Ag In Motion.

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Ag In Motion.

SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 17, 2019 | 05:28 1 Day one I missed but will be going today. Site prep for bins took a little more time than I thought.

Will post today what I see.

Others post as well.

Enjoy.

Oh, it rained over 1.3 in regina and 1/2 at the farm.

Sandridge is wet 5 ft down so I guess we're back.

Now bring on the heat. Reply With Quote
Jul 17, 2019 | 06:33 2
Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
Day one I missed but will be going today. Site prep for bins took a little more time than I thought.

Will post today what I see.

Others post as well.

Enjoy.

Oh, it rained over 1.3 in regina and 1/2 at the farm.

Sandridge is wet 5 ft down so I guess we're back.

Now bring on the heat.
Yes we need heat after the rain last night.
Wanted to get to AIM, not going to work out this year ..... again!!
By the time I get to see it, it will be bigger than the average farm size in SK. 😆😆
Have fun SKF, have a couple for me. 🍺🍺
Couple is two as you see. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 17, 2019 | 07:47 3 It’s great show ! just to bad prices keep going up on everything except grain prices. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 17, 2019 | 11:53 4
    Jul 17, 2019 | 11:54 5 SF3..

Just buy it all, put it all in... go all in...Billy Bob says so..........Poke!!!!! Reply With Quote

• Jul 17, 2019 | 16:11 6
    I have to admit I am not really a big show guy but I really like Ag In Motion. Reply With Quote

• Jul 17, 2019 | 16:12 7 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 17, 2019 | 16:52 8 I did notice crops from veg to AIM were excellent the whole way.

Nothing missing at the show, its all there. Reply With Quote
    Jul 17, 2019 | 16:54 9 Enough said haha Reply With Quote

• farmaholic's Avatar Jul 17, 2019 | 17:46 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Enough said haha

If stupidity was an Olympic sport......he'd win all the gold! Reply With Quote

• farmaholic's Avatar Jul 17, 2019 | 17:48 11
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    I did notice crops from veg to AIM were excellent the whole way.

Nothing missing at the show, its all there.
    Are the plots watered? Reply With Quote

• farmaholic's Avatar Jul 17, 2019 | 18:00 12 What kind of magical potion did Gowan unveil?

Let me guess....

Mixed old CHEMISTRY with a "NEW" name!

Haven't farmers become more sophisticated and won't fall for that anymore?

No sense jumping to conclusions before I hear the name and read the actives. Reply With Quote
    Jul 17, 2019 | 18:08 13 Glad to hear you are putting up some bins. Can't believe guys bag grain yet. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

GDR

• farmaholic's Avatar Jul 17, 2019 | 18:11 14
    Quote Originally Posted by bgmb View Post
    Glad to hear you are putting up some bins. Can't believe guys bag grain yet.
    Bagging is a very viable option for guys who rent land. If the landlord doesn't have bins for his land, buying bins for rented land is a tough sell to me. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 17, 2019 | 22:05 15

Wonder what those high yielding Invigors will be priced at come fall.
    Get your orders in early as numbers like those will make supply very short. Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 18, 2019 | 04:54 16 One thing I did notice is guys are looking but very few are actually spending.

Day two today I'm interested in new pea variety and Canola my old stand buy 252 is still going to top. for a while and AC Brandon will win for some time.

Name:  oEQFrs+tQH68Emqh%KTWaw.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  100.4 KB Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 08:07 17
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Are the plots watered?
    One of the exhibitors told me that AIM has a plot manager and that each exhibitor can specify the water they want on their plot. The guy I was talking to said they had purchased 3 inches of water.

AIM has also partnered with whatever SIAST is called now and there will be some permanent teaching presence on that site. Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 08:23 18 I missed AIM but my brother and nephew went and seen what we wanted
    I was taking AIM at the sun .....

• Jul 18, 2019 | 08:46 19
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Get your orders in early as numbers like those will make supply very short.
    Where I m at there is no difference amongst varieties. All are shitty. And I guess we ll see which is more frost tolerant for sure. Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 09:15 20
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    I missed AIM but my brother and nephew went and seen what we wanted
    I was taking AIM at the sun .....
    Is that where the walleye are? Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 09:46 21
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Get your orders in early as numbers like those will make supply very short.
    Doesn't matter what they are priced at, the most expensive sell out first. They keep raising, farmers keep buying. If you were a seed company, what then would you do? Lower the price? Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 10:44 22
    I've heard of things being so expensive that you have to be sitting down when they tell you the price but I never knew it was an actual thing. Reply With Quote

• farmaholic's Avatar Jul 18, 2019 | 10:51 23
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    I've heard of things being so expensive that you have to be sitting down when they tell you the price but I never knew it was an actual thing.
    They have EMT at some of the booths, and just about every major equipment company has an Automated External Defibrillator at their booths. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Jul 18, 2019 | 11:02 24 Gowan Edge is going from lime to clay based.

Ie) if you apply Edge at 20 lbs in the fall with current edge you will be able to lower the rate to 10 lbs acre and get the same coverage(smaller particles) with less bulk density( few plugged hoses as you are moving lighter product and only half as much)

They reduce or cut freight and manufacturing cost in half and ..... same price😀

It will also be faster and easier for us on the farm, I like it. Reply With Quote
    Partners's Avatar Jul 18, 2019 | 12:35 25 With the loonie rising some things are cheaper than last yr. Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 12:36 26
    Quote Originally Posted by LWeber View Post
    Is that where the walleye are?
    Only found one there so far a rock island
    The most were on Murray
    There is the odd one getting cought in Jackfish, but most people are not fishing for walleye.
    There in there just more active in Murray Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 12:49 27
    Is that where the walleye are?
    Tobin lake
    8lb 2 weeks ago
    10lb last sunday Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 13:01 28
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    Tobin lake
    8lb 2 weeks ago
    10lb last sunday
    Geez - wanna guide? Hunter is still chasing a 50 inch pike so walleye fishing is hard to come by... Reply With Quote
    Jul 18, 2019 | 13:23 29
    Geez - wanna guide? Hunter is still chasing a 50 inch pike so walleye fishing is hard to come by...
    Name:  $_59 (1).jpg
Views: 428
Size:  80.2 KB

This is his new to him fishing machine. 19.5 ft. 100hp 4 stroke - 110 pound Vantage on back - 70 pound Ipilot on front - 12 inch side imaging graph at the back - 7 inch side imaging at the front. 2 live wells... his summer got better 2 weeks ago... Reply With Quote

• blackpowder's Avatar Jul 18, 2019 | 14:08 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
    With the loonie rising some things are cheaper than last yr.
    Aren't body jobs obsolete??
    And then pay new retail for an engine that can't stay running? All for 14t??
    Who buys these things? For what? Reply With Quote