• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...there you have it...Ag ministers promise no immediate help

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass use your brain is a great comment.

Trudeau pisses away billions every day and most Canadians see not one cent of that helping them.

The Trudeau government screwed up canola and we farmers get a f@#king loan.

This loan now will have to be paid back with 3 dollar a bushel less canola.

Oh the same volume is leaving canada in crushed oil or seed as before yet price crashed.

It’s a game and farmers and there useless organizations that represents them fail them.

We’re F@$ked

Comment

Instead of paying into farmers Agriinvest accounts maybe they should just pay it direct to the Agribusinesses that are going to scoop it all anyway? That is what will happen if an ad-hoc payment is given. Fert price up, canola seed up, machinery costs up - canola price down further.

Subsidies don't work.

Comment

Yes your correct on the companies charging more but here is some news for you with the Canadian shit show going on right now in ag, prices will be higher for all products in 2020 but we’re living with 3 dollar less canola thanks to your boy Trudeau.

Subsidies work for bombardier or any Trudeau pet project.

We get a f$&king loan.

Comment

[QUOTE=grassfarmer;417578]Instead of paying into farmers Agriinvest accounts maybe they should just pay it direct to the Agribusinesses that are going to scoop it all anyway? That is what will happen if an ad-hoc payment is given. Fert price up, canola seed up, machinery costs up - canola price down further.

[B]Subsidies don't work. [/B

Your not getting the problem that s out there. We’re not talking about adding 50
          Pounds more of fertilizer or seeding 2 or 3 pounds more per acre canola. We re talking about paying the bills that exist. You think prices haven’t and aren’t rising anyways? Your missing the point this is about helping the actual farmers compete with the scammers etc. The rising price of inputs is another issue separate that no government wants to deal with or opposition party for that matter. The bullshit seed and input costs due to patents and price collusion need to be addressed. But until then haven’t we lost enough good farm families? Big payments to implement manufacturers and the pulse king wtf why don’t they get a big loan? Instead of assistance?

Comment

Agriculture, as a sector on the prairies could have ultimate power but due to complacency, we have handed our collective advantage to “advocates” nimrods who are polite little peons. We need a “Trump” and demonstration. I guess we want to be downtrodden forever. European farmers wouldn’t take it and American farmers don’t need to because America knows food is all-important and America has its priorities entrenched.

Comment

[QUOTE=the big wheel;417582]
              Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Instead of paying into farmers Agriinvest accounts maybe they should just pay it direct to the Agribusinesses that are going to scoop it all anyway? That is what will happen if an ad-hoc payment is given. Fert price up, canola seed up, machinery costs up - canola price down further.

[B]Subsidies don't work. [/B

Your not getting the problem that s out there. We’re not talking about adding 50
              Pounds more of fertilizer or seeding 2 or 3 pounds more per acre canola. We re talking about paying the bills that exist. You think prices haven’t and aren’t rising anyways? Your missing the point this is about helping the actual farmers compete with the scammers etc. The rising price of inputs is another issue separate that no government wants to deal with or opposition party for that matter. The bullshit seed and input costs due to patents and price collusion need to be addressed. But until then haven’t we lost enough good farm families? Big payments to implement manufacturers and the pulse king wtf why don’t they get a big loan? Instead of assistance?

Good points....

When I buy my next used piece if equipment .....it sure would be nice to have the government fix it up for me like the deal AGT got when they bought the subsidized Churchill rail line....

How many tonnes of pulses are set to go through there this year....no performance standards or checks on that ....public money...

A buck a bushel subsidy if he moves 300000 tonnes thru Churchill.... more if he moves less.....for ten years...

Can I repeat the 40 bucks an acre payment to irrigation districts. ..and the free publicly funded infrastructure ....go look at irrigation areas....they are not growing high value crops....canola wheat lentils peas under the pivots...free infrastructure and subsidized operating costs. ..meanwhile drought infected dryland farmers get SFA....

Do you guys see any fairness in farming and competing and paying for those subsidies?

And then have a price for our product based on a subsidized market?

Dairy gets a indexed pricing scheme and handouts and bailouts due to the trade deals signed by government. ....

Farmers here get SFA by trade policies out of our control....

Comment

https://www.producer.com/2019/07/ag-ministers-promise-no-immediate-help/

You wouldn't know by the comments that the three prairie provinces had their Ag ministers at this meeting! Guess what, the Provincial Ministers aren't pushing for radical changes to the farm safety net programs and ad hoc payments because that would require the provinces to put in an increased share of funding, which they don't want to do.

Conservative provincial governments see no political upside to spending more on agriculture because most farmers already vote Conservative and will continue to vote Conservative.

Instead of the usual Trudeau, Bibeau blame fest on Agriville why don't you face the fact that agriculture already gets about $3 Billion a year in support. And many successful farms don't need more taxpayers money to survive.

Farmers who complain about government subsidies to other industries and want government out of their way should not be asking for more subsidies. General subsidies often go to those who don't need it and end up driving up the cost of land.

Taxpayers are not interested in propping up the the ego driven 10,000 acre plus farms who work for 7 months of the year and spend a lot of the year in their second homes in warmer climes. Yes we need good safety nets but we don't need to support large farms so that they can take over more and more acres driving small farms out of business!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

You wouldn't know by the comments that the three prairie provinces had their Ag ministers at this meeting! Guess what, the Provincial Ministers aren't pushing for radical changes to the farm safety net programs and ad hoc payments because that would require the provinces to put in an increased share of funding, which they don't want to do.

Conservative provincial governments see no political upside to spending more on agriculture because most farmers already vote Conservative and will continue to vote Conservative.

Instead of the usual Trudeau, Bibeau blame fest on Agriville why don't you face the fact that agriculture already gets about $3 Billion a year in support. And many successful farms don't need more taxpayers money to survive.

Farmers who complain about government subsidies to other industries and want government out of their way should not be asking for more subsidies. General subsidies often go to those who don't need it and end up driving up the cost of land.

Taxpayers are not interested in propping up the the ego driven 10,000 acre plus farms who work for 7 months of the year and spend a lot of the year in their second homes in warmer climes. Yes we need good safety nets but we don't need to support large farms so that they can take over more and more acres driving small farms out of business!
                  And I am not interested in propping up 30 dollar an hour steelworkers at a Russian company....

Nor am I to thrilled about irrigation districts receiving free infrastructure to irrigate and a 40 dollar an acre subsidy for 5 years...and probably longer...

Not too crazy about AGT getting 100s of millions to fix their rail line.....

Or the fact that ILTA will use CGC funds to pay out farmers...that's farmers buying their own grain for the CGCs incompetence...

And can you name one farmer that ever sent a cheque back from the government when there was an ad hoc payment....or point me in the direction of a 4th generation family farm that hasn't received a payment in the past?

This thread proves why farmers get SFA to make their farms better and why most are now saying "**** it"...

Do you think graincos measure ***** when they collectively go to government for help....

And Saskatchewan's Ag minister is an idiot....I said that before they chose him.... a perfect example of an empty resume to a wannabe politician. ...and the Premier isn't much better....
                  Last edited by bucket; Jul 20, 2019, 07:43.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

And who is backing the majority of those mega farms? That’s the problem. It’s people or countries or corporations that don’t care if there is or isn’t a crop they have rhe resources to wait it out and take over the farm families that go down that don’t have big backing. there is a falsehood that rhe industry is in good shape because of the driven up land costs and it wasn’t because of subsidies it was because of the ag capital land scam etc types friends of the Sask party got rich off the rising land prices caused by opening up ownership. The next stage was input capital why do you think they exist? Because times are good? They exist for the farms that don’t have outside backers falsely making the industry better then it is.
                    Yes some farms that kicked out and had cheap land benefited from the raise in land you’d be an idiot to say otherwise. But with that came the rise in all our costs because once established their farms aren’t just paying stupid prices for land.

Take a quarter of land for 400,000 bucks 5-% interest what is your land payment? 20,000 a year interest only what grain pays for that?

Comment

Are you guys wanting ad hocs all four or five years old where you think canola or any commodity automatically is high priced and should automatically cover your decisions on land rent payments, purchases of iron and more high priced land? Good grief. I sold canola for under 5 bucks before. Perhaps the ad hoc should be retroactive for me, because that was not fair, neither was the 1.35 oats, or the 4.80 flax... What I did back then, WAS CONTROL MY FREAKING COSTS!

Cost control guys, it is time we started to learn what those words mean again. If in doubt, ask dad and grandpa, they will know.

If it means giving up precious high priced land rent cuz they dont make it anymore, give it up. If it means driving a used half ton, GASP, forgoing the winter holiday, buying a boat or sleds for the kids, well, I feel no sympathy.

We dont HAVE to spend like drunken sailors when times get tight. We dont HAVE to expand our land base so John down the road wont get it. We dont HAVE to spray everything seventeen times a year. We dont HAVE to have conveyors, automatic everything from end gate openers, to the myriad of other laziness inducing shiny crap.

We can grow some contentment, be happy with what we have for once, and forgo some of the spending until such time the markets come back.

Advice from probably the smallest, least financially well off poster on this bloody site. I still steer my tractor, because I simply have not scratched together the money to buy auto steer for crying out loud, because I have such other pressing issues to deal with that come first.

I DO NOT need an ad hoc. I question why anyone on this site does. I think farmers need cost control lessons already.

Comment

Sheep we are all working at cutting our costs. I have one guy I know to take back 500000 of Fungicides because of the crop isn't worth it.

Rent has slowed in an increase or dropped this spring.

Equipment used is a buyers market.

Prices are dropping.

But the big problem is Shit for Brains handed out Billions to useless shit hole countries and fantasy island adventures on climate change etc. Big companies getting billions, not an F#$King Loan.

We have got a hair cut on our last canola by $2.00 a bushel. We were heavy sellers at the 11.25 before the shit show so not as bad but Trudeau still cost me $2.00. That pisses me off.

Then add the insult of giving companies millions and billions for what slush fund back to Selfie boy.

Come on were getting F#K$3d here and you guys want the high and mighty road.

Well, I can tell you how that will work out well all be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                          Are you guys wanting ad hocs all four or five years old where you think canola or any commodity automatically is high priced and should automatically cover your decisions on land rent payments, purchases of iron and more high priced land? Good grief. I sold canola for under 5 bucks before. Perhaps the ad hoc should be retroactive for me, because that was not fair, neither was the 1.35 oats, or the 4.80 flax... What I did back then, WAS CONTROL MY FREAKING COSTS!

Cost control guys, it is time we started to learn what those words mean again. If in doubt, ask dad and grandpa, they will know.

If it means giving up precious high priced land rent cuz they dont make it anymore, give it up. If it means driving a used half ton, GASP, forgoing the winter holiday, buying a boat or sleds for the kids, well, I feel no sympathy.

We dont HAVE to spend like drunken sailors when times get tight. We dont HAVE to expand our land base so John down the road wont get it. We dont HAVE to spray everything seventeen times a year. We dont HAVE to have conveyors, automatic everything from end gate openers, to the myriad of other laziness inducing shiny crap.

We can grow some contentment, be happy with what we have for once, and forgo some of the spending until such time the markets come back.

Advice from probably the smallest, least financially well off poster on this bloody site. I still steer my tractor, because I simply have not scratched together the money to buy auto steer for crying out loud, because I have such other pressing issues to deal with that come first.

I DO NOT need an ad hoc. I question why anyone on this site does. I think farmers need cost control lessons already.
                          Sorry but your out to lunch! If you think your cost cutting is going to shape or compete with countries, oil companies etc.
                          You were on here not long ago stating your out of grain farming and oh boy what am I going to do. Weren’t you? You don’t even realize you phone power etc is all tied into the costs going up

The other guys you’re competing with have a never ending bank account! Do you still want to farm? Would a better price for your canola hurt you? Holy fk!!

But you’re also the person that lobbied and became the agriville poster child for getting rid of the cwb and it turned out you never even sold to the cwb because of the hog barn in your area. Lol that was beyond d funny. so thanks for contributing to getting rid of that without having thoughts on what do we do when it’s gone. How’s that 10 dollar a bushel wheat that was promised? Where is it? We all grow nothing but feed values wheat no matter what the quality.

And if you don’t need an ad hoc quite literally fk off and sign a form you don’t want one make your big influence on the market. Holy crap how dense can someone be. Tell the elevator you want 8.00 canola to make a real statement. Lmao!!!
                          Last edited by the big wheel; Jul 20, 2019, 07:58.

Comment

BTW chuckchuck ...do you ever think of the young guys starting out that have worked off farm only to be up against it due to no fault of his own...

Or the guys that don't want to become 10000 acre farmers...

Sometimes I wonder who you advocate for ?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                              Sorry but your out to lunch! If you think your cost cutting is going to shape or compete with countries, oil companies etc.
                              You were on here not long ago stating your out of grain farming and oh boy what am I going to do. Weren’t you? You don’t even realize you phone power etc is all tied into the costs going up

The other guys you’re competing with have a never ending bank account! Do you still want to farm? Would a better price for your canola hurt you? Holy fk!!

But you’re also the person that lobbied and became the agriville poster child for getting rid of the cwb and it turned out you never even sold to the cwb because of the hog barn in your area. Lol that was beyond d funny. so thanks for contributing to getting rid of that without having thoughts on what do we do when it’s gone. How’s that 10 dollar a bushel wheat that was promised? Where is it? We all grow nothing but feed values wheat no matter what the quality.
                              Just giving advice. Simple advice, that yes, will work, unless you are an absolute addict. Yup, I am working my way off grain farming, because I have grown to HATE it, and am sick of it. But not oh boy what am I gunna do! I am doing it. I am easing out of the lack of control commodities game, and doing my own thing, setting my own price on my wares. You cant control some things like phone and power, but I look around me and on the pics posted on here, and I marvel at the complaining that happens while the millions in un needed machinery doodle around the fields!

I hated the cwb, still do, and yes, I sold to them, because I HAD to. I dont know where you got some of your ideas on me and hog barns and the cwb from? I guess if you want the cwb back, join the friends of the cwb and go hard!

Funny people some farmers.

I quit growing canola. That was one of my cost cutting measures and so full disclosure,
                              I saw the train wreck coming, and jumped off the train.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                                Just giving advice. Simple advice, that yes, will work, unless you are an absolute addict. Yup, I am working my way off grain farming, because I have grown to HATE it, and am sick of it. But not oh boy what am I gunna do! I am doing it. I am easing out of the lack of control commodities game, and doing my own thing, setting my own price on my wares. You cant control some things like phone and power, but I look around me and on the pics posted on here, and I marvel at the complaining that happens while the millions in un needed machinery doodle around the fields!

I hated the cwb, still do, and yes, I sold to them, because I HAD to. I dont know where you got some of your ideas on me and hog barns and the cwb from? I guess if you want the cwb back, join the friends of the cwb and go hard!

Funny people some farmers.

I quit growing canola. That was one of my cost cutting measures and so full disclosure,
                                I saw the train wreck coming, and jumped off the train.
                                I got your ideas from your own posts so either your bullshitting now or were before and that’s a fact.

I m sorry but paying the land rents and land prices don’t quite work for everyone by selling some sheep.
                                It might for you your land is paid for I assume. But do you know what would happen to your goldmine if just a few of us switched to sheep? Lol.
                                At least you admitted it doesn’t pay to grow canola. Why is that? If we all stopped growing canola what would that do to every other commodity? The big picture is a lot more complex than your individual farm. Your small enough for your choices to work.

Forgot to add just like the wheatboard issue your not growing canola but your making a statement about what canola price should be for the rest of us that have.
                                Last edited by the big wheel; Jul 20, 2019, 08:33.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...