• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Morning Cynicism

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning Cynicism

We have Friday crop report on Thursday, so this morning I am doing Saturday Cynicism, which will be kinda like Friday thank yous.

July 11, 2019 our federal ag minister announced $13M in funding for 11 projects administered by 8 cereal and oilseed organizations to expand our export markets. The Canadian Canola Council will receive $4M of that money.

Here is the Sat cynicism, if they need $13M to find new markets, WTF have they been doing with my money so far?

It's not that I don't appreciate the federal government doing something, but SOB if these organizations haven't been able to secure us more markets with the money they have already received through checkoffs and other government funding after all these years, then find a better place to spend your money.

We can always apply to have our check-offs refunded.

Comment

Not on the pulses

I also ask wtf have they been doing with all that money from check offs.

Trade missions to Bali are expensive.

Comment

Short term..JT. should send us a 2 dollar a bushel top up on canola price..till they find new markets..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Short term..JT. should send us a 2 dollar a bushel top up on canola price..till they find new markets..
          Can't do that, that is too much of a Trump move, but would be easy to do. Everybody has an AgriInvest account based on our eligible sales, pretty easy to figure out what portion of that was canola and pulse sales and deposit accordingly. Easy, peasy and equal, everybody is paid according to what they produce not a per acre basis.

Comment

Right now it don’t matter much to me whether canola is 9 or 19 bucks when I don’t think I ll have any.
            Are you worse off at 50 bushels at 9 or 5 bushels at 11bucks?

The price loss just magnified that there was an original problem in that our costs have been getting out of control. Throw in a drought or flood from what I hear some are experiencing or a frost wipeout and many farms are finished the programs don’t work for the risk and expenses that have been offloaded to the farmer.

Governments don’t care because friends of the government people like Input and foreign investors etc have been benefitting from our down fall while the politicians friends have been making money off our downfall.

Comment

Do you realize-obviously not-that the only large market we have right now for yellow peas - China - is the direct result of work done there over a decade ago by Pulse Canada to demonstrate how the starch fraction could be used to make Vermicelli noodles. It was a large effort, funded yes by checkoff dollars in part, over a series of years. And realize that China has pretty much double pea imports since India withdrew so without this market pea prices would be No Bid.
              It’s fine to be skeptical and scrutinize but do some homework first.
              And canola...largest market is US for oil and meal. Specialty oil nearly all goes there. Work done 20 plus years back led to this. How do I know? Very easy to fact check and happen to have been involved for many years.
              Pointing fingers at those that have done so much good for our industry while sitting back and bitching at the coffee shop.. come up with a better plan, get involved and make it happen.
              There has never been a trade mission to Bali

Comment

Yes I made that up about Bali but if you guys do all you speak about why not tell farmers, advertise show me what we get for our non returnable tax. Or is it all free trips and bullshit.

Comment

They could pay us an environment payment for agriculture's contribution to reducing emissions for the past 30 years...

Not sure how you can charge me as an emitter.... and not credit it my efforts in reducing emissions that have come at a great cost to farms...

They are exempting large emitters but kicking the shit out people that have to drive...

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
                    Do you realize-obviously not-that the only large market we have right now for yellow peas - China - is the direct result of work done there over a decade ago by Pulse Canada to demonstrate how the starch fraction could be used to make Vermicelli noodles. It was a large effort, funded yes by checkoff dollars in part, over a series of years. And realize that China has pretty much double pea imports since India withdrew so without this market pea prices would be No Bid.
                    And canola...largest market is US for oil and meal. Specialty oil nearly all goes there. Work done 20 plus years back led to this. How do I know? Very easy to fact check and happen to have been involved for many years.
                    Pointing fingers at those that have done so much good for our industry while sitting back and bitching at the coffee shop.. come up with a better plan, get involved and make it happen.
                    Quad, you need to brush up a bit. The only reason china buys ag products here is to keep the trade imbalances in check. We have nothing else they want, same as the US. More hidden politics than real trade. If our farm products were so critical, the would have never shut them down over night. They just buy from us to distract from their global ambitions. Same thing goes for the US. You don't think they couldn't grow canola if they wanted to?

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                      We have Friday crop report on Thursday, so this morning I am doing Saturday Cynicism, which will be kinda like Friday thank yous.

July 11, 2019 our federal ag minister announced $13M in funding for 11 projects administered by 8 cereal and oilseed organizations to expand our export markets. The Canadian Canola Council will receive $4M of that money.

Here is the Sat cynicism, if they need $13M to find new markets, WTF have they been doing with my money so far?

It's not that I don't appreciate the federal government doing something, but SOB if these organizations haven't been able to secure us more markets with the money they have already received through checkoffs and other government funding after all these years, then find a better place to spend your money.
                      They are rewarding the very people that haven't been doing their job for quite a while....there are no new markets to find or the grain merchants would have found them by now....pulse canada is full of double dipping commission types...****ing incompetence....worse than the the other former mandatory agency in western canada...

The only thing saskpulse /pulse canada worries about is their office jobs....the rest is just noise...

Why did Roquette set up in manitoba and begin moving acres of pulse to Manitoba when we grow more here ???? its someone else fault according to saskpulse...

Then others start talking stupid at APAS about the quality of water for the protein extraction....Moose Jaw couldn't supply enough water....Thats ****ing bullshit....

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
                        Yup,, you guys found China ...holy ****....how long before they shit on that market and what is the option for other places to send pulses....

When the flax got shut out of Europe they went to china...we never got the European market back...

And China and the Ukraine just signed a deal on pulses....what happens now...

I am not bitching ..this is reality ...saskpulse has said finding new markets for going on three years...and when canola got 500k interest free where were the saskpulse guys circle jerking...

Before you say get involved...clean up the ****ing mess that been made....if you don't want solutions...keep patting yourself on the back...

Comment

There are no new markets, but there are a lot of cheaper producers out there now. Thats the reality and why Canadian Ag will see a reset. COP have to be lowered drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            There are no new markets, but there are a lot of cheaper producers out there now. Thats the reality and why Canadian Ag will see a reset. COP have to be lowered drastically.
                            Does that mean land prices and rent will be dropping? Because I doubt the suppliers of goods and services will give a ****en inch!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              Yup ...starting with checkoffs....then seed prices...machinery...inputs in general....

Seems odd that primary producers are the guys hurting but the checkoff guys organizations are getting the funding with zero performance over the years...

Canola council wants 25mmt where is the market for that unless the government builds it for the industry with subsidies....yet won't help out the primary producer.

There is no more secondary flax production industries in canada after 10 years of the triffid event...why isn't there anything being processed here.???

There isn't any protein processors here unless they have government money but the primary producers are not seeing anything in higher prices or general help...

If these groups forget to get the help from government for primary production ...there is no need for secondary processing....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...