• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have I mentioned all the other industries.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    The Balgonie portion is just a small part of the bypass. Take a swing 5 miles south of town and take a look. You see a reason to built something that goes out that far? Someone did a test. Takes the same amount of time to crawl down Vic to the RR and out as it does to drive the new bypass that swings way out of town. Unbelievable poor planning and waste of money. Could have easily trimmed $500M off that project and had the same function.
    That’s exactly right in fact many other options were even cheaper than that. Not to mention the friends of Wally and co that made millions on paper duping people on the land deals.

Yes an argument can be made for safety there but there aren’t near as many lives saved there as could have been spent on improving rural access to healthcare. Either no facilities, or facilities but no one to run it. And if you survive waiting to get called to the city good chance the highway will kill you if you have to rush in. And that has happened many times. Talk to ambulance drivers!!
    Stadium vs rural health care???? Which one?

It was all done as this grand show of how rich we were prior to the election the minute the election was over who got the bill and were still paying I can’t believe all that pst and we’re still broke?

Sask I agree with you what the liberals and ndp did and doing. But please show me something to suggest the conservatives and sask party are going to do to improve on our ag issues?

Comment

Regarding the bypasses.....

That was just poor city and Highway planning....I am sort of surprised with SF3 on this...he knows the interstate highways in the US do not allow development up to them...

If you want gas you are making an exit well off the highway...

Comment

I suppose we could spend the entire Sask budget on health care, isn't it taking the lion's share already?
        We've implemented STARS to help with emergency transportation.
        Health care has become a milked industry, at both ends of the spectrum(And probably everything in between).
        Maybe time for a bit of user pay for the ones who run to the doctor because they sneezed or have an itchy ass.
        I've taken a person to emergency one night(8:30 p.m.) to a rural hospital, quiet as a morgue. Nurses all at the nursing station chatting away. Dr. on call. I guess it's a good thing they weren't hoping busy!!!

Our whole Province has seen consolidation in just about everything, evolution, technical advances, etc changed the landscape. A huge shift from rural to urban. Towns and supporting businesses every 8 miles apart......horse and buggy days. People went to the "city" once a month, now people commute to work there and think nothing of it.

I think some remote areas outside commuting distance to cities(or larger rural centers)aren't done emptying out yet. Sad but true. And the fewer people in those areas the less need for supporting businesses and harder for any business to stay in business. And then there is the lack of social interaction, or things to do socially, in those sparsely populated remote areas.

The Saskatchewan outback......
        Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 21, 2019, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          For ****'s sake, the east side already has the City expansion pushing up against it. The south side will fill too, may take a generation or two but it will fill. The best thing will be improved traffic flow and hopefully safety.
          farma there is enough land between the city and the new bypass to fit a second regina in there. I don't see that ever happening in a province that struggles to maintain a million people. Way way over built.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	767507

Comment

I appreciate the overpasses built east of Regina and have used the bypass to Highway33/Arcola numerous times already. That's as far as I can go until the rest is opened up.

Regarding Pilot Butte, Hiway 48 and Balgonie overpasses.....what are lives worth?
            But I suspect it's nothing that couldn't have been solved with lower speeds and traffic lights.
            How could connecting the #1 And 11 on the west side of Regina be a bad thing? .
            Well they are now putting passing lanes in north of moose jaw because of the new potash plant at Bethune...

If you wanted to get to highway 11 you could drive 20 minutes west and head north and come out at Chamberlain...an a highway that should have been twinned when the thought of the Bethune mine was a go....

Better money would have been spent twinning Moose Jaw to chamberlain....

Comment

farma there is enough land between the city and the new bypass to fit a second regina in there. I don't see that ever happening in a province that struggles to maintain a million people. Way way over built.
              Ya that looks like alot.

Isn't Winterpeg's 100 and 101 on the SW and NW corners fairly far out too?

Comment

Interesting aerial view....So where will the new airport go when Regina gets to 500,000 people and needs a new airport...

Sure would like to see the plan and the hands raised for allowing city growth towards Evraz and around the airport....

Comment

What are they ever going to do with that huge pile of garbage on the NE corner of Regina. And to think garbage from my hometown gets trucked 50kms to get dumped there......"when the pendulum swings too far"!

Comment

[ATTACH]4563[/ATTACH]
                    First Nations may end up owning most of that land between Regina and the new bypass.....they may be the only people who will be able to "afford" it. Lol.

Comment

To the stadium? Just kidding.

Alot of seats are empty but paid for, unless you pay for them yourself, some people don't care if they don't go if the tickets are free. And some people spend more time in the concourse than in their seats.

Why can't Sask have something? The Riders have a tremendous fan base.

There is more spin offs than meet the eye.

The Riders are all Sask has for a professional team. Even if there are empty seats sometimes, the Rider fans in a low population province do a better job of supporting their CFL team than some much larger centers do.

**** me.....I could still be using 850 Massey combines too!
                      Holy shit , i shudder at that last thought !!!!!

Comment

What are they ever going to do with that huge pile of garbage on the NE corner of Regina. And to think garbage from my hometown gets trucked 50kms to get dumped there......"when the pendulum swings too far"!
                        The government imposes these new rules on dumps so every small town is having garbage delivered to a larger centre....its really stupid and some of these smaller places ...the larger garbage trucks are the heaviest vehicles on the street....wrecking the infrastructure and asking taxpayers to fix the streets...why don't those that make up stupid new rules look at the cause and effect...

We can burn garbage that returns from the Philippines....why are we not doing that with most of garbage instead of landfills????

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          Holy shit , i shudder at that last thought !!!!!
                          That's my point. When had progress become a dirty word. I had to borrow money to quit using those 850's too!!!! LOL

Comment

We have nothing in western canada that is close to the USA interstate.

Winnipeg build a outer road years ago the city touches it today.

It’s planning for the future.

Now let’s focus on Saskatchewan. We have useless organizations representing farmers.

Same recycled fools running and winning on different boards.

Comment

That's my point. When had progress become a dirty word. I had to borrow money to quit using those 850's too!!!! LOL
                              Speaking of progress farma

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 12.40.28 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	767508

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                                Speaking of progress farma

[ATTACH]4564[/ATTACH]
                                We've had one in 24 Sussex Drive for nearly 4 years now and the same in the White House..... at least the White House resident seems to have his Countries best interest at heart. He himself....well, an interesting character.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...