• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday morning drivearound

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday morning drivearound

Took thirty mile local inspection tour, canola crops have filled in amazingly, only the very odd one not full yellow as seen from road.
    Most cereal fields also looking good and even flax looking not too bad.
    Rains have been about right, any more would be starting to fill sloughs and raise water table on lower ground.
    After two years of record yields, looking like might be third one coming but too soon to make predictions.
    After being in crop insurance and agristability from start, not sorry. Hope local growers do not become overconfident and drop out of risk management programs.

And what area is that?

Comment

East of Regina, black soil zone.
      Even with good yields, other part of a profitable year is good quality and prices.

Comment

From the air, the stand is not so good around here. Many bald patches will not fill in this year. How far east of Regina are you Hopalong? We are still praying for rain but like Furrow is experiencing, the clouds split just before they get here. Maybe today🙏🏼

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          From the air, the stand is not so good around here. Many bald patches will not fill in this year. How far east of Regina are you Hopalong? We are still praying for rain but like Furrow is experiencing, the clouds split just before they get here. Maybe today🙏🏼
          A hot air balloon floated by the other day, was that you?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            A hot air balloon floated by the other day, was that you?
            That was trump.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              That was trump.
              Lol, that was good lol

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                That was trump.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	5QPSXREGQQI6RBKTUPHISA3MPA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	767491

I guess you're right, this was a picture I took....I guess it was some dumb guy.....lmfao!!!!!

Comment

East of regina did recover but the crop from the air is not as thick as it was last year. Indian head had wheat yields that were insane they wont this year.

Late is the word of the day.

We need a open fall.

Comment

The one year where I couldnt get it up has turned into a very lush crop here later in the season. Probably 6 inches of rain since June 20. But very late. Lentils look like they dont want to stop growing, flowering now. Canola is filling in big time but 3 different stages. Will need mid sept for that. And have some wheat that has tillers as high as some early stuff headed out.

Oh and did I mention the weeds? Holy F do people have a flush here. Everything from wild mustard to wild oats. Timing was just off.
                    Last edited by jazz; Jul 17, 2019, 08:31.

Comment

Noticed this morning on a drive into town, large areas of lentils turning yellow. I guess disease from underneath has made it through to the top growth now. Also roots rot in peas.
                      Insane rain, showers nearly every evening(not a large amount to measure, but makes the crop soaked overnight, plus the daytime humidity, crazy high. Everything is wet till noon. SE Sask

Comment

Yup on the peas. They were pretty healthy until the third week in June when the rains came. Starting to see the above ground symptoms now.

Damned if it rains damned if it doesn't.....when it comes to peas and root rot.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Yup on the peas. They were pretty healthy until the third week in June when the rains came. Starting to see the above ground symptoms now.

Damned if it rains damned if it doesn't.....when it comes to peas and root rot.
                          That's the reason we stopped growing peas. White mold, root rot. Would look awesome until the first good rain, then start to thin out. Yellow in lentils in low spots but I also see yellowing in spots where water didn't sit, so more likely root disease of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
                            Took thirty mile local inspection tour, canola crops have filled in amazingly, only the very odd one not full yellow as seen from road.
                            Most cereal fields also looking good and even flax looking not too bad.
                            Rains have been about right, any more would be starting to fill sloughs and raise water table on lower ground.
                            After two years of record yields, looking like might be third one coming but too soon to make predictions.
                            After being in crop insurance and agristability from start, not sorry. Hope local growers do not become overconfident and drop out of risk management programs.
                            I think you need to get out more... work in belle plain and yes gorgeous crops not that far out and it's more like 100's of miles of shit after that. farm by kenaston and it's not looking good... yes there are a few nice crops but many many many more poor ones
                            Last edited by helmach; Jul 17, 2019, 15:29.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.