• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

We have been busy this week but its AIM so off to Saskatoon for a couple of days and enjoy walking around and looking at different crops, equipment and demos.

But from the road either 16 highway or from Regina up how the hell is Canola or Some wheat ever going to make anything if it is still in Cabadge or just poking out of the ground the second last week of July.

It's not Farm Progress show boys and girls its AIM. We're almost one month behind for a lot of Crops.

It's not Brazil or Argentina where if you F#K$ up you can try again.

We need one heck of a long fall without frost till almost Oct 1.

But here is the crop report, not a warm and fuzzy Sask AG Crop report but the real deal.

Shit could go sideways in Saskatchewan if an Early frost comes. When I say sideways it could be the largest disaster in farming because of the late stage of the crop. The media and AG advisors can tell the world whatever it wants but the Canadian crop is really late it is very uneven and if mother nature decides to end the growing season any day in August it's going to be one shit storm.

Flowering Canola can make a shit show look good from the road. Oh here is a note it's going into the last two weeks of July flowering. It's not farming progress show Friday starting to flower and ending in the Early days of July. Its end of July for flowering and some it's August.

The rain came this week in Three storms for us. Saturday night got a good dump then add in the Sunday night storm that took power out for 12 hrs or more.

But we have had rain almost every night since.

Total for the year after last nights 1/2 inch is 8 inches for the year since spring melt. Water is starting to sit on the surface again. I have been landscaping for the new Bin site and Cut one hill on Sandridge down by 6 ft and were wet all the way down. Were back, boys.

Ok, this year I am using my rating system based on last years Super crop. I don't care if it looks good from the road I want an assessment compared to last years crop.

HRS has entered the filling stage and most left the fungicide at home or returned this crop isn't close to last year for most and why put more money into a lower-yielding crop. Fungicide could add to the time needed for the crop to mature and we just don't have time in 2019.
    The crop has big heads this year but less than last year. Seeds in head-starting. Disease pressure on leaf matter very little. Crop rating is good now for us but late. Rating is 8 compared to last year. Will do yield comparison next week by counting plants and seeds in a foot area.

Canola the shit show really looks good from the road at 120 km hr but get up in the air with a drone or plane and its ok on some and wow WTF happened on others. Can be across the road on same guys farm. We have everything from Very good to WTF happened. The sad part is a farmer might not get Crap insurance this year as good even field yielding 60 plus will be used against a shit field of 20 frozen green and you still average 40 your crop insurance guarantee. Yea fun times ahead now you have to find a market for the crap stuff and the big boys are getting ready for the Scew the Farmer days 2019.

Rating is a 6 overall because it has filled in and some evened out very nice but others still ugly and few have sprayed the crop out and waiting for 2020. From the road, its Some nice out of Regina and One a Craik is real nice then so so then Ugly then late.

Barley has filled in but malt could be a challenge as still some areas trying to head. Rest is evener. 7 is the rating.

Flax some has come in nicer now but still, lots are a shit show.

Peas the ugly are shutting down and finishing flowering the real good are still going and podding nice. Could be very good in those fields. 7 rating as one ugly work against three good.

Durum is headed and making seed but will be late and grade could be a problem.

Pastures are green and looking way better but hay crop is a bust for most. Ditches are getting cut first time in years. Some will cut barley or oats instead of harvesting.

With the rain comes heavy wind that twisted lots of crops in the area. Hail has happened in a few areas and days.

So please post for your area but from the road and our area I have only a few comments. It's late it's uneven it's short it's dry it's over wet oh look one nice one and 150 shitty. Big crops arent on way and if it freezes one shit storm is coming. Winter is coming boys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ai7GBhaVSHmQWrUNizBmYw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	778468

Name:	IvySshyLRCGbzbumu5JfWA.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	778469

Name:	mwQl3JJKRkK553Dj7dm2TQ.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	767494

Name:	5pqhr0sLQs6vIzpjoV2AKQ.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	767495

Comment

On the political side. The Side at AIM of Shit head reminds me of the Time Old Trudeau ran the country. By the second term, western Canada hated the F#$Ker. But he got in by a slim minority.

The Green and NDP can put Little potato over the top.

Western Canada is better as a Republic or something other than Canada because right now confederation works for Quebec and Ontario and doesn't for the rest of Canada.

The Liberals are in Election mode handing out Billions this week. Look for the shit show to continue.

Oh, we farmers Get an F#$King Loan.

Thanks, Ralph and the liberals.

Oh, Bethune is still down and its tornado season. We mean nothing in Western Canada.

Comment

Name:	n7YqY%gfTOudPMOVpY58eg.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	767496

off to the show

Comment

Investors bin yard.

Comment

You give a good report ...... for the most part LMAO. But sometimes I wonder as you type some of this stuff if you sit in your chair vibrating?
            It’s not healthy if you are.
            It’s been another challenging year and it’s far from over, but that’s farming.

Comment

When I went to check the remote rain gauges yesterday morning I had a huge sense of gratitude, things aren't calender picture perfect here but given the start to the growing season we had, things could have turned out much worse.

Farming is hard on my constitution, no matter how much of a "water off a duck's back" mentality I preach about and try to maintain......the emotional roller coaster is getting tiring,,,, time to get off? Farmaholicism.....

Comment

It’s green like June. It’s end of July.

Layoffs starting to happen or cut backs in Ag. Sales way down on chemicals Fert fungicides and equipment.

Comment

I am rather calm and take time away from the farm to relax. Heading down south next week adding onto house.

Comment

When dealerships use RBA as the salesman .....it soon becomes obvious there is going to be layoffs....

It use to be if you whispered about buying something the salesman was at your door... now you can point blank tell them you are interested and they can't be bothered if you want to trade....

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      It’s green like June. It’s end of July.

Layoffs starting to happen or cut backs in Ag. Sales way down on chemicals Fert fungicides and equipment.
                      No they aren't. Sheesh.

Comment

I only put fungicide on lentils this year because they are on time. Not taking a chance delaying any maturity. Frost is a concern but the first stages of canola is well into bloom so frost wont get it all. Better than what I was facing without that rain.

Comment

A month ago we were asking for rain here and now I’d like it to hit “pause” so some hay could get made. Tuesday we went and cut 20 acres just to check out the machine and make sure the new steel conditioner rolls were going to be fine. Layed out a nice windrow and did much better than the wore out rubber rolls.

Crop is still good quality and not too coarse which is a pleasant surprise and the volume is much better than last year.

Hopefully we can get it rolled up in good shape to sell as none is required here for feed this year except maybe 100 bales or so.

Mother Nature threw another hissy fit last night and dumped a half inch in fifteen minutes. The tedder is ready to roll and will definitely be required this year. It’s paid for itself several times over the past few years we’ve had it and wouldn’t be able to make dry hay without it especially on challenging years such as this.

Good luck everyone 🍀

Comment

Weather warning for the show area.

Comment

Wowzer, that is a mighty fine lay of hay. Good Luck, send rain south. 🚀

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.