• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nutshell

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutshell

Despite recent precipitation events, year to date rainfall registrations across almost all of Australia’s cropping regions are still below average. In some parts of New South Wales and Queensland, the rain gauge has rarely been bothered in the last 18 months, and they are still in the grip of the drought that plagued east coast grain production in 2018.

The crop may be in the ground through southern New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia but many areas will require above average winter and spring rainfall just to achieve average yields.

Yep crops in the ground on my ranch looks "just ok" but living from rain to rain. Year thus far decent rain dispersed with dry 3 to 4 weeks periods.

I will take any spare warm dry weather you have. Drowning here. Your winter may be better than our summer. Cool showery weather as far as the eye can see here. I need heat. In these parts you get the same sucky crop in a wet year as a dry year but it just cost more to get it in a wet year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.