• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainfall to date ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We seem to have won the rainfall lottery of late. Sitting at just under 11.5" total since March 1st but 10" of that has been since June 15th. Very thankful for what we have received but could have done without the short, intense thunderstorm this morning that shredded our corn leaves. Didn't seem like much hail and it was only pea size but it's made a mess. Lots of wheat crops lodged this morning buy mostly standing again after a hot day.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      We are about 3" here also. Lots of rain around us but we only get the edge of the storms. Biggest rain of the summer was .8 and the rest of the of the rains have been .4 or less. Just lots of small showers. The crop looks decent because of good subsoil moisture and the cool temps so far. The crop has used up most of the available moisture and will need a rain soon.
      We have had more rain this year and better subsoil than we did in 88 and 02 and the temps have been a lot cooler and the is a lot better.
      Strange for your area ?

Comment

If you watch the radar right now on the past 3 hrs it shows exactly what has been going on for 4 years .
        It clearly shows yet another rain storm / system clearly swing around this area .
        It’s almost unbelievable but it clearly shows how areas are being missed time after time

Comment

I hesitate to post the rainfall as I realize everyone is not as fortunate. Since May 1st we are sitting at just over 7 inches. Last year was very dry so I am certainly enjoying the fact that the cows have ample grass and the countryside is green. Our crop germination was very good and even this year. Crops are above average but about 7-10 days behind. We grew both L255Pc and L234PC canola. Right now about 3 inches difference in height with 255 about 48 inches and the 234 shorter. The peas have finally woke up and look really good and are flowering. Wheat and barley are heading and look good. We have had some heavy thunderstorms of late that has caused some lodging in the taller wheat and barley crops. We have had some hail but not enough to do significant damage. For those of you that are still dry I hope it rains.

Comment

Red River Valley received 3-5" over the last 7 days, first real rains in two years for many areas. beans and corn lovin it. hope today's storms dont happen, dont need anymore for another week or so.

Comment

Is anyone here from the Elbow area ??
              A localized area there had over 6 in the other night from that storm cell !!
              That’s double what we have had all year lol
              It’s not funny of course, cause that amount of rain at once is not good at all and neither is having .6 in over the past 4 weeks during the peak growing season
              Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 15, 2019, 06:16.

Comment

Strom pushed through last night at about 3 AM dumped about 1.2 south of town and we got .83 of an inch. With yesterdays the total is 1.5 inches in two days. total is 7.5 now for the year. Good till August now let's have some heat lots of heat.
                I think this was the Eston storm that did all the damage and kept rolling into Manitoba this morning.

Comment

Good morning to all. Here at our place , we are sitting on an even 5 inches of moisture since April 27th. From April 27th till June 5th we had basically nothing , maybe a few tenths of rain here and there and in my opinion the crop yield was established at that point. Everything needed rain in May and we did not get it here. Crops have really bounced back and filled in since June , but here we are in July and two days ago (July 13th) my high temp for the day was 96 degrees F with a real nice sw wind that could dry a fresh hay swath in one day. Another two or three weeks of that , and there's going to be a lot of 15-20 bu crops in this area. I don't know of too many farmers who know how run their operation on that kind of income.

Comment

Canora South 1/2 inch last night. 3.5 for the season. Over near the lake and west like a different world lots of rain nice crops except canola

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      It’s not funny of course, cause that amount of rain at once is not good at all and neither is having .6 in over the past 4 weeks during the peak growing season
                      I am straight south of Elbow about 20 miles as the crow flies....watched that storm cell move ...not a drop here....our internet picks up the tower there and we can see the town lights from the my second story window...

So when you look at a precipitation map you know where I am located...very dry here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Strange for your area ?
                        Yes that is strange for here. Over the years we seem to get lucky when it comes to rain showers.

Picked up another half inch last night so that will keep us going a few more days.

Comment

130.8mm since April 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Was laking it at Jackfish past week. Crops look good from the road but get a closer look and it’s not fantastic. Talked to guys from Medstead and said they’re almost too wet. Weird how patchy rain has been. Where I assume you are you’d be south of there. Never drove over to check the hills of Whitkow. Last time I did the area seemed wall to wall lentils. Some hilly for those things. Mustn’t be the rocks like at home.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                              Was laking it at Jackfish past week. Crops look good from the road but get a closer look and it’s not fantastic. Talked to guys from Medstead and said they’re almost too wet. Weird how patchy rain has been. Where I assume you are you’d be south of there. Never drove over to check the hills of Whitkow. Last time I did the area seemed wall to wall lentils. Some hilly for those things. Mustn’t be the rocks like at home.
                              Just east on the 378 , the rain starts basically just north of Ilta grain area through 13 mile corner then over to Medstead
                              I was a Jackfish last week as well
                              Heading back up today 🏌️🎣

Did you get out fishing at all ? We have been doing very well but mostly small stuff . Fun for the kids though

Comment

Tornado yesterday wasn't too far from work. Sunday is a good day to not be working! Could've been a crappy day to be hauling grain too. Local farmers are saying around 7/10 came with the storm but also sounds like a lot of hail write offs. Especially in the Acme - Beiseker area.

Hits like an extra kick in the pants because crops have started to look so good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tornado-crossfield.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	767490

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...