• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend rain

Did everyone get some?

We got 2 inches at the yard
    1 inch 2 miles north of the yard
    1.5 inches 2 miles south of the yard.

That is quite variable for a 4 mile spread.

Is that like saying we got 4.5 inches all together?

Comment

Just two inches over the whole farm last week. ITs time to go mudding with the sprayer.

Comment

Started Thursday, 0.4 + 1.0 + 0.4 + 0.2 in ten minutes yesterday =2" at yard. Also Varied widely around here in short distances. Spray when? Wait for NEW weeds emerging, crop getting TOO BIG, any sprayed before rain will look weedy in a week? A real mess a coming where crop is thin. Preharvest? If not illegal.

Comment

9/10ths on Wednesday

3.6 inches on Friday

thats 4.5 inches ....was feeling good on Thursday and early friday ....now not so much....many acres lost ..potholes are back....

the first inch would have held until the 28th.....

Comment

2-3 inches over 2-3 days. Cant ask for much better than that. All soaked in, nothing but a few puddles in the yards. You can just see the crops growing now. Now guys are going bonkers trying to spray it all fast. Only a few acres were sprayed prior to the rain.

Comment

3.5 since Wednesday I’d take more, some minor puddles but the cows don’t mind.

Comment

3.5-4.5” very very thankful. Yes, have some lower areas with water standing, rather have that than blow dirt. Sk weather comes in extremes very seldom we get exactly what we want.

Comment

varied from 8 tenths -1.3 " around here
                  beautiful rain
                  everyone was done spraying around here or near to it

Comment

Nothing to brag about but welcome. Took 3 different days but ended with 1.2 inches. Just a shower compared to many of you.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      9/10ths on Wednesday

3.6 inches on Friday

thats 4.5 inches ....was feeling good on Thursday and early friday ....now not so much....many acres lost ..potholes are back....

the first inch would have held until the 28th.....
                      I wonder if you have ever said anything positive in your 1000s of comments on here. If it’s as dry as you said how could 4.5 inches be too much. Most would have loved to get half of that. Many places in southern Alberta haven’t seen 4.5” in close to 2-3 years combined.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                        I wonder if you have ever said anything positive in your 1000s of comments on here. If it’s as dry as you said how could 4.5 inches be too much. Most would have loved to get half of that. Many places in southern Alberta haven’t seen 4.5” in close to 2-3 years combined.
                        The gloves are about to come off!!
                        So would this be the preliminary fight to the main event ..... SKF vs Grassy?
                        Could be standing room only.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                          I went to the Farm progress show with an inch of rain in the gauge and it was sunny out ...was perfect with the cooler forecast...

8 hours later it said 4.25 inches....its too much...do you put 4.5 inches on with irrigation????

I was very thankful on Friday for the rain....thought that was a positive comment...so yes I do say positive things...

I also made positive comments of your appearance in front of the ag committee about how a loan wasn't in the best interest of farmers...

Does your ego need more stroking...mine doesn't...and if you want fake news you won't get it from me...

If you want sunshine and lollipops ...go to a candy store...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            I went to the Farm progress show with an inch of rain in the gauge and it was sunny out ...was perfect with the cooler forecast...

8 hours later it said 4.25 inches....its too much...do you put 4.5 inches on with irrigation????

I was very thankful on Friday for the rain....thought that was a positive comment...so yes I do say positive things...

I also made positive comments of your appearance in front of the ag committee about how a loan wasn't in the best interest of farmers...

Does your ego need more stroking...mine doesn't...and if you want fake news you won't get it from me...

If you want sunshine and lollipops ...go to a candy store...
                            Actually people put 4” on,all at once, with wheel moves all the time And if you remember on that thread you took 2 or 3 shots at me before you said that well that one comment was ok

Comment

BTW ...I also notice you have had a change of heart about whether a free market exists?????

Whats that about ....thought you guys had it all figured out about the open market ...

Forgot to tell Yerry to have accountable reporting...

And one other question...why wasn't your stored canola protected with options because in front of the ag committee you mentioned you had lost 50k...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...