• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Northern Growers bought up by FBN.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Northern Growers bought up by FBN.

Farm Business Network has taken over GNG. Now they have a membership model like Farmers of North America had/has.

There was a Grain Broker firm that moved some of their products, I bought through them. Now FBN wants to solicit for membership. There are some carrots for the first couple of years but then its business as usual with the full membership due every year.

I never was that keen on the FNA model but they did help push prices of some products down. All the other things like oil, tires or what ever never really interested me, so I never joined.

I hate membership models where I have to pay to shop/buy someone's products.

I was lining my ducks up for a Diquat product on my peas. SURPRISE....

I bought some chemical from Great Northern growers last year, no complaints. Bought some chemical through FNA last winter, arrived a few weeks too late, and all made in China. Trying hard to boycott Chinese products now, so will not be paying a membership fee to get a Chinese product that arrives too late to do any good.

Does FBN sell mostly Chinese products as well?

Comment

Not sure of their full line of products and where they are manufactured.

I might check out their website.

I used to purchase a glyphosate product and a diquat product that ultimately came from GNG.

Comment

I bought a membership last year. One thing I like was that they have a good setup where you can upload invoices that membership can get an idea as to compare chemical prices. I only did it after spray season last year but found a few that others paid less. Its a great tool for price shopping. You don't know who has the price but it give you a target. They are selling a few generics, sometimes they are the cheapest. They offer cash or fcc. They have a conference every year in Omaha. A few of my area went down to it. Really enjoyed it and hope to go again. One big take away for me was the canola seed pricing. I was blown away as to the differences in the price per bag that guys pay on a lot of varieties. This year it was in some cases over $100 per bag on the same variety.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Not sure of their full line of products and where they are manufactured.

I might check out their website.

I used to purchase a glyphosate product and a diquat product that ultimately came from GNG.

Earlier in the year FBN had a sale on diquat that was just a little over $13 per litre

Comment

Who sells the generic liberty?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...