• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck wagon races.....a thought..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck wagon races.....a thought..

Why don't they just take the inside fence out...

if you get pushed over the line as in the latest incident...the wagon that caused the push is disqualified....

Car races have the out fence but the inner fence for the most part isn't there and vehicles are allowed to go off safely as possible. ...

Just quit it already. Have we not evolved past that yet?

And if a person got killed it probably wouldn't change anything either.

I think some rodeo events are just ****en stupid. Calf roping for fun is one of them. There's a difference between doing it because it's necessary and doing it for shits and giggles.

I honestly feel sorry for the livestock.

.....to me it rates up there with MMA cage and ring fighting.

Barbaric shit...both of them.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 12, 2019, 18:41.

Comment

Seriously? I grew up around wagons all my life. Got tired of it and moved on. But for any of you to judge and call it barbaric and cruel to animals is being ignorant to the fact for the amount of race horses given vastly extended lives doing what they are bred to do. It’d be no better than me telling you sod busters you’re poisoning us with your ****ing roundup.

Comment

visited briefly bucking horse and bull place in montana.

both born and bred to buck.

rodeo campdrafting and all kinds of western stuff making a bit of a comeback in oz

Comment

Agree with Farma on the calf roping - That's the one that shouldn't be in the public eye in my opinion. Hard on the calves and not much of a sport. If you wan't to ride bulls, broncs or milk wild cows go right ahead.

Comment

Can’t imagine my neck being jerked like that. People get their jollys in very different ways! Just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Just my opinion Wilton, you don't have to agree. I would rather taste a horse and make it a staple if I liked it, than watch rodeo. Now how is that for barbaric?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Just my opinion Wilton, you don't have to agree. I would rather taste a horse and make it a staple if I liked it, than watch rodeo. Now how is that for barbaric?
                Lol. I’ve never ate horse but they say it’s good. Kinda a sweet meat.

Comment

Hoe about a straight track first. last I looked Alberta wasnt short of land.

Comment

Brother was on the world equine association.They talked about the Chucks and how it could be made safer.Chucks are dangerous .they run ex race horses that were not meant to be be driven.Race horse guys hate it when their horses get pick up to pull a chuck wagon.In the end it was said maybe the chucks are too dangerous situation to put horses into.

Comment

Chuck’s not dangerous, he is just annoying , childish and hippocrital
                      Last edited by caseih; Nov 29, 2023, 18:06.

Comment

Leave the rodeo people alone.
                        I wouldn't have half my land if there wasn't rodeo.
                        Or hunting, or golf or curling.
                        Or Florida.

Comment

The horses are the ones that are put into danger.Type of race horses used were not meant for this.They were bred for speed not ranch use.Chuck guys go to the track and claim horses to put on the chucks.

Comment

I woulda never took chucky for the rodeo type

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                              Brother was on the world equine association.They talked about the Chucks and how it could be made safer.Chucks are dangerous .they run ex race horses that were not meant to be be driven.Race horse guys hate it when their horses get pick up to pull a chuck wagon.In the end it was said maybe the chucks are too dangerous situation to put horses into.
                              Pure conjecture on your part and why you bring up an old topic? The FEI sanctions combined driving where horses of all breeds are used. Any horse can be driven. Probably easier for a horse to pull weight than carry it anyway. Some track rats hate seeing their horses going to the wagons out of pure jealousy because they f’ed them up or couldn’t get them to run but wagon guys could get them fixed and performing better. Far as FEI folks go it’s a completely different world from anything to do with western equitation or western sport. Wonder how many horses break down from jumping? How many 2 year olds break down on the track in spring training? Yes wagon racing is dangerous. No denying it but for another horse group to start throwing stones you better be sure you leave your glass house.

Wagon racing is dead in the water anyway. Calgary is slowly killing the sport through attrition which causes the associations to whither. Between rising costs and less spots in Calgary there isn’t any chance to break even. Most newcomers have no chance to improve and get a spot in Calgary. 2024 marks 100 years of wagon racing. I wouldn’t be surprised that’s the last year. It’ll keep chunking along on the reserves where there’s always money for the natives to do it and probably some of the bigger Alberta centres but otherwise it’s done.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.