun to eat out as after many yrs the wife and hubby get tired of cooking the same food..
                  The server people only get min.wage and tips are a very important part of there income.
                  Some work hard but others not so much..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    Yes all farmers got left in the grain dust ..
                    We all hoped prices would have increased like other business.
                    Fun to eat out as after many yrs the wife and hubby get tired of cooking the same food..
                    The server people only get min.wage and tips are a very important part of there income.
                    Some work hard but others not so much..
                    Servers get experience of dealing with farmers ....you can't buy that experience or education....priceless...
                    Last edited by bucket; Jul 21, 2019, 14:27.

Comment

I like their prices and find it very rewarding selling them lamb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        I like their prices and find it very rewarding selling them lamb.
                        Your opinion would likely change if you were selling your lamb for the same price as it was in the 70’s. Oh right just the dumb grain farmers do that....

Comment

Saskatoon 1970 McDonald’s
                          We were selling a book of tickets for $1.50 for minor league hockey. Face value of tickets was $4.50, so 3-1 value. This was the first year for McDonald’s on 8th street.
                          Big Mac .55
                          Filet Fish .35
                          Hamburger .20
                          Last edited by Sodbuster; Jul 21, 2019, 10:10.

Comment

Two people won't get out of Subway for less than $30 for two pricier subs and two bottled drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Two people won't get out of Subway for less than $30 for two pricier subs and two bottled drinks.
                              And Errol wonders why the economy is shrinking...no one can afford to go to the city and have a meal....you basically have to start packing a lunch...of eat at Costco if you starve yourself a little...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...