• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Wowzer, that is a mighty fine lay of hay. Good Luck, send rain south. 🚀
    I’m trying to send it anywhere but it’s insisting on sticking around. At an inch since last night and they’re calling for another one before tomorrow. My buddy 25 miles east was baling dry hay the other day since they haven’t had rain in over a week whereas we’ve only had one day without rain in the last ten. Next week will hopefully be better😉

Comment

Comment

Looks intense on radar south of cut knife. Some bumper crops in that area, hope the white stuff stays away there.

Comment

Somebody for the love of god make a piece of equipment I dont have to mortgage a quarter section to buy.

Comment

There's alot of intense weather lately. If all the ingredients for storms are present...look out! Some nasty ones slipped past us. We were in the July 1st storm's path but had no crop or building damage.

But you have to wonder when its your turn.

I want a dividend rebate on my Co-op hail insurance.....so I hope its a quiet year for claims.....and no claims in the Slum of the Ghetto.... becsuse the crop is worth more than the hail insurance I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Somebody for the love of god make a piece of equipment I dont have to mortgage a quarter section to buy.
              ......and people have the nerve to complain about the price of land? Myself included.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Ok, this year I am using my rating system based on last years Super crop. I don't care if it looks good from the road I want an assessment compared to last years crop.
                So is everybody supposed to use your new rating system or was it just a chance to boast about your Super crop again?
                Our pasture conditions now would be a 25/10 compared to last year's production here.

Comment

No grass I don’t give a shit if it was a big crop this year is this year. But reality is a lot of sask had a good crop. So if you had pick 59 and this year it looks like 30 that’s a crop report that total won’t be near last year.

Canola done flowering north side Lumsden.

Comment

Peas are excellent , podding well still some flowering
                    Wheat excellent and starting to turn
                    Barley excellent, starting to turn
                    Canola excellent , full blown bright yellow , even hailed stuff
                    Flax mediocre and next to none around here , we have none
                    Oats excellent headed for 2 weeks
                    Seed alfalfa excellent
                    Dehy alfalfa excellent
                    One early guy always short of juice had his canola done flowering a week ago and barley already turned, hope hes getting his lake time in now although if it freezes he will be a hero and us a zero
                    Rains are adequate now, Looks too good to be true and usually is in this country

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Peas are excellent , podding well still some flowering
                      Wheat excellent and starting to turn
                      Barley excellent, starting to turn
                      Canola excellent , full blown bright yellow , even hailed stuff
                      Flax mediocre and next to none around here , we have none
                      Oats excellent headed for 2 weeks
                      Seed alfalfa excellent
                      Dehy alfalfa excellent
                      One early guy always short of juice had his canola done flowering a week ago and barley already turned, hope hes getting his lake time in now although if it freezes he will be a hero and us a zero
                      Rains are adequate now, Looks too good to be true and usually is in this country
                      Too bad we didn’t have “excellent” crop prices.
                      By the looks and sounds of it crops are “excellent” all over.
                      Prices going forward look to be header lower in the shitter.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                        Too bad we didn’t have “excellent” crop prices.
                        By the looks and sounds of it crops are “excellent” all over.
                        Prices going forward look to be header lower in the shitter.
                        Guess its better than not having one since we mean sfa to prices anyways

Comment

We had a decent crop last year ..... until it snowed 3 times ....... then we near wrecked equipment and cost ran up $100,000 before we were done fixing , renting extra equipment and drying costs .....

It’s not in the bin till it’s in the bin, and it’s not worth anything unless you sell it and get paid for all the hard work ..... right Ilta?

Let’s hope we all get the crop off safely , in the bin and hopefully markets pick up and we can deal with confidence to make a bit of money .
                          Farming ain’t profitable if any one of those things go wrong.
                          Some have had it pretty easy lately but some have not . Absolutely zero is guaranteed in farming . Some have not seen the ugly side to grain farming . Some of us have ...
                          good luck , let’s hope for the best

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ubbckrqVTa++Mm3UY6U2ww.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	767500

Lots of fields of Canola have shut down north of the valley at Lumsden. They are thinner but have shut down flowering. Some fields on the drive up are just poking out of the ground.

Heat is coming next week and no not just for me in Florida but for Saskatchewan. 31s are on there way. Bring on the heat.

Comment

Got our first “wrap around” rain in several years. 10 days late but still very good to see.
                              Not sure how much yet total but it’s good.
                              Will be more than enough to make a crop here now .
                              Now I agree , bring on the sun and heat.
                              The heat units are needed to finish this crop.
                              Then we will see come harvest what happens

Comment

Rain for this week so far is 1.8 inches. Everything is certainly green. Yesterday afternoon is was only 9 above, it was chilly. Haying is wait and see so far. On the plus side we will have a much better hay crop this year. Crops are advancing slowly. The canola continues to grow taller, certainly not losing blooms due to excessive heat. Peas are starting to pod. Weather forecast looks like some sun for next week, it will be welcome.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.