• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rural internet networking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rural internet networking

does anyone know of a good company to buy from or that sets up access points and stuff around farm yards? want to get the whole yard lite up off of 1 subscription. (house, shop, shop office, bin yard,etc.) I dont know the ins and outs myself enough to just buy a bunch of shit and try make it work.

I’ll let you know I have the explorenet guy here right now adding one at the shop and a repeater to the house and my cameras for the yard

Comment

Nobody likes...not many interested...look after yourself????????
      Last edited by checking; Jul 19, 2019, 06:19.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        I’ll let you know I have the explorenet guy here right now adding one at the shop and a repeater to the house and my cameras for the yard
        Works well here. Not explorenet but similar. The old TV tower now has a dish thingy with line of sight to provider.
        Repeaters then on tower pointed anywhere. I think they may have distance limits etc. Then a router sitting anywhere you need. Line of sight again I think.

Comment

Highest SNR (Signal to noise ratio) is a must. Need that for highest transmission (bandwidth speeds) and latency. Wifi was intended (or most used) for short distance transmission; but those higher priced and more "commercial" radios mentioned typically have a maximum transmission distance of even up to 12 k. It seems that being "half duplex" results in data collisions that necessitate retransmissions. The newer software versions on Tropos equipment allows or longer distances by inserting longer wait times between the transmit and receive packets.
          Its surprising what a difference in throughput this makes when set properly. Hops between radios can be easily 2 and a half miles and even when passing trough 4 radios one can get 4MB/sec download and 1.5MB/sec upload fro a 10 MB Xplorenet subscription.

I you want really reasonable priced internet radio equipment...just look on eBay

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...