• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well well well some times your the bug and some times you're the window. Skunked for rain the last week. We're now at 1/2 inch since the end of Farm Progress show. Yes, the total for the year is over 6 in but it makes you wonder if the current pattern holds what the crop will look like after the next week of plus 30 weather. The above photo is a typical shot for our farm. Last weekend storms went to the north of our farm dumped up to a 1.5 in then the sat storm followed the same path and the Sunday storm stayed south. Splitting at its finest. God isn't farming fun. Ag more than ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jv%7M8n6QlmU26AqEeVJKQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	778462

Ok, the crop report. We're going to do something different this year. I really don't care what your crop looks like since I posted since the flood years pictures of flooded out shit that yielded nothing but ruts and mud balls. Most farms in the area could use a little drink to keep it going or still help with the recovery. Spraying herbicides, for the most part, is done and now fungicides are going on. But lots are saying at the prices were getting and the look of the crop and the dry conditions most days why throw more money on a bad crop. You cant make shit look good.

But this year I want your crop results based on what you had last year. So our 70 wheat last year is a 9 Kamsack at higher is a 10, just for example. Now look at your crop and decide is it better than last year or poorer.

HRS is coming into the head stage and maybe only about 5 days behind. An old rule for me was I missed Craven more times than I liked because I was spraying for midge at the flower. Well, that would be true probably for Monday next week so maybe 5 days behind. It actually got better since the first three-inch rain back the week before farm progress show. So our wheat compared to last year would grade an 8. Fewer heads but bigger now will they fill. Roots are deep so who knows. We will be spraying for fungicide on last 10 quarters of HRS as they look a lot better than our early wheat. Timing this year was everything and the guy sleeping at the switch has some nicer crops than the first out of the gate and finished. Every year is different this year is also.

Name:	uVowHQcvR%2wAdTgdnzvmQ.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	778463

Name:	O11HUsgDTNmyFDDWUUR1rw.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	778464

Barley is approaching the heading stage and filling in nice and becoming more even. Malt I still think will be interesting. We always put a fungicide on our barley and this year we will start tomorrow or Sunday. Right now its rating compared to last year a 7. Won't top last years yield.

Flax is the disaster crop in our area. Thin and thick spots and some fields just plain WTF happened. Going to be interesting as it is starting to flower. Will guys spray fungicide I'm thinking most fields probably not. One has a good catch in the area. One.

Rating compared to last year a 3.

Peas and lentils finally seem to be growing out of the shit show and starting to green up and fill in and even out. Full flower for most fields now and most guys did apply a fungicide so far. Rating compared to last years Best since the Viper shit show took two of my four last year. So rating compared is a 7. Lentils are filling in and are really short so far.

Name:	ElPSofypQkq9Ql+WAQHYmw.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	778465

Oats are moving fast along and some fields are starting to push out the seed. Spraying is happening. The yield looks like it will be lower than last year for our area. 8 Compared to last year.

Canola the shit show expensive seed crop that I'm saying is damaged from useless seed treatments because the volunteers around the yard growing in the gravel under the bins are still better than the ones in the field. Canola is a money maker for the seed companies. So produce a useless product and stupid farmers will argue about how wonderful some fields turned out and others failed. It's still overpriced shit for what we get.

Canola crop is starting to flower and some fields are filling in some are a total shit show. Weeds I feel will be a problem in fall as low plant density will allow for nice growth later in the year. Uneven will have issues with green and swathing timing and for those direct cutters go buy a swather as you'll be wondering why is it just not drying down and green going down because I sprayed 4 weeks ago. To the market, this is a sub-par crop coming to get the F#$K out of your offices and explain how shit can become a rose overnight. Rating compared to last year overall a 5 or half the crop right now. Canola is 7 to 14 days later than last year. Spraying fungicides will be a no show for our being. Oh, how big is the shit area. Saskatoon to the border over to Melville and back. Just a little area. Also, why is the perfect field by Regina not looking perfect anymore?

Name:	yRDa4i9eQ+aPUS2BJafWdw.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	778466

Pastures are starting to wake up but some overgrazed are in trouble. The hay crop is poor. Few new seeded last year fields are thin but better than the older fields. Haying has started.

Some RMS are mowing the ditch. Why is my question let the Cowboys have? for at least two weeks.

So to recap the crop is behind last year and not as thick or healthy or good as last year. Lower production will happen and quality could be an issue with the late stage of the crop. Remember we have had it freeze the first few days of August before. That's not that far away. Peas maybe could make something but that would be all.

Have a safe time this week as it's Craven Weekend plus the summer hauling huge campers with half ton trucks by city folks on the road is full bore. These professionals will make your day stressful. But its summer so gear back and when safe blow past them.

Also keep a eye on friends and neighbours as farming is a very stressful ocupation and this year the stress level is ramping up.

Are you not missing part of your report????? You forgot your political rant...little young to be in early stages of forgetfulness ...

Poke!!!!!

Comment

Ok, the one thing that has pissed me off all summer is the useless Disney land Radar maps that Environment Canada is coming out with for Bethune. Big storm then disappears then reappears and some times phantom storm. Fix the F#$King thing already Ralph. One thing you useless liberals could do for Saskatchewan but no you'll piss away billions in Shit hole countries. I honestly believe Trudeau and crew get jobs after and cash from these places in a check years later.

Our useless fool in Ottawa is working overtime handing out Cash to business in Ontario and Quebec. Just working for the votes we mean nothing in West. Just send cash ill piss it away Ottawa.

He is going to get elected again thanks to Max and me me and my party. Plus the NDP and Greens will team up with him if he can't get over the top. Just watch.

Sad really.

Trudeau screwed up our deals with China and they are pissed. THen an Old Liberal tells China to interfere in Election as the liberals are their friends. Like some friends when we can't sell shit anymore to them. Oh, boatloads of real shit still arrive here for the dollar store up.

Time to get tough with these guys throw out and seize the property of Wealthy Chinese. Oh, wait we can't do shit all because we have to go by rule of law. They can capture torture our Canadians over there and nothing is said.

God help us because Canada has failed farmers with an F#$King Loan for what they did.

Comment

Needed my morning coffee. I have to change the sprayer tires today so need my strength.

Oh AG In Motion is next week hope to get there one or two days. It's a fun outdoor show and the crop site is my favourite. look at the different varieties and maybe change things up. Yes, they are fertilized and water to all ends but still it's a good show and getting better each year.

Name:	IMG_3828.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	767472

Comment

Name:	54799094_2300443323356697_2393902719388614656_n.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	767473

Also, why haven't more farmers got into buying old age retirement homes vs FArming. that's where the big money is.

Spent yesterday and last weekend looking for a place for my folks to move into. Wow, that's money maker, not farming.

Name:	M7bFjiDdQHGzYTXW562PAw.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	767474

Name:	CDtcH3ENRESbJ2wuT%tk0A.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	767475

Name:	29I4Q61qSW+Qck4iEqOMNA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	767476

Comment

Jagfarms was running a thread on Twitter much the same... numbers slightly different though.

0-10. 0 is wont see a combine, 5 is average, 10 is best you've ever seen.

So in that scale for myself:
            Yellow mustard:2.5
            Durum:3
            Wheat:6
            Peas:5

For our area?
            Canola/mustard anywhere from a 0.5(meaning part of the field will be graced with a combine) to a 3.
            Wheat:0-6
            Durum:1-4
            Peas:1-5
            Lentils:1-5
            Chickpeas:0.5-3
            Barley:0-4

Comment

I think at this point we should all just vote Trudeau in for a second term and let the chips fall. The debt will go into hyperdrive, the regs and rules will triple, the oppressive taxes will spread and our mainstay industries will die. Then maybe western canada will get off its knees and fing doing something because there is zero benefit to be in this country at all.

The new polling whether right or wrong has put Trudeau 5 pts ahead of the CPC, meaning its probably pretty even. I mean who can stay low in the polls when you are campaigning with unlimited govt funds. Trudeau has committed billions in the last month. 60% of Canadians say they will strategically vote against the CPC. We cant win this. We cant really take power and we cant get our place in confederation respected. Trump is rounding up illegals this month. I suspect we will have a horde of them coming into our country now to vote Liberal. Its stacked. we have to leave this experiemnt behind. We will have more clout as a US protectorate.

Comment

Ugly canola sprayed out.

Wheat is going to be ok and some of the peas and all barley.

Canola is the shit crop we over pay on everything for it.

Shove the seed tax up there ass as that’s what will happen to wheat barley peas etc.

Comment

Surely to christ those dumb pricks dont still think there is room for a seed tax??
                  That ship has sailed unless they wanna start a full scale revolt against this f$&kin we’re taking ?
                  Which will come soon enough in its own without a stupid god damn seed tax grab
                  These guys need to wake to f$&k up?
                  Are they living in a dream world ?

Comment

Went from the Ghetto to Yorkton and back....very few sprayer trails in the fields for fungicides. No way some warrant it. Some warrant to be sprayed dead.
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 11, 2019, 15:55.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Went from the Ghetto to Yorkton and back....very few sprayer trails in the fields for fungicides. No way some warrant it. Some warrant to be sprayed dead.
                      That ghetto area to Yorkton is also known as the ultimate sweet spot. We are going to be fd if it doesn't make something.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        That ghetto area to Yorkton is also known as the ultimate sweet spot. We are going to be fd if it doesn't make something.
                        I'm talking about the Slum of the Ghetto, where Ghetto Central is, my farm....not in any sweet spot. More like agriculture's shit hole.

Not sure which ghetto area you're referring to.

Crops around Bal"careless", look good. That's the Garden of Eden. The center of the Universe in crop production.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Be very, very careful
                          Farma has a TM on that term
                          Cannot be applied to just any area
                          As i have to “the swamp” here

Comment

Peas are coming back from the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              Surely to christ those dumb pricks dont still think there is room for a seed tax??
                              That ship has sailed unless they wanna start a full scale revolt against this f$&kin we’re taking ?
                              Which will come soon enough in its own without a stupid god damn seed tax grab
                              These guys need to wake to f$&k up?
                              Are they living in a dream world ?
                              Guaranteed Tom is vibrating over this post .....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...