• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most hated weed?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin Trudeau

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Justin Trudeau
      Shit !
      Was just lookin for a pic of dipshit and was gonna post it

Comment

What's with the hate on burdock in pastures? Our animals love it. If they are not accustomed to eating it put some male animals on it early in the spring as they crave something in it - bulls, steers, rams, billy-goats or whatever you have. Once they've learned they will teach the rest to eat it.

Comment

Wild oats , kochia
          Hawksbeard horsetail cleavers.
          That order
          30 40 years ago
          It was quackgrass wild oats green foxtail Canada thistle

Comment

I'm with Jazz. Round leafed mallow and cleavers. Field horsetail is a tough one too. Foxtail barley is always present but we do give it a free ride some years.

Cleavers can be decimated in the field but will re-infest from field margins and slough edges the minute you turn your back

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              What's with the hate on burdock in pastures? Our animals love it. If they are not accustomed to eating it put some male animals on it early in the spring as they crave something in it - bulls, steers, rams, billy-goats or whatever you have. Once they've learned they will teach the rest to eat it.
              Are you talking about Great Burdock or Common Burdock?

Comment

Chamomile is nasty. Toadflax comes and goes here but not as big of an issue with zero tillage and better herbicide regimes. Hemp nettle my dark companion is a pain. Worst weed by far poplars.

Comment

All good candidates.
                  But the most grief and lost money over my career would always be wild oats.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                    Worst weed by far poplars.
                    I second that, poplars cause the most economic damaga around here. What other weed can drastically reduce crop yield in a 50 foot radius from a single specimen?

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                      Are you talking about Great Burdock or Common Burdock?
                      Both - although befitting it's name the common is more common.

The one weed in our pastures that cows won't eat is American licorice. In recent days I've seen some affected by some type of smut so perhaps there is a natural control method for it.

Comment

wild buckwheat. bad in liberty canola.

By the way how do the railways look in your area? They sterilized the shoulders of the lines a couple years ago, and as i predicted, full of canada thistle now, polluting all adjacent farm fields.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post

By the way how do the railways look in your area? They sterilized the shoulders of the lines a couple years ago, and as i predicted, full of canada thistle now, polluting all adjacent farm fields.
                          In some places that ingenious move leached(ran off) onto the farmland, but it just might have been their right of way to start with.

I forecasted exactly what you described. Instead of those lazy ****en bastards mowing the right of way they chose sterilization. Last mower I seen being used for cutting the right of way was a sickle mower! Really! In this day and age! Why not use a flail or gyro? And the ****ing crossing planks they replace are left to rot and catch snow in a pile at the crossings. There is even pieces of cut out rail at one crossing where a low boy trailer snagged and bent the rail. And a whole section length assembly of two rails a ties that were used to put the train back on the track where it derailed about 10 -15 years ago.....they blamed the RM for filling in the crossing with snow and it packing in! Edit in: that excess snow at the crossing was a direct result of them NOT mowing their right of way. How do you do a decent job of mowing with a pile of crossing planks at the intersection of the municipal road and railway.....geniuses!!!!!! The RM did the best job it could clearing the snow that was there because of their negligence.

Lazy ****en assholes and book smart practically stupid management!!!!!!

So party on weeds....it will be the first thing to re-establish on the right of way

Sorry for " derailing" and getting "off track" in this tread.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 18, 2019, 07:16.

Comment

My worst weeds ....... couple of my neighbours.
                            That have weeds the University wouldn’t be able to identify.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post

1. Wonder how they were allowed to do that sterilization-what a kill- wonder what chemical was used? And now thistle?

2. Seems erosion will also be a factor as well as the thistles. Just saying because last week we saw the first washed-out rail beds from weekend storm.

Comment

Not sure what CP used but everything still dead here after a couple years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.