• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heard this kinda stuff a million times

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard this kinda stuff a million times

Never happens.
    World was meant to run out of oil when i was as school in 70s
    Run out of drinkable water in 2000s
    Iron ore mid 90s
    Now food.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-17/feeding-10-billion-people-will-require-genetically-modified-food https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-17/feeding-10-billion-people-will-require-genetically-modified-food

1st world could do with a whole lot of hunger. Bring it on! Imagine if we had to go back to 1942 rationing?

Comment

There is so much food in North America, some people are even allergic to it.

Comment

If we’re running or going to run out of food my prices sure don’t reflect that. I’ll believe it when it happens.

P.S. I think if the general population knew how “hand to mouth” the global food system operated they’d have their freezers and pantries a little more filled with reserves. I can always grind some wheat or butcher a critter so it don’t matter to me.

Comment

Or clean a fish lol

Comment

Thats the line they use to hook another generation of farmers onto this treadmill....

I see the same ads I did when I was younger about starving people....If they are still starving and my bins are not empty then the problem is with the purchasing country ....starving....yup well I fit that into the unicorn file as well....

Comment

The post wasnt actually meant to be a gm debate which it isnt thank goodness more about doomsday supply predictions of oil water food.

One thing we do run out of is spondolee.

just print some more i guess

Comment

What a crock of shit , just look at grain prices

Comment

Lets just presume for a moment there is a skeric of truth in the article.

Im sure the author is probably anti gm but it may be the saviour of a dying planet.

Almost a oxymoron.

Me im neither pro or anti just another tool for farmers to use gm crops that is.

According to my doctor at 97kg and 5ft 9 inches im grossly over weight should be 70 to 75 max.

So when this famine happens all the skinnies will die first and us chubbies will be last to go so im thinking better hold of on that diet.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

Im sure the author is probably anti gm but it may be the saviour of a dying planet.

Almost a oxymoron.

Me im neither pro or anti just another tool for farmers to use gm crops that is.

According to my doctor at 97kg and 5ft 9 inches im grossly over weight should be 70 to 75 max.

So when this famine happens all the skinnies will die first and us chubbies will be last to go so im thinking better hold of on that diet.
                    Maybe you're a muscular sheep wrestling mesodorph body type and closer to an "ideal" body weight for your height!

Maybe with in "standard deviation".

I have a neighbour who is WAY overweight. When the Doctor told him he is way too heavy he pointed out he outlived most of his "skinny" classmates....lmfao!

Comment

One thing we do run out of is spondolee.

just print some more i guess
                      Had to google “spondolee “ ......... I guess it’s equivalent to our “dough” or “moolah”
                      😎

Got my learning in today .......... it just took till 8 pm to accomplish that.

Comment

Almost a oxymoron.

Especially us meat eaters
                        Vegans will tip over first

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...