• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted some of my fields written off....crop insurance doesn't do that....I want to move on and get setup for next year. ...

It's going to get a pass of roundup eventually...

You can't go 57 days without a rain then get 3 inches in 6 hours and think it's going to make it...

My crops will look like the early seeded ones soon....because the moisture is gone....

Comment

How do I know things are bad? Because Nutrien actually picks up the phone and calls a small fry like me asking how its going and if I need anything.

The majority of this crop aborted its reproductive stage when it didn't get rain for nearly 6 weeks after planting. Plants are way smarted than some of our elected leaders.
      Last edited by jazz; Jul 8, 2019, 21:11.

Comment

had a nice half section get nailed today with hail , probably 40%

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          had a nice half section get nailed today with hail , probably 40%
          That was one ugly looking storm this afternoon and it just slipped north of my place! Very Thankful

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            That was one ugly looking storm this afternoon and it just slipped north of my place! Very Thankful
            aylsham

Comment

This is different than Tweeter because everyone on there has pictures of fungicide going on the nicest crops! There must be some nice somewhere?
              The market must watch tweeter.

Comment

Around here, canola is the miracle crop. Ten days ago, I would have given it a sf3 three out of ten. Most was not visible from the road and looked barren. After the sudden wicked growth the last week n half, I give it an eight plus. This canola crop has recovered marvellously relative to how it looked before. Sure there is some that is suffering, but overall there is some amazingly nice canola around. I never would have thought it ten days ago, that’s for darn certain.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  This is different than Tweeter because everyone on there has pictures of fungicide going on the nicest crops! There must be some nice somewhere?
                  The market must watch tweeter.
                  Was looking at Twitter the other day and guys were posting pics of pallets of fungicide they took to the farm....should a guy post pics of the fuel truck when it fills up the tanks in the yard...definitely some real simpletons out there.

Comment

I agree with you on the Twitter thing.

A thin crop you can see two gophers going at it a mile away and the guy is applying fungicide. Like your real special aren’t you.

Comment

Fungicide...

Did the peas. Will do the flax to keep it standing for straight cutting. Everything else will be going without.
                      Some wheat will already be in, or very shortly approaching, the "too late" stage but application timing would have been pretty easy because of pretty even staging. Canola canopy is a bit "airy".

Why "hour-up" a sprayer when I don't THINK it warrants it. Spend a bunch of money for no benefit. And select for fungicide resistance applying it when it really doesn't need it.

I've even taken the previous years' crop rotations into consideration.
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 9, 2019, 06:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                        Was looking at Twitter the other day and guys were posting pics of pallets of fungicide they took to the farm....should a guy post pics of the fuel truck when it fills up the tanks in the yard...definitely some real simpletons out there.
                        "Just spraying a little #mostexpensivefungicide, on our #latestgreatestvariety with the ol #brandnewhighclearance. #westcdnag #deere #chemproduct #livinthedream #agmorethanever #spray2019

Insert picture of pallet of the chem, new deere/patriot, new peterbilt and Denali 1/2 or 3/4 ton in the background by brand new shop with combines off in distance"

Basically ag Twitter these days...

Comment

It's all a big ego stroking competition, LOOK AT ME!!

I only do Agriville, that's enough for me and all I can take some days.

Comment

Tremendous variability here this year
                            This spring was very unforgiving, more so than I’ve seen in years.
                            Add that to some ineffective seed treatment and it has lead to some train wrecks.

Side by side , there is lots of this around
                            Establishment was critical this year in most areas

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              "Just spraying a little #mostexpensivefungicide, on our #latestgreatestvariety with the ol #brandnewhighclearance. #westcdnag #deere #chemproduct #livinthedream #agmorethanever #spray2019

Insert picture of pallet of the chem, new deere/patriot, new peterbilt and Denali 1/2 or 3/4 ton in the background by brand new shop with combines off in distance"

Basically ag Twitter these days...
                              Also saw #nolakeformethisweekend posted by a few fungicide high rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                                Any noticeable difference in varieties?
                                Our 7565 is doing real well compared to the newest and greatest truflex 92sc..
                                pioneer P501L did really well here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.