• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have I mentioned all the other industries.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have I mentioned all the other industries.....

......that get subsidies....I haven't mentioned the amount of public money that went into the giant toilet seat that the riders now play in....

You would think all that money and the seats would be right full every game....looks pretty empty most games this season....

And yet there are plenty of tractor seats that get filled every year that don't get that kind of government help....

Just saying...not angry about it...but it shouldn't go unnoticed....when you talk money for farmers....or lack thereof....

Biggest huge waste of money sask party ever did was that stadium. Explain what was wrong with the old one??

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
      Biggest huge waste of money sask party ever did was that stadium. Explain what was wrong with the old one??
      Nothing because people went and bought their old seats from Taylor field to sit in at home....

There is a perfect example of the debt that should be on the riders books not any government....

****ing riders couldn't afford turf for the old stadium. .....a few short years ago....

Comment

There are quite a few on this site need to go to their physician and get some happy pills.

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
          There are quite a few on this site need to go to their physician and get some happy pills.
          Yup ......

It's all sunshine and lollipops....

Especially for those that get the big money handouts....and do SFA for the economy....

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
            I went to day but the fkrs are sold out.but it wouldn’t work anyway because I’d get charged pst tax that’s paying for the gth. Stadium, bypass, personal friends irrigation, higher utilities, higher crop premium lower coverage, no coverage with agristability I d have to then take another pill just to deal with this stuff.
            Last edited by the big wheel; Jul 20, 2019, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              I went to day but the fkrs are sold out.but it wouldn’t work anyway because I’d get charged pst tax that’s paying for the gth. Stadium, bypass, personal friends irrigation, higher utilities, higher crop premium lower coverage, no coverage with agristability I d have to then take another pill just to deal with this stuff.
              To the stadium? Just kidding.

Alot of seats are empty but paid for, unless you pay for them yourself, some people don't care if they don't go if the tickets are free. And some people spend more time in the concourse than in their seats.

Why can't Sask have something? The Riders have a tremendous fan base.

There is more spin offs than meet the eye.

The Riders are all Sask has for a professional team. Even if there are empty seats sometimes, the Rider fans in a low population province do a better job of supporting their CFL team than some much larger centers do.

**** me.....I could still be using 850 Massey combines too!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                To the stadium? Just kidding.

Alot of seats are empty but paid for, unless you pay for them yourself, some people don't care if they don't go if the tickets are free. And some people spend more time in the concourse than in their seats.

Why can't Sask have something? The Riders have a tremendous fan base.

There is more spin offs than meet the eye.

The Riders are all Sask has for a professional team. Even if there are empty seats sometimes, the Rider fans in a low population province do a better job of supporting their CFL team than some much larger centers do.

**** me.....I could still be using 850 Massey combines too!
                Then why couldn't the riders spend their own 300 million....????

Interesting with the price of grain where it is...I should be using an 850 massey...
                Last edited by bucket; Jul 20, 2019, 21:48.

Comment

Those that wanted to pay for the stadium should pay for the stadium those that don’t shouldn’t have to. I don’t see any benefit out of it for me.
                  Am I supposed to feel like the province is rich? Because we re broke paying pst on everything.
                  If a farmer did that spent lavishly on equipment when they had a good running old piece they’d be criticized to death on this forum wouldn’t they?

Comment

It's because all of this capitalistic "social" society and businesses are on the government tit. Some of Ag is sucking the hind tit and having trouble finding it....and unless the old sow moves her leg and give us access to it.....there will continue to be alot of squealing!

We farrowed a couple of sows for years in the past......that was a good analogy.

Comment

farma, the stadium and the bypass were all politics. We now have a by pass that swings out 5 miles out of Regina that cost 2B dollars. They could have put it closer to the city which will never grow to more than maybe 250,000 people saved a billion and built a new hospital or two in the province.

Same as the stadium. Do you know there was another proposal for the same amount that included a $100M retrofit for Taylor, a $100M new indoor hockey rink and multipurpose center and another $100M to build a dozen new elementary and high schools in the city? Yeah that was rejected for a stadium that cant even fill its seats in July and sits empty with snow drifts on it the rest of the yr.

Comment

I appreciate the overpasses built east of Regina and have used the bypass to Highway33/Arcola numerous times already. That's as far as I can go until the rest is opened up.

Regarding Pilot Butte, Hiway 48 and Balgonie overpasses.....what are lives worth?
                        But I suspect it's nothing that couldn't have been solved with lower speeds and traffic lights.
                        How could connecting the #1 And 11 on the west side of Regina be a bad thing?

The projects are there now and will be for generations, so maybe the cost of them needs to be spread out that long as well.

Buying farmland at $3,000-3,800/ ac. doesn't make a lick of sense but people are still doing it too!

Edit in....a bigger crime is the Rider's have to pay a stoopid amount of money for Humpty Dumpty Collaros to sit on the sidelines. NEVER should have signed him. He was a "hand-me-down" quarterback.....used up. Said it from day one.
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 21, 2019, 07:52.

Comment

I’m going to chime in. **** the shit with the bypass I use it every day. Use to hate having to slow down and crawl past the Balgonie or white city or pilot butte car crashes looking at some body covered with a blanket knowing some one is dead again.

Enough of this bullshit. People died and lots of them because of stupid planing since day one.

The old NDP let’s keep it at a million and be a have not province attitude.

Yes the stadium was a stupid built open air idea. We live in Saskatchewan and needed a all season stadium.

Now let’s look at debt 100 billion Alberta.

Manitoba is what 40 billion

Our total debt including the kitchen sink is 20.

We were never bankrupt in Saskatchewan like Roy and Edd wanted many to believe.

It was a political joke and it worked.

Sort of like the bypass and stadium joke of today.

When NDP have nothing they make shit up.

If farmers think the NDP will look after them I have ocean front property in Arizona.

The unions want them back and you will get piss all.

Yes industry in canada is a welfare pig that lives off he gov tit.

But farmers and their high and mighty we want fair markets and no subsidy got us to this place.

The market isn’t fair because the big boys control it.

Our useless organizations do f$&k all to help farmers.

Same idiots run for different boards and do jack shit.

We let this happen now we have to deal with it.

Watch Trudeau will help Richardsons or Cargill before us.

We get a F$&king loan.

Sad really.

Comment

The Balgonie portion is just a small part of the bypass. Take a swing 5 miles south of town and take a look. You see a reason to built something that goes out that far? Someone did a test. Takes the same amount of time to crawl down Vic to the RR and out as it does to drive the new bypass that swings way out of town. Unbelievable poor planning and waste of money. Could have easily trimmed $500M off that project and had the same function.

Comment

I've been south down the #6 and west on the old #1 to the "spaghetti" overpass. Ya it's more intense there but....

For ****'s sake, the east side already has the City expansion pushing up against it. The south side will fill too, may take a generation or two but it will fill. The best thing will be improved traffic flow and hopefully safety.

One thing I don't like east of Regina is there is no access to the area south of the #1 highway from the west bound lane once you're on the #1 between the 48 and Pilot Butte overpasses. "Service road" access only...got to get on it to get access to that area. Two additional options to get into that area in the east bound lane of the #1.

I do understand why though. They don't want same plain traffic having to cross the east bound lane to access that area. That would have negated the purpose of safety provided by building the overpasses at Pilot Butte and Hiway 48.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.