• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Bourgault, Seed Hawk, Morris, etc.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking that the make of the drill mattered until lately. Same farmer, same day, same crop, same variety, same depth, same soil texture, same lack of rain after seeding.

Different results. Kitty corner across the road. He is mystified too. Same prior crop. How can one field look like well on its way to 60, and the other look like plowdown material?

As I look at the mix of messes and beautiful crops, it is not simply the drill. I am mystified and have never seen such a party mix in canola. No one drill stands out, no one farmer stands out. We all have some good and some wrecks. And I really am not entirely certain what happened for sure at this point.

Frost, herbicide residue, soil pH, I really don’t know what happened here. No consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
      Do not cheap out on the sprayer. It’s the most important machine on the farm. Make sure you get the 3 sets of tires and strobe lights and shit. It’s most important.
      You know... they should take a page from peterbilt and kenworth and put a bed, microwave, toaster, coffee maker etc just behind the cab on those things!

2nd thing is in-motion rebatching. Put one of those cones like they got on all the US fighter jets to take on more product while flying from field to field.

Hell you'd only have to stop to refill the fridge with provisions! Better yet get the wife to lob em to ya from the in-motion rebatching tanker!

Comment

What I like about the freedom of choice is I can do what I think is best for me without trying to convince someone else it's best for them, or justify my choice to anyone. Based on that premise I don't have the right to condemn anyone else for their choice either.

In short, "à chacun leur".

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          Didnt mean to come across that way quad , just surprised here at how poor a job some did with them here . Thats a lot of money and i have never had one but i thought a lot of the guesswork was removed with the way they are set up ?
          And some adverts are annoying to say the least . Just thinking they might wanna put their money where their mouth is when theyre bashing everyone that doesnt have one
          Yes that’s true. Both points valid. Still comes down to a lot more factors than the seeding outfit. Nothing quite as scientific as they advertise.

Comment

Farmers can choose what they like, thats all cool, but I dont like companies loading up feature after feature increasing the cost and then privately telling people the best drill they made was 20 yrs ago. I dont like planned obsolescence.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              Wow is this what this site is becoming? Cut down guys because they have newer equipment than you? Wow....fields in our area are all over the map...new machines have good and bad fields....5710 and 5810s also have good and bad fields.
              if you reread the original post , i am just wondering if these independent drills are weak on packing , simple as that?
              we have new equipment , it has SFA to do with that .if people just pay the price and don't ask questions , then it is no different than the grossly overpriced canola issue we are facing ?
              but in all honesty , a drill that costs that much should do a much more superior job than an old morris maxim or BG 5710 , thats all I'm trying to say. and we seed everything 4.5-5.5 mph. and very little upkeep on the old girl
              i watched BG bash us for double shooting, year after year , it was NFG , we were stupid, we were gonna get fried with fert on a dry year, mid row banders was the only way to go ? BG caused us a lot of stress years back with the false pics that were printed showing massive fert damage while double shooting . that they were caught on and had to retract and apologize for
              and does the juice travel the 20-24" on a super dry year ?
              well we have been double shooting 30 years , never had a fert wreck yet and i wouldn't trade my atom jet openers for any other system . sure its slower than pulling a juice tank , but we just take a little longer , thats all
              if no one asks questions then we are the same as the church of climate change cult
              pay the money and shut to f#$k up

Comment

Cost could be related to material and labor and technology. Look how much more shit is on those drills. Too many hydraulic cylinders and hundreds of feet of hydraulic hose, Miles of wires. Hubs and bearings. Blah blah blah. Did I mention margin?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  if you reread the original post , i am just wondering if these independent drills are weak on packing , simple as that?
                  we have new equipment , it has SFA to do with that .if people just pay the price and don't ask questions , then it is no different than the grossly overpriced canola issue we are facing ?
                  but in all honesty , a drill that costs that much should do a much more superior job than an old morris maxim or BG 5710 , thats all I'm trying to say. and we seed everything 4.5-5.5 mph. and very little upkeep on the old girl
                  i watched BG bash us for double shooting, year after year , it was NFG , we were stupid, we were gonna get fried with fert on a dry year, mid row banders was the only way to go ? BG caused us a lot of stress years back with the false pics that were printed showing massive fert damage while double shooting . that they were caught on and had to retract and apologize for
                  and does the juice travel the 20-24" on a super dry year ?
                  well we have been double shooting 30 years , never had a fert wreck yet and i wouldn't trade my atom jet openers for any other system . sure its slower than pulling a juice tank , but we just take a little longer , thats all
                  if no one asks questions then we are the same as the church of climate change cult
                  pay the money and shut to f#$k up
                  As far as packing that’s up to the operator. Can be adjusted up or down with a switch in the cab.

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
                    As far as packing that’s up to the operator. Can be adjusted up or down with a switch in the cab.
                    thanks quad , but guys here packed to the max and it wasn't enough
                    more likely as someone else eluded to , problem is probably opener/packer configuration

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      Look at that terrible canola crop, why isn't canola 18$

Just a reminder ..... this is right across the road .... over 2000 ac like that right beside our stuff .... seedmaster .
                      There is by far more struggling canola than good . Was just showing an example

Comment

Problem with seedmaster is its a stupid depth adjustment and what usually happens is nobody actually changes depth on it. You mean its 2019 and I have to carry around a wrench, loosen 90 nuts, eyeball where it goes and call it good. Get ur head outta ur ass Norbert.....

Comment

What are your thoughts on the various disc drills on the market? Is the Case precision disc better than the JD version?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            What I like about the freedom of choice is I can do what I think is best for me without trying to convince someone else it's best for them, or justify my choice to anyone. Based on that premise I don't have the right to condemn anyone else for their choice either.

In short, "à chacun leur".
                            Exactly. Well stated
                            I like to make fun of almost everything because I remember that I had to consider every single action for optimum success or else it did not pay. Seeds wont germinate without moisture. The end
                            I went from a 32 foot to a 40 foot BG 8800. BIG TIME BAAAABY!!!
                            I always check myself by saying I am jealous because I cannot even afford to cash flow payments on the tires, let alone the actual drill.
                            They are big tires.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Just a little play on hardy's "rednecker than you" especially for agriville...

So you think you've got some farmer cred
                              'Cause you own an air drill or two
                              You got a John deere hat on top of your head
                              And an "authentic farmer" tatoo

Yeah you might a drilled a little canola seed
                              Or hauled a little grain but if you think your pants
                              Got more grease than mine I got one thing to say...

My drills better than your drill
                              And I got a bigger combine in my shed
                              Got a little more grain in my bin
                              Y'all I got a little better hair on my chin
                              My lands better than your land
                              And my coveralls a little more blue
                              You might think that you're farmer
                              But I'm a better farmer than you.
                              Yes I am!
                              Holy hell!! BELLY LAUGH! Best post on Agriville right here folks

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                                What are your thoughts on the various disc drills on the market? Is the Case precision disc better than the JD version?
                                Ding Ding Ding Holy Crap Chuck made a post that wasn’t about climate change!

Welcome to the world of Ag Chuck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.