• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scheer, chocolate milk?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheer, chocolate milk?

Scheer tells dairy farmers at the DFC meeting we've been drinking sweetened chocolate milk for thousands of years? LOL

Does he also think drinking lots of pop and numerous other drinks with too much sugar is okay?

Then we wonder why there is an obesity and diabetes problem in this country?

Chocolate milk "saved his son" he says. A picky eater perhaps or perhaps just coddled?

My kids, given free choice would have eaten nothing but froot loops for breakfast.

But Scheer is going to fix the food guide? What he means is, he is going to ignore science and go back to letting industry decide what to emphasize in the food guide.

I love meat, cheese and dairy. Everything in moderation including much less fat, salt, and sugar.

Eat what you want, but don't let the self interested food industry with their excessive marketing tell you what is a healthy diet!

It’s big news wow the liberal Boy Scouts are out.

Media will be all over this but the idiot Trudeau handing out billions before a election

Comment

He was teasing. I know if you have no sense of humour, his comments fly over your head, chuck.

One of my saddest things in this life is those who have no sense of knowing when someone is teasing, and no sense of humour.

Comment

Grasping at straws sheep
        Can you imagine supporting trudeau and having to explain the drinking box thingy

Comment

Could anyone be worse than the moron leading this country now? I suppose but it would be hard to imagine them getting elected.

Who in their right mind could support the current PM? He has proven himself unfit for the job countless times.

If he gets re-elected, the old cliche about getting the government you deserve will never ring truer. But what about the common sense practical people in this country who deserve better?

Comment

“Who in their right mind could suport this current pm?”
            There it is in a nutshell
            Only sheeple amd people making money off of this circus show , thats who
            Media has already been paid off
            Some are just too stupid to see

Comment

The food guide is being politicized to shame people from eating things we have been eating for thousands of yrs. Yes everything in moderation, but you cna just see the next step in that guide is no meat.

Anyway, chuck, thats the least of our concern. Saving our country before skippy destroys it.

More than $20B has been given away to dozens of bogus global black holes.

Comment

This fall, I think we need to remember its the Liberal agenda that we are truly fighting and trying to defeat, Trudeau is the useful idiot they are using to sell it.

So come October remember that.

When will we start seeing the campaign ads, God those Liberal fools and one in particular have provided alot of ammunition. Hopefully this whole grade 8 experiment blows up in their face.

Who hasn't had enough already?

Comment

The subject is Scheer and the food guide. Scheer meant to say just milk instead of chocolate milk. Advocating eating less meat and dairy angers those industries. The previous food guide was political in the sense that the food industry had oversized influence. Eating a wide variety of protein sources is a healthy choice. Drinking water instead of pop is a healthy choice. It’s a guide, not a government mandated order. The current guide is based on the latest science. Good nutrition is the foundation of good health. It’s in the public interest to give consumers some guide as to what are healthy choices and what are not. Scheer wants industry to have that role. He is catering to the food industry. Any push to reduce salt and sugar in processed food is met with heavy resistance. Scheer is coddling the industry.

Comment

So what does science say about eggs?
                    Are eggs good for you or are they bad today?
                    Science keeps changing its mind, it’s not science it’s just a bunch of horse shit!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      The subject is Scheer and the food guide. Scheer meant to say just milk instead of chocolate milk. Advocating eating less meat and dairy angers those industries. The previous food guide was political in the sense that the food industry had oversized influence. Eating a wide variety of protein sources is a healthy choice. Drinking water instead of pop is a healthy choice. It’s a guide, not a government mandated order. The current guide is based on the latest science. Good nutrition is the foundation of good health. It’s in the public interest to give consumers some guide as to what are healthy choices and what are not. Scheer wants industry to have that role. He is catering to the food industry. Any push to reduce salt and sugar in processed food is met with heavy resistance. Scheer is coddling the industry.
                      You are right that industry has pushed their agenda in the food guide and advertises their industry as healthier than the alternative but if you think the recent changes were not influenced by the climate change anti meat crowd you are blind!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Could anyone be worse than the moron leading this country now?
                        If he gets re-elected, the old cliche about getting the government you deserve will never ring truer.
                        Fool me once - shame on you.

Fool me twice - shame on me.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          Annual check up with my doctor a few weeks ago. We were discussing healthier eating. In his opinion the 2 worst things you can eat are processed foods and sugar. So I asked him what he thought of beyond meat. He gave a very firm response, he said beyond meat is a processed food and not at all healthy. He said your healthiest meat(will make Grassfarmer dance) is grass fed beef. He is also a fan of organ meats like heart and liver. One other thing he said that was very interesting was that too much fruit is also bad for you because of the amount of sugar in it. I do agree with all things in moderation. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Only 3 food can be confirmed as non processed. Vegetables, milk and non hormone free range meat sources, perhaps full grain breads. Fruit has the shit sprayed out of it. Everything else is processed to the max including all those veggie burgers. My wife and I barely walk the middle of the store. There are rows upon rows of garbage there. A full isle of sugar infused processed breakfast cereals.

Comment

Yeah, Woodland I don't buy that fruit is bad for you on account of it's sugar content. It's a naturally occurring sugar and it's not at high levels compared to what is in most manufactured food products. I think that's one of the silliest pieces of dietary advice out there at the moment given how little fruit and vegetables the population as a whole eats. Tell people to eat less fruit - what are they going to replace it with that isn't worse for you?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...