• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the craziest thing hauled home from an auction?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the craziest thing hauled home from an auction?

I’ve hauled my share of crap home. There’s guys I know who go to quite the trouble to get some “treasures” home.

I brought home a hand ( crank) powered cattle hair trimmer.

Comment

A 29 foot winged up cultivator down the north side of the Qu'Appelle Valley at Fort Qu'Appelle, with a half ton. NOT a floating hitch either.

What has been your biggest disappointment?

Ever get stuck being the last bidder on something you could care less if you owned.

I actually hate auction sales (sorry JDGreen).

Buyer beware and don't get caught up in the Auctioneer's humor and cliches and the "sense of urgency" an auction sale can create.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        A 29 foot winged up cultivator down the north side of the Qu'Appelle Valley at Fort Qu'Appelle, with a half ton. NOT a floating hitch either.

I pulled an old 36ft deep tillage Morris home from a Calgary RB sale through Bearspaw (really high end acreages with hard topped windy roads and no shoulders) with a pickup. Got all the way home and just as I turned in the yard the pintle hitch receiver I was using snapped off. Could have been a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
          I brought home a hand ( crank) powered cattle hair trimmer.
          I think they're actually for horses. Trimming the hair before spring field work to help stay cool. We have some from the "old days".
          Last edited by Braveheart; Jul 7, 2019, 21:12.

Comment

Brought home a one bottom plow as yard art. Now it's just a pain in the ass moving it to mow under.

Comment

Hand crank shears were uptown. My clan had the ones that looked like pliers.

Comment

What has been your biggest disappointment?

Ever get stuck being the last bidder on something you could care less if you owned.

I actually hate auction sales (sorry JDGreen).

Buyer beware and don't get caught up in the Auctioneer's humor and cliches and the "sense of urgency" an auction sale can create.
                What's the old saying? "When you buy something at auction you are the dumbest person there. No one else thought it was worth as much as you did"
                Don't think that's always true but thought it quite funny.

Comment

My wife! That isn't true, but I thought I would share the goings on in my brain with the class.

Comment

Only thing I brought home was a sore head the next morning. 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
                    Actually hate sales, rarely go to them.

Comment

I hauled a tandem set of discers home from a sale, trying to get home before dark, traveling too fast, truck and discers in the ditch pointing the wrong way home. Things go bad real quick when discers start weaving. Guys who haul machinery for a living must have some interesting stories to tell . . . . sign posts etc.

Comment

Brought home a drunk neighbor, whose wife wouldn’t give him a ride home after he bought a
                        Car at the auction that wouldn’t start. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                          My wife! That isn't true, but I thought I would share the goings on in my brain with the class.
                          Refer to Grassy's post

Comment

Refer to Grassy's post
                            I belly laughed at that one!

Comment

I am not allowed to goto auction sales anymore. Got an old store full of junk and you just reminded me of my addictions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...