• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Climate Change Puts Buildings, Coastlines, The North At Most Risk: Report Extreme wea

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    So who will the flat earthers vote for? Can't vote for Scheer other wise you are supporting action on climate change!
    I'll vote for any *****monger who will protect us from economic ruin and the impending hordes who will be seeking our dry land lol.

Comment

dml, thanks for taking the time to actually respond to the question, with actual facts about property prices and sea level. That is a pleasant change from dealing with Chuck who either goes silent or resorts to insults. So, now the bigger question, when did the sea level rise that will eventually make those areas uninhabitable start happening?

Comment

So the building of massive new resorts all along warm climate beach’s around the world and the massive investment in them has stopped ??? Hmmmm .... and why on earth would any billionaire our billionaire company still be investing in those properties then ???? Surely they must know they will be all under water within a few years, no ?? Some of the biggest financial firms in the world backing that and are continuing to do so ..... must have bad advisors .

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          dml, thanks for taking the time to actually respond to the question, with actual facts about property prices and sea level. That is a pleasant change from dealing with Chuck who either goes silent or resorts to insults. So, now the bigger question, when did the sea level rise that will eventually make those areas uninhabitable start happening?
          Ha Ha! Loaded question. Sea level has always changed with global temperature. In fact, just like the charts I have posted previously that show a close correlation between temp and C02, sea level charts also closely match temp and C02 for the last 400,000 years through both ice ages and inter glacial periods. Geology tells us at the high of the last ice age, sea levels were 400 ft lower. Before that last ice age, sea levels reached 26 higher than present levels (which would have flooded most major coastal cities on earth today)

Now for the really interesting part of this discussion. Over the last 800,000 years and a number of ice ages and interglacial periods, the CO2 levels never exceeded 300ppm. Today the C02 levels exceed 410ppm. The last time that happened was roughly 20 million years ago when sea levels were 250 feet higher.

Now I have answered your questions to the best of my ability, yet you have never answered my question which I have posed to you and the list a number of times. So I will ask it once more. If there is a correlation between temp and CO2 (and I don't care what preceeds what) what will be the enviornmental impact of a 410 ppm CO2 level?

Here are charts of sea level rise, CO2 atmospheric concentrations, tempertures etc
          https://www.johnenglander.net/chart-of-420000-year-history-temperature-co2-sea-level/ https://www.johnenglander.net/chart-of-420000-year-history-temperature-co2-sea-level/

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/ https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            So the building of massive new resorts all along warm climate beach’s around the world and the massive investment in them has stopped ??? Hmmmm .... and why on earth would any billionaire our billionaire company still be investing in those properties then ???? Surely they must know they will be all under water within a few years, no ?? Some of the biggest financial firms in the world backing that and are continuing to do so ..... must have bad advisors .
            Why are prairie farmers spending more than the productive value of farmland, knowing that land will never alone support the investment in it?

If investors can build and sell condos today, why would they care if it floods tomorrow? As long as they get the returns from their investment before flooding occurs, why would they care about the fool who bought it from them.

Bankers will lend any amount to anyone as long as there is collateral to cover the loan. Or even if there is not as per the 2009 global housing crisis.

You seem to think people and investors are rational. l beg to differ.

Comment

The Netherlands is a govt, not a group of investors. Go see what they are putting in the flood zone.

Developers don't sell everything, they keep commercial properties like malls and office buildings and lease them out. They are getting put up as fast as any condos.

We now have a forecast for July on the prairies where there is only one above 30deg day predicted. That has never happened in my lifetime that I can remember except maybe when that volcano erupted. There is no climate emergency.

But if you knew anything about the current crop conditions in Canada and the US you would be hoping for some hot days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	july.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	767461
              Last edited by jazz; Jul 7, 2019, 08:32.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                If there is a correlation between temp and CO2 (and I don't care what preceeds what) what will be the enviornmental impact of a 410 ppm CO2 level?
                That is an easy question, and we don't even need speculation or models, there is no need for "will be", we can just observe the results occurring all around the world. They include:
                -Global Greening
                -Increased yields
                -Lower incidence and magnitude of droughts, and therefore famine
                -Savannah overtaking deserts
                -Forests overtaking grassland
                -Expanded habitat for plants and animals(including the human variety)
                -The slow and inexorable sea level rise will continue unabated with the usual undulations, so long as we remain on the upslope of this interglacial.
                -According to the present trends, lower hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and virtually all weather extremes.
                -While it is too early to even speculate on any long term trend, there remains the possibility that we may even see beneficially higher temperatures as a result.

Comment

That is an easy question, and we don't even need speculation or models, there is no need for "will be", we can just observe the results occurring all around the world. They include:
                  -Global Greening
                  -Increased yields
                  -Lower incidence and magnitude of droughts, and therefore famine
                  -Savannah overtaking deserts
                  -Forests overtaking grassland
                  -Expanded habitat for plants and animals(including the human variety)
                  -The slow and inexorable sea level rise will continue unabated with the usual undulations, so long as we remain on the upslope of this interglacial.
                  -According to the present trends, lower hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and virtually all weather extremes.
                  -While it is too early to even speculate on any long term trend, there remains the possibility that we may even see beneficially higher temperatures as a result.
                  If CO2 have no impact on temperature, precipitation, or weather patterns I would likely agree with much of your list. However, I am sorry I was not clearer with my question so let me rephrase:

Given that CO2 levels over last 800,000 years through ice ages, and interglacial warm periods have never exceeded 300ppm,
                  and given the last time CO2 levels exceeded 400ppm was over 20 million years ago
                  and given that sea levels when this occurred were 250 feet higher
                  and global temperatures were 3 to 6C higher when CO2 levels were above 400ppm
                  and that historically we have always found a close association between temperatures, seal levels, and CO2 levels
                  please present factual based data showing what the effect will be to global temperatures and precipitation amounts since CO2 levels are now above 410ppm.

BTW, you keep demanding factual data from anyone presenting climate change theory, so please present facts for each of the wish list you gave. Start with the savannah overtaking deserts seeing as the Gobi desert, western Australian desert, Sahara desert are all continuing to expand

Comment

I presented a bunch of facts which are real World observations in a world where CO2 is over 400 ppm. We are in the middle of an experiment with CO2. And so far, the real time results are entirely favorable, and seem to be disproving the CO2 controls temperature hypothesis(at least at these lofty levels, CO2 as a greenhouse gas at lower concentrations is well established)

And please don't confuse human caused desertification, a major environmental catastrophe(which we could actually solve), with the natural greening of deserts due to increased CO2 and decreased droughts.

Comment

If CO2 have no impact on temperature, precipitation, or weather patterns I would likely agree with much of your list. However, I am sorry I was not clearer with my question so let me rephrase:

Given that CO2 levels over last 800,000 years through ice ages, and interglacial warm periods have never exceeded 300ppm,
                      and given the last time CO2 levels exceeded 400ppm was over 20 million years ago
                      and that historically we have always found a close association between temperatures, seal levels, and CO2 levels
                      please present factual based data showing what the effect will be to global temperatures and precipitation amounts since CO2 levels are now above 410ppm.

BTW, you keep demanding factual data from anyone presenting climate change theory, so please present facts for each of the wish list you gave. Start with the savannah overtaking deserts seeing as the Gobi desert, western Australian desert, Sahara desert are all continuing to expand
                      So 20 million years ago the C02 concentration was over 400 ppm and sea levels were 25 feet higher than today. So the question begs to be asked, today we are at 410 ppm with little rise in sea level, does this not blow a hole in everything you have just stated?

Comment

And how will a carbon tax on Canadians make any difference in that 410 number?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                          So 20 million years ago the C02 concentration was over 400 ppm and sea levels were 25 feet higher than today. So the question begs to be asked, today we are at 410 ppm with little rise in sea level, does this not blow a hole in everything you have just stated?
                          I was hoping to try to draw that conclusion out of the alarmists themselves. However, logic such as that seems to be lost on them.

Comment

I presented a bunch of facts which are real World observations in a world where CO2 is over 400 ppm. We are in the middle of an experiment with CO2. And so far, the real time results are entirely favorable, and seem to be disproving the CO2 controls temperature hypothesis(at least at these lofty levels, CO2 as a greenhouse gas at lower concentrations is well established)

And please don't confuse human caused desertification, a major environmental catastrophe(which we could actually solve), with the natural greening of deserts due to increased CO2 and decreased droughts.
                            you gave no facts! you made a bunch of statements with no supporting evidence. Give me a source of the real world observations you claim are being made. Show me the same consideration you expect when you demand facts from those who believe in climate change. Show me real data, not just headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              Tell me Hamloc, if you put a large pot of water on your stove to boil and turn the burner on, does the water instantly boil? So if you do not expect instant boiling when heating a pot of water, why do you think it is a valid argument that the earth must instantly heat to the level of 20 million years ago as CO2 increases to that level over just the few decades.

Comment

“We have always found a close ......”
                                sooo , your a climate scientist and a farmer ??? Who knew......

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...